Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (bigair19)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-11-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
i am making a trip next summer to table rock lake and i was wonder where the best place to stay on the water is included with a boat slip.
Old     (fuzzball)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2006, 10:20 PM Reply   
We were there this summer and launched at the Indian point area. It's a beautiful lake but we had a hell of a time finding any smooth water. I think if you look up Indian point, there are some listings of all the resorts in the area, and like I said, it's a very nice part of the lake.
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-11-2006, 11:13 PM Reply   
if you can find cows creek or little cows creek your good for some smooth ridin go to the wake shops there too theyll hook you up wiht soem good places to ride

(Message edited by hyperlite1622 on November 11, 2006)
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-11-2006, 11:49 PM Reply   
we always stay at bittersweet lodge in kimberling city... ill be up there like the second week of august i think.... its the best lake ive ever been on....
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-12-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
chad asked"the best place to stay on the water is included with a boat slip."
http://www.big-cedar.com/lodging/
big cedar, flat water in the morning,great food,if you want flat water in the afternoon go south till you find flat water even if you have to go to the arkansas border,right at the boarder was a pretty good strip when we went,
next time i will just take a wakesurfer and surf in the afternoon, because it gets so busy
and hope you don't mind 90 dgr. water temps ( i didn't) to me it was comfortable in the 100 dgr.air temp.
hey bigair, are you around st. lewis at all? if you are,where is the flattest water for wakeboarding? i have family out there, but none of them ride
Old     (bigair19)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-12-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
yes jo i am the best water is the kaskaskia river that's where we go for the best riding.
Old     (bigair19)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-12-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
where is big cedar located and does a room include a boat slip
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-12-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
big cedar is just south of branson on rt. 86
http://www.big-cedar.com/visit/map-branson/
the boat slip was 80$ for the week, but we had two wave runners, and three kayaks in the boat slip, and i split the cost with my brother in-law.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-12-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
Chad, during the summer I am there at least once a month, or every other week. After going so much I finally have a place of my own to stay, but I usually stay(ed) around the Shell Knob area. Its a great little town with tons of places to stay and there is always a boat slip open at a good price. There is also a good shop there, and I know of a super rad guy who gives lessons. I can't think of any prices off the top of my head but send me an email and I'd love to point you in the right direction if your interested.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-12-2006, 10:37 PM Reply   
big cedar is nice.... never stayed there but drove by it ont he water... i think im thinkin of the same place
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-12-2006, 11:59 PM Reply   
Chad, I met some people ina Supra from Belleville when we were down at Table Rock in August, was it you?

In the past we have always stayed at Hickory Hollow outside Shell Knob on the Kings River Arm. You can not beat the water down there, but it is a long way from civilization and there are some stumps and trees in the water. Water is not as clear either. This past August we stayed at a place right across the main channel from Little Cow. I can't remember the name of the place, but we're going back next August for a week as well. My buddy Brad that is on this site a lot has a house around the corner from this resort. It's a good part of the lake and you can still find a lot of good places to ride. There are probably 50 good resorts with docks though on the lake, most of them pretty reasonable. Our family has been going to Table Rock since 1992.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-13-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
I checked out that lake on google maps, and WOW! It looks like a SICK lake. How deep is it, on average?
Old     (bigair19)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-13-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
yes it was me
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-13-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
Chad, sorry I never really got back with you guys. Summer was crazy at work in August and September, I only got to the lake twice after Table Rock. We'll have to hook up next summer. I'm actually looking at a Supra 22SSV, might pick on up in the spring.

As far as good places to stay, I have been to a bunch of different places, mainly Shell Knob. Shell Knob is a great little town with a great wakeboard shop, Williams Brothers Ski and Sports. They are the MC dealer down there and they have a lot of stuff in the shop all the time. There are some good resorts there and the riding around that area is great, especially during the week. You can ride the main channel out there during the week and find great water. Most of the places out there are the smaller mom and pop resorts, but some are very nice, and I prefer those when going down there.

Kimberling City also is a good area. Little Cow has good riding and it close to most of the resorts there, plus they have on the water shops owned by the Malibu dealer at Kimberling City Boat Dock and at Indian Point Boat Dock. I have been to the Cape Fair area a couple times by boat. It's quiet and you can go miles without seeing a boat during the week. I don't think there are many places to stay though.

Branson area has some nicer places, but it is also very busy that way. Also you could head toward Arkansas, good water down there, or Arkansas on the west end of the lake (Holiday Island).
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-13-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
Oh, and I'd say average depth is probably 70+ feet on the main channel. There are places that it will reach 150-200 on the depth finder. I would say summer water level change never adjusts more than 10-15 feet, so you have pretty steady water level. Deep in the Kings River arm we would ski the river section and it would be 10-15 feet. Most of the arms water maintains 50+ feet depth. There is little obstructions other than trees that were left in the lake deep in some of the coves.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-13-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
does the water stay choppy, or glass out all the time? I would assume glass all the time, just because of the layout on the map, but Powell looks similar, and Powell's steep rocky sides means bumpy water after one boat goes through...any good pix?
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-13-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
Most of the time TRL is super nice! Butter definately happens and no the cliffs don't cause bumpy water, oddly enough!

Its one of the best lakes in the US... Hands down!