Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (boarderbabe)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-10-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
Hey everyone.
Its been forever and a day since I've been on here... Nice to be back. Anyway, I need some help. For my sociology course, we have to take a subculture and break it down. I've chosen to do wakeboarders. Anyway, I'm from CO and only know the culture here. I have to compare and contrast the differences between riders of the north, south, east and west of America.
I have to explain the following: (Between each area of the US)
-Specific language, words or symbols
-Kids of tools (This can be boats, ropes, yadda yadda)
-Explanation of the sub-culture: the leaders, followers, experts, novices and the purpose of each
-A description of each sub-culture. What they do when they are together and when and why they group.

This is hard to do since I only know what goes on in CO. Any help anyone can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
-Ellie

Also, if anyone has any videos or pictures they wants me to use, I need as many as I can get. (I know Google has tons, I just thought I'd put in the offer :])