Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    xtremebordgurl            10-11-2003, 5:11 PM Reply   
I posted an explanation of my goals in the wake industry in a diff. thread (tallest pro? http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/85403.html?1065885086), when it dawned on me that I'd love to be a rep for something/somebody. Doing all sorts of oddds an ends, like photo shoots, interviews, videos, press releases, etc. How do I go about getting into this sort of job? Does this sort of job even exist? I've done a couple photo shoots, interviews, and small videos, nothing really major yet but I've done enough to know that I love it. I love helping people and helping the industry grow and such.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-17-2003, 11:54 PM Reply   
anyone???
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-18-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
Make yourself known in the industry. Connections canīt hurt, so I would suggest organizing a tournament or something along those lines. By the way, did you ever decide on a board?
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-18-2003, 6:20 PM Reply   
yeah, I'm going with the O'Brien Vision 140, I just put $40 down, now I just have to get a job to pay the other 175 and I'll be on my way! Thanx for all your feedback
Old    kevlar            10-19-2003, 5:57 PM Reply   
Try making some business cards and a portfolio with some samples of pictures you've taken, videos you've shot, etc. Include a letter to explain your experience and to show how well you can write and represent yourself. Go to competitions, approach pros and promising riders and just ask them if they'd like some help, hand them your card, and ask them if they'd like to see your portfolio. Most wakers are pretty down to Earth people and won't blow you off. Sounds like you've got initiative and would be good at it, and it sounds like a ton of fun. Good luck.
Old    kevlar            10-19-2003, 6:01 PM Reply   
Just noticed where you live, it's gonna be tough starting in the Northeast, so get a normal but flexible job to support you until you land something. Oh, and get another opinion from somebody with experience in the pro circuit; I'm just goin off of common sense, here.