Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-01-2001, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have tried this trick a couple dozen times this summer and almost every time I try it I get no rotation. When I watch myself on video I notice that there is slack in the rope when I let go of the small handle and it never pulls me around. A couple things that screw me up is that I am not sure when to let go of the handle or how hard should I throw the trick. Could someone please give me the low down on this trick. Some suggestions on advice that would help me is the handle position, amount of edge, the amount of tension on the small handle coming into the wake, whether or not to tuck my legs in, and when to let go of the small handle. Thanks
Old                08-01-2001, 12:18 PM Reply   
you need to throw it like a mexi roll. that is a head down roll. Take a short cut, just like a roll to revert. you need to throw your head down and out, so for a right foot forward, you would throw your head down and to the left. Let go of the small handle right off the wake. you will have slack, and it will probably ripe the handle out of your hands a couple of times. If you can get to where you can spot your landing, your set, then you will be the coolest kid on your lake. It is a rad trick! Hope it helped some. Try to watch it on a video, and put it through slowmo for a bunch of times, so you understand and respect the trick. have fun!!
jeff
Old                08-01-2001, 7:17 PM Reply   
i actually start with a wide cut so that i have a lot of time to make sure i'm standing tall and have a good edge into the wake. eventhough i start wide i still go slow into the wake. you want to make sure you are upside down before you let go of the rope. it also helps to cut into the wake at a smaller angle. for example, you don't want to cut into the wake like a raley where your board is perpendicular to the wake. make sure that if you can't get your hand back on the handle when you come around on the 360 that you push the rope to your front hip so that you don't fall on your face.