Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-15-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
I have been trainning/practicing on the Indo Boards at work during slow times. They are crazy fun, just started 360's on Sat. My question is do they really help with WakeBoarding balance? I have yet to get on the water to find out. If anyone is looking for the Indo Boards we have them at Rocklin Watersports.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-15-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
My balance has gotten better and i can land a little better...but nothing significant really...
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-15-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
i know with boardsliding on a snowboard i have a ton more balance since getting an indo board, S rails are hella fun now. As far as wakeboarding....i dont know about rails, but riding in general i think it may help a lil bit
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-16-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
Since I got mine I think it has helped me bring in saves, overall it feels like I can salvage a bad landing better than before I got one. And isn't it better than just sitting on the couch?
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-17-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Couch is certainly safer. I thought I broke my femur last year after a bad fall. I landed on the roller up near my hip however I bruised so bad it went all the way to my foot. My wife was not impressed.
Old     (wakeboarder46)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-17-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
Jesse

HOw much for the indo boards?
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
hey cole, email me for pricing
Old     (wakeboarder46)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-17-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
rod

i sent you a email
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-17-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
Yeah, landing on the roller (or the spring in my "cheap home made car spring/skateboard with no trucks combo" case) hurts something fierce, good thing I was drunk at the time

Had a wicked bruise for about 2 weeks, I find once you feel yourself going it's better to just jump off rather than try to go for the save.

Haven't ridden mine in a while... the skateboard has started to delaminate, was only about $15 though so I'll pick up another one sometime...

I might change the car spring to some 150mm (6") PVC piping if I can find end caps for it as well, without them the PVC bends too much and will crack after a while. I also want to half fill it with sand or something to slow it down if I need to.

Obviously my home made one isn't the same as a real Indo Board, but it has helped my balance I think, especially riding switch, plus you can practice any time you want without needing to find a third rider or get the boat out.