Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
Just went to Performance Ski n Surf where I shipped two of the three boards. Here's what's up with them. Chris Waters, St. Petersburg FL, you are getting the 135. I have emailed you, but that was just this morning. Hope you are home to receive it. Greg Gifford, in Naples, you are getting the 140. Should have them pretty soon. In the boxes are notebooks in a big ziplock baggy taped to the inside of the box. The board is in a sub6 box which is inside a normal board box. Do your best to take care of the whole setup. The 140 is waiting at Performance for Dave from Apopka to pick it up.
Here's a story to start the whole thing off. I wanted to be the first one to ride each board so I took them out yesterday for a quick rip. I have been on the 135 for a while and made for a little change getting on the 140 but quickly got used to it. What I wasn't used to was the extra speed it carried as I whipped in to my dock and literally whipped into my dock. I have done this before but something caused a huge brain fart and I tried to stop myself with my hands from colliding with the dock and that wasn't enough so the tip of the board caught the 6x6 and kinda broke the tip. yeah, great start. Nice move Murray, can't even ride your own board. How do you expect others to not damage it. Please don't be an idiot like I was. The board isn't too bad and is fine to ride, just wanted a new one on the road, so I replaced it. I think I forgot to put fins in the 145, but i think its fine without fins.
The boards will have 1 or 2 more stops in Florida and then up to GA. I'm thinking from there to AL, and then TN? Bunch of requests from TX, CA, MI, MN etc... so I will do my best to spread the love.
thanks again everyone for checking in and keepin the idea alive.
Shaun
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-26-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
Shaun, glad to see you threw the MN up in the bunch of requests list! Cant wait for the lakes to thaw and possibly get the board up here. Question though? How long do these people keep the boards, and most importantly, how do they know who to send it to next and whomever it is getting sent to, how do they know the board is on its way to them? Hopefully we can get it up here in MN sometime and if its in my area, or i get it, i will volunteer my boat for its use!
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-26-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Shaun e-mail sent your way!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-26-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
hahahaha great dock story, my did that last summer with a brand new ride!
Old    sdahockey21            03-26-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
Ok so just one Question, how do we know who to send it to next?
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
i will either contact you directly or post on here where it is going next. i just need to hear from these first three people.
Old     (astonestreet)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-26-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
That story is one of many Im sure will come out of this!!!! Should be a great read by the time its all said and done. Hope my name makes the list! Wicked good idea Shaun. Thanks for pushing the sport!
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-26-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Awesome, I hope it makes it way to northern MN.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
make sure you post your address on the "official pay it forward" post. also post the size you want.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
Coolest program ever. Nice work Shaun
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
You're the man Shaun.

Don't forget about us up here in WA...
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-26-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
Please send one this way. Thanks this is so sweet! The 135 plz. Im pumped to try them.
K. Plahn
111 3rd Ave. No.
Suite #220
Mpls., MN 55401
Old     (savage)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-26-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
Awesome, thanks again Shaun.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-26-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
Heading down to Performance right now!!!dave.
Old    sealyon.net            03-26-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Great dock story, glad your ok.
Old     (big_matt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Not sure I know how this all started but if you would like the 145 to visit Canada, I can help you out. There is still 12" of ice on my lake so if it got here for the beginning of June (or later but before October) that would be great. Are there some rules to this? I will remember to watch out for the my dock. Email me if I have missed the intent of this thread. Thanks.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-26-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
I will probably just buy this board...it is one that is on the "list."