Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old    George Gilbert (geogilbert)      Join Date: May 2007       07-11-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
I am looking for a new setup for my wife.
She is 5'6 about 110. She can jump a bit but is struggling wake to wake.

I am pretty much gonna have to buy without the ability to demo since we have no local board shop.

Any suggestions?
Old    Jim (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
My daughter is 15 and about the same size as your wife and she also just does single wake jumps with a wake to wake every once in a while and she ride a liquid force diva 135 and likes it alot
Old    Donna F (dfrost733)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-11-2009, 3:45 PM Reply   
I ride the Hyperlite Eden 135, it is a great board, I love it!
Old    Kyle Duffy (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-11-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
We have a 08 LF Melissa board/bindings on our boat for the ladies and they love it. easy in and out of the bindings, great support. with the middle fin in it tracks really well, with it out its a little squirly at first but learn how to edge better.

Just relaying info that they have all told me :-)
Old    Ryan N (vtecths)      Join Date: May 2009       07-12-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
My wife has both the Diva 131 and Melissa 134 and she prefers the Melissa. She says the ride is much more controlled.
Old    Brett Bartel (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-12-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
Ha!

When reading the subject line, I thought you were offering your wife for a board!
Old    wakejjboard12            07-12-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
"I am pretty much gonna have to buy without the ability to demo since we have no local board shop."

Not true. Check out tcwake.com they do demos online. Demo first.
Old    septicwaters            07-12-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
COMPANY Severance 134. I have seen girls jump on this board and clear the wake, when they were struggling on there traditional boards
Old    Jarod Craig (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-12-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
my wife rides the ronix coy she absolutely loves it. It is a very light setup and she just got her wake to wakes down over the fourth. she had the melissa before the Coy and prefers the coy.
Old    Soli (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-12-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
just goes to show different strokes for different folks, my lady hates the coy. She has one and wont even ride it anymore.

She like the old HL syn shape. It rides high in the water and the CWB ember is what she is one now.

She had the diva and liked it but was a super basic beg board
Old    Alice W (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-12-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
yeah, it's definitely hard to know what will suit someone. I absolutely hated the Jett/witness, but everyone else on the planet seems to love it!
however, I tried a friend's coy and i have to say it was one of the easiest to ride, most versatile boards i've ever used. it wasn't quite as poppy as my current board, but was a lot more predictable. i'd definitely recommend it for a beginner looking to improve. or anyone who really wants to stick some new tricks.