Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
So, I'm making my own wake DVD. It's pretty much going to consist of southwestern VA riders, but I've been trying to figure out a name for the past couple of weeks, and finally got one, but I'm not sure if has been used.

So, is Gauntlet available as a name? As far as I can tell it is, but I'm not sure... An explanation of the name will come when I finish the movie, but until then I don't feel like explaining it.

Also, I'll have a preliminary trailer with some spring riding on it coming up in 4 or 5 weeks, just to get some initial judgement. This is where I will post all of my stuff in relation to the video though.
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-25-2008, 10:41 PM Reply   
Not used as far as i know its just an old ass video game. dont ask me how i know that
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-25-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
Well it prolly wont be anymore haha but yeah it's not bad at all... Looking forward to seeing what you come up with
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-26-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
is it not a MTV show called "The Gauntlet?"
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2008, 6:18 AM Reply   
Crap... I think you're right... I don't watch MTV though, so I can't be sure. I ran a search for it on IMDB, and only came up with the 1970's Clint Eastwood movie The Gauntlet, but that was it that I remember. I'll check again.

Just checked. It's actually "The Real World Road Rules Challenge: The Gauntlet (1, 2, & 3)"

Then there's the video game, which has four installments, the most recent being in 2005...

(Message edited by wakeboardern1 on March 26, 2008)
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-26-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
You had to look up the Clint Eastwood movie on imdb? I feel old. That was a fun movie. Eastwood plays a bounty hunter who has to get a witness to a trial across country. The mob is trying to stop him and there are betting lines on whether or not he'll make it. Eastwood has far better movies but The Gauntlet worth watching.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-26-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
I love Eastwood, one of my favorites is Escape From Alcatraz, classic. That would be a sweet name too..Escape from (blank)?
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-26-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
yes there is an mtv show called the gauntlet. however i dont think they can sue you if you're making a wake dvd called the gauntlet. i think they could only sue you if you made a tv show called the gauntlet. may want to look into it
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
and the all popular video game too ;)
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
The Gauntlet is only a subtitle for the MTV show. It's actual name is The Real World/Road Rules Challenge. The Gauntlet comes after that. And mine's just called Gauntlet...

And considering the fact that this DVD is essentially just going to be a freebie for anyone who wants a copy after I finish it, I don't think that I'd have to worry about the name THAT much... But I do need to check into the music for it, because I'm not sure how the use of bands like Chevelle will affect the distribution of said DVD... It's all coming out of my pocket (yay...), so I'm not sure what that's going to mean in the long run. I guess it's kind of like when people post stuff on youtube using music, except there may be a little bit more of a problem with it, just because it may be given out. Considering it isn't a real release, and it's merely just a bunch of hard copies of what is essentially in principle the same as a youtube vid, I'm not sure how it would work...
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-26-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
in what little experience i have i would go ahead and use whatever music you please.

but if you want to get in touch with someone from Chevelle let me know. i can put you in touch with their mgr or someone from WB.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
it's not their manager that you have to deal with. it's the label company. and most major label companies charge an arm and a leg to use their music for a wake dvd. check out some of the music on myspace. a lot of them aren't committed to a major label and would be stoked if you used their music.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
Fair game, thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that. Now to go check out the frontpage videos for bands. I actually found one that sounds a good deal like a combination between breaking benjamin and chevelle, which I liked. Now I just need to find them again.
Old     (zburns)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
So is this going be made up by wakenskate riders i assume
Old     (zburns)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
Anyways let me know when you get the video cause Im a southwest va rider (smith mountian lake) so it will be cool to have a video with some local riders
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
Nah, not so much. It will have Joel Wagner in it, not sure about others. I may get them in it, but I don't really know any of them besides Joel and Lee. It's going to have the VT Wakeboarding/Waterskiing club as a bunch of riders.

I'll hit you up when it warms up down at the lake. If you get the chance, or feel like making the trip, you should come up to the blackwater, it's way nicer than the Roanoke or down by the dam. I've ridden in all of those areas, and my favorite by far is the Bw. Plus we've got the cliffs, and I live right next to them.

If you want to be in the movie, just let me know. I've got plenty of space.