Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-18-2004, 11:44 PM Reply   
Hey folks I know awhile back there was a post about water issues at this lake. I also recall a link put up by Daniel Doud(Dcdoud) that went to a Monterey County site that had an official document dealing with the water issues at Naci. I looked at the archives with the search & found nothing, i was hoping Daniel or another could help me out. I need this for a school project I'm doing on the effects of decreased water levels on tourism etc. Thanks in advance, I'll be sure to post my finished project so you guys can see.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-19-2004, 6:15 AM Reply   
I dont know if this is what you are looking for but this is the story on nacimiento. The land that the lake sits in belongs to SLO county but the dam sits on monterey county. Monterey county built the dam for flood control and water for the farmers in the salinas valley. Im sure how many years ago but monterey county asked SLO county for some revanew from nacimiento lake to help with maintenance on the dam. SLO county said NO witch the fight is still on between the two countys. So now monterey will use the water from Nacimiento and take the level down to minamul pool. Than tap into San Antonio lake for water in the Salinas Valley since they make money on recreation. The homeowners still have lawsuits pending due to water issues. Homeowners have lost twice now in court.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-19-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
I know all that, I grew up in SLO & learned to ski @ Naci when I was 7. I'm privy to the issue. I just remember reading a link that was a study by Monterey County into the complaints of homeowners/businesses and their relation to the lakes original contract. The lake was built in 1955 I believe. If anyone recalls this link it would be most helpful.
Old    norcal_99            05-19-2004, 10:01 PM Reply   
What are the water levels at Nacimiento right now? I'm thinking about going there over Memorial weekend.
Old    miker            05-21-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
43% I believe
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-21-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
damn thats low!