Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-18-2009, 3:34 AM Reply   
Without taking vacation days, I'm forced to go boating mostly on Saturdays and Sundays at Lake Elsinore (SoCal), and have been waiting this summer for two events. School to start, and the weather to get colder.

In the last few weeks, boats on Lake Elsinore are down easily 50%, and we were actually able to wakeboard all the way up until 2 PM this Sunday (usually unheard of due to rough waters). I can't wait until fall when most of the jet skiiers vanish, and even fewer boats will be on the lake.

Is this trend "schools in = less time for boating even on the weekends" the same everywhere else?

I love the summer, but I love the spring and fall even more!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2009, 3:57 AM Reply   
i'm loving it! there are far less boats out on the lakes now. the real bonus is that we are finally having summer up here in minnesota....80's, sun, no wind, and high 70's water temps. couldn't have asked for anything more these past two weeks.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-18-2009, 6:00 AM Reply   
Same thing here in MA, it is certainly my favorite time of year. Though it has been windy here. The last 5 times we were out during the week before work at 5:30am, it has been windy and very choppy. But I will take that over rollers any day.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
Me and my buddys that all live around the lake love this time of year as its when we get "our lake" back. All the nonner's leave and stop tearing up the water. Less and less sycophant jet skiers trying to kill our riders. Less frustration and more joy plus next week is suppose to be in the low to mid 80's friggin hot for Seattle in the fall. Not to mention football!!!
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-18-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
I go up to our summer place in NW Indiana and myself along with our friends we ride with on our lake have been loving it. Seems like labor day weekend a lot of people take their piers and boats out no matter what the weather is. If we want good water on the weekends we have to be done riding by around 10am. Last weekend we started riding at 9 had 6 people take 1 set then went out on another friends boat 8 people took a set and only saw 1 other boat out all day. Sunday a few more boats out but could have rode again all day.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-18-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
man I hope my wetsuit still fits..
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Same here in WA state too. Haven't even dug the wetsuits out yet as the air temps have been in the 90s, & water temps still over 68.

In fact we went to Shasta the week of August 24th - 31st. Schools in Cali had already started & the lake & camp grounds were DEAD! It was great!
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-18-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
We were on Don Pedro last weekend Fri-Sun and it was dead! Campgrounds mostly empty! Then again the weather probably played a small role, ya think? This blew through Saturday morning and by noon it was gone and killer the rest of the day.

Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-18-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
Razzman - Thats a sick photo of Pedro.. I NEVER EVER see it that glass looking... I'll be there this weekend...
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-18-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
spring and fall is the best riding season ever in canada No boats, No people in the cottage country... Its just Me the Boat and LOUD music on butttery calm waters soooo gooood
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-18-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
i love winter. best time ever to ride. flat water all day. no afternoon chop at berryessa. the best days ive ever had on the lake where in January and February.
nothing like getting into the water and leaving ripples from shaking due to the cold.. and getting out with your lips blue!
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
Central Wisco has been great lately too. After not having much of a summer, the last 2+ weeks has been 70's and no wind. Evenings after work there is no one on the water...although it's getting harder to sneak sets in because the sun is setting so much earlier. Getting a little cool in the evenings too, but it's worth it!
Upload
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-18-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
I feel sad for you guys in Wisconsin and higher states. When do the lakes get to cold or start freezing over?
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-19-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
In Ga. the lakes clear out on Sat when college football starts. We still have 6 wks left give or take.