Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2015, 7:12 PM Reply   
Muslim group does not blame school from calling police on Mohamads "home made clock"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslim-g...r-boys-arrest/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2015, 7:18 PM Reply   
LOL Muslim group blames government for "creating" a environment of fear!!!! That's a good one! So it's the U.S. Governments fault that We should fear Muslims with home made clocks! LOL


How about this Muslims! recognize and admit your radical people in the name of alla make bombs and kill innocent people
With such devices and we will admit we reacted with in normal boundrys
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2015, 7:41 PM Reply   
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Grant, love your threads to substance. You're thread of your news feed leave a lot to be desired.

Carry on.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-17-2015, 8:14 PM Reply   
Give me a ****ing break. But I get where you're coming from,the radical Christians in this country terrify me.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2015, 9:08 PM Reply   
I'm saying stop blowing $hit up and we will Stop profiling you! Pretty simple
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2015, 9:09 PM Reply   
^^^^ Well we know that's not gonna happen so continue on
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2015, 9:17 PM Reply   
Guess that's the point, G... Would be funny to see you running a "Christian" shooting with every Roll there, but I assume your news feed doesn't roll that. But Allah knows, it's tough to track that, numbers are rolling.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2015, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I'm saying stop blowing $hit up and we will Stop profiling you! Pretty simple
Like Oklahoma City? WTF? Are you that ignorant?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-17-2015, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
So it's the U.S. Governments fault that We should fear Muslims with home made clocks!
Sorry, I agree with the Muslims here, a tiny minority of them are radical, the vast majority are normal people like you and me. If we are playing the blame game then the media need to take some responsibility too.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2015, 9:28 PM Reply   
I really challenge you to "READ" a ton, both sides. Not a news feed so much, but FACT CHECKING sites as well(more).
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2015, 9:32 PM Reply   
If nothing else, well, I'd probably discount 90% of your email list/Facebook feed. Factcheck.org READ IT/LIVE IT/DON'T FORWARD CHIT UNTIL YOU CHECK IT!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2015, 9:37 PM Reply   
Mind you, if you can't check that email, chances are you should reply to the sender "really, you believe this?"
There ended the lesson...

Last edited by deuce; 09-17-2015 at 9:42 PM.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-18-2015, 5:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
LOL Muslim group blames government for "creating" a environment of fear!!!! That's a good one! So it's the U.S. Governments fault that We should fear Muslims with home made clocks! LOL


How about this Muslims! recognize and admit your radical people in the name of alla make bombs and kill innocent people
With such devices and we will admit we reacted with in normal boundrys
I fail to see what government initiating force and threatening violence against an intelligent boy has anything to do with religion.

Story: Government has a monopoly on violence, government uses violence against individual minding his own business, innocent kid and family harmed by government

Religion is entirely irrelevant. There was no problem until government created one. Hopefully this experience hasn't stifled this kids creativity and aspirations too much.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-18-2015, 5:33 AM Reply   
c'mon guys, be fair!

Look at all of the profiling of the Christian right that came because of Army of God/abortion clinic/olympic bomber Eric Rudolph.

And the unibomber made it absolutely impossible for a white guy with a bitchen mustache to wear aviators and a hoodie.

I had to burn my trenchcoat after columbine.

oh yeah wait, none of that is true. So is this what we've come to? Profiling schoolkids because of the name their parents gave them? If you are really that scared of a muslim-sounding name, well the terrorists really HAVE won.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2015, 9:04 AM Reply   
Google total amount of Muslims (I got 2.1 Billion People)
http://muslimpopulation.com/index.html
Then Google total amount of radical Muslims world wide. (I found mixed results some said as little as 1% and some as high as 36%)

Let's just say that it is 2% that is radical that's 20 Million people. That want you and me Dead!

Ralph; that's 4 times the population of New Zeland.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-18-2015, 3:51 PM Reply   
Do you know how many Christians want me dead Grant? I am pro abortion, I think churches should pay taxes, and I want everyone to keep their religions to themselves because I have my own beliefs and they don't jive with Christians, Muslims, Hindus, or any other organized religion. I bet there are more than 20 million Christians right here in the USA that want me dead. I'm certainly less worried about the 20 million Muslims who mostly live outside the USA and therefore can't vote in our national elections nor fire a gun far enough to reach me as a target.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-18-2015, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Google total amount of Muslims (I got 2.1 Billion People)
http://muslimpopulation.com/index.html
Then Google total amount of radical Muslims world wide. (I found mixed results some said as little as 1% and some as high as 36%)

Let's just say that it is 2% that is radical that's 20 Million people. That want you and me Dead!

Ralph; that's 4 times the population of New Zeland.
Grant those are a lot or ridiculous assumptions.

By that logic couldn't you say that with over 150,000 documented violent deaths in iraq, and a staggering 62M Americans that voted for Bush in 2004 (basically a referendum on Iraq), that Americans are much much much more dangerous? I mean sure, 20M people, but they've managed to kill, what 11,000 Americans, assuming you include 9/11, Iraq, and Afghanistan? 0.00055 deaths per radical vs 0.0024 deaths per Bush voter. That makes Bush voters 5x more deadly on the world stage as "radical muslims."

The more you know....
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-18-2015, 4:41 PM Reply   
Islam is inherently extreme and violent. Mohammed was a warrior. Jesus was a carpenter. Islam preaches revenge. Christianity preaches forgiveness. Scale matters.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-18-2015, 4:45 PM Reply   
Christians haven't preached anything but hate and anti-abortion for decades. If Christians aren't inherently violent, then why do they want to go to war with Iran so badly??? That is such a B.S. argument GD. Facts don't support it all. The facts indicate that ALL religious people are inherently violent.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-18-2015, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Islam is inherently extreme and violent. Mohammed was a warrior. Jesus was a carpenter. Islam preaches revenge. Christianity preaches forgiveness. Scale matters.
Is the forgiveness only for christians tho? I mean... if that were REALLY true, why the Muslim hate? I mean this post is about detention of a high school student who built a clock. Who happens to be muslim. Where's the foregiveness in that? Would Jesus have locked this kid up?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-18-2015, 5:14 PM Reply   
There are stupid people in either religion in any country. But, the religions are not the same. Especially now.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-18-2015, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
There are stupid people in either religion in any country. But, the religions are not the same. Especially now.
I think that would be very hard to accept as a resident of kabul or bagdad. Or maybe it wouldn't. But "not the same" wouldn't break the way you think it does.

150000 dead in Iraq. Hard to reconcile that with a religion of forgiveness.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-18-2015, 8:41 PM Reply   
You are confused between religions and countries. Iraq was the biggest blunder for any US president in the history of the USA. Lowest upside move ever. You can't change crazy and GWB trierd to change crazy.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-18-2015, 9:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I think that would be very hard to accept as a resident of kabul or bagdad. Or maybe it wouldn't. But "not the same" wouldn't break the way you think it does.

150000 dead in Iraq. Hard to reconcile that with a religion of forgiveness.
Are you saying the wars in Iraq with the U.S. were based on religion?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-19-2015, 5:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Are you saying the wars in Iraq with the U.S. were based on religion?
Well, *I* am not saying it, but Bush (allegedly) told Jacques Chirac that.

“This confrontation,” Bush said, “is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a new age begins.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/polit...0-days-excerpt
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-19-2015, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Are you saying the wars in Iraq with the U.S. were based on religion?
Are you saying that Christians aren't Christians when it's time to start a war? Were Jesus's followers so afraid that Saddam was coming to get them that they deemed it reasonable to kill innocent people in a war? No it wasn't about religion. It makes more sense to say that Christian morals were completely absent during the decision to wage war.

GWB didn't try to change crazy, he was crazy. He unleashed an oppressed majority that was religiously aligned with Iran, right next to Iran, then proclaimed Iran to be the axis of evil. He eliminated the enemy of our enemy while effectively giving the former's nation to the latter.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-19-2015, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
“This confrontation,” Bush said, “is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a new age begins.”
My Pentecostal sister thought that her hero Bush was bringing on Armageddon and the second coming of Christ. She flipped when I called Bush an idiot and she told me I should read Revelation.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2015, 5:41 PM Reply   
please try "turning another cheek" to a gator or a great white shark.

"Turning another cheek" and forgiveness only works when you are dealing with another human.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-19-2015, 7:47 PM Reply   
They are human alright, that's the problem, we tend to have unlimited capacity to be cruel to each other.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2015, 10:47 PM Reply   
Imo. Bush believed he could "fix" them with liberty and democracy. A huge error.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2015, 10:51 PM Reply   
Imo the religions are very different while the humans are very similar. If Christianity was equalling extreme and negative towards life on earth, we would see evil on a scale similar to what we see from Islam.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-20-2015, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Imo the religions are very different while the humans are very similar. If Christianity was equalling extreme and negative towards life on earth, we would see evil on a scale similar to what we see from Islam.
like slavery and genocide? Think back just over the last two centuries at what Christians have done.

What is the particular evil you are referring to? I can only see the inherent evil of human nature. Or is it just that you see islam as a flat monoculture that overrides everything? Malcom X, Malala Yousafzai, and Bin Laden are one because of their religion?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2015, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Or is it just that you see islam as a flat monoculture that overrides everything? Malcom X, Malala Yousafzai, and Bin Laden are one because of their religion?
That's certainly what you imply with Christianity.

Christians and Navy SEALS have one thing in common..... Everyone claims to be one, but few really are.
Cultural Christianity does not meet the Biblical definition of what a real follower of Jesus Christ is/should be.
Lots of heinous acts have been perpetrated over time and their offenders use scripture for support by 'proof-texting' and moving their supporting text outside of the Biblical frame of reference.
It's convenient, seemingly damning and confusing for those who don't have the entire frame of reference to compare the offending claims. We're left with an unrealistic view of what scripture actually says and how Christs' followers are to behave leading to a grossly distorted view of true Biblically based Christianity.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-20-2015, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Are you saying that Christians aren't Christians when it's time to start a war? Were Jesus's followers so afraid that Saddam was coming to get them that they deemed it reasonable to kill innocent people in a war? No it wasn't about religion. It makes more sense to say that Christian morals were completely absent during the decision to wage war.

GWB didn't try to change crazy, he was crazy. He unleashed an oppressed majority that was religiously aligned with Iran, right next to Iran, then proclaimed Iran to be the axis of evil. He eliminated the enemy of our enemy while effectively giving the former's nation to the latter.

I asked a simple question looking for insight not claiming any religious affinity and you immediately attack Christians because that's what you have been programmed to do. Your assumptions demonstrate your ignorance and intolerance.

All religions have killed innocents at some point in history. A couple comments by Bush don't make a war on behalf of Christianity any more than Obamas repeated quotes "57 states", " my muslim faith", etc, etc make him a muslim now do they?

I usually respect your opinion on WW even if I don't always agree.

Last edited by Cabledog; 09-20-2015 at 7:56 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-21-2015, 5:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
That's certainly what you imply with Christianity.

Christians and Navy SEALS have one thing in common..... Everyone claims to be one, but few really are.
Cultural Christianity does not meet the Biblical definition of what a real follower of Jesus Christ is/should be.
Lots of heinous acts have been perpetrated over time and their offenders use scripture for support by 'proof-texting' and moving their supporting text outside of the Biblical frame of reference.
It's convenient, seemingly damning and confusing for those who don't have the entire frame of reference to compare the offending claims. We're left with an unrealistic view of what scripture actually says and how Christs' followers are to behave leading to a grossly distorted view of true Biblically based Christianity.
We are in agreement!

(as long as you agree that there are extremists in every culture who justify their abhorrent acts under the guise of religion)
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-21-2015, 5:55 AM Reply   
Everyone has gone over the extremists. But honestly what ever good has the muslim religion done?
How many homeless shelters or other outreach program have you seen from any mosque?
The only thing I have ever heard from the muslim religion is about hate and physical harm for those who don't believe. Where is the muslim Red-cross, Toys for Tot's, orphanages, etc...?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-21-2015, 6:14 AM Reply   
Cowboy, srsly have you never heard of the Red Crescent? Look it up dude, it's a real thing.

How about the fact that one in five residents of Lebanon is a refugee? Jordan has 2.5M refugees. Turkey has 1.5M refugees. You don't think that the neighboring countries are bearing the brunt of the humanitarian crisis in Syria? And it's just the poor white folks in germany?

You'd be right about the Saudis of course. But they are an ally, so we can't criticize them too much.

The fact that you haven't ever heard anything but bad stuff about islam probably has more to do with living in OK and your choice of news sources than anything else. I mean the reason Hezbollah was so successful in Lebanon was that they were the government -- providing schools hospitals and jobs to people without those things. And yeah, also preaching a lot of "death to israel." But how much good stuff about americans and born again christians do you think your average mecca resident hears? Probably mostly just incendiary translated quotes from Huckabee/Santorum/Trump.

But finally, so what if you are right and what muslims really believe is that physical harm should descend upon infidels? Would Jesus say "physical harm on me? No, physical harm on YOU!"??????

Last edited by shawndoggy; 09-21-2015 at 6:17 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-21-2015, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
I asked a simple question looking for insight not claiming any religious affinity and you immediately attack Christians because that's what you have been programmed to do. Your assumptions demonstrate your ignorance and intolerance.
Well if "programmed" means learn by observation, which pretty much means anything you know is programmed then I have to agree. Christians have programmed me to believe that they do not act according to the ideology of the man they profess to be their savior.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-21-2015, 8:16 AM Reply   
I friend of mine who lives in texas married a muslim and had to convert. His wife is very moderate and western. They don't go to mosque because it's to extreme (here in the USA in TX).

The Pope said it best before he retracted it...

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-21-2015, 8:45 AM Reply   
and the Pope is very unbiased and neutral on the subject of Christianity vs. Islam so you should definitely take his word on this ..... (that would be sarcasm at the same extreme level as your Christianity or a Jihading Islamic terrorist). The only difference between an extreme Christian and an extreme Islamic terrorist is that we have still not had a truly secular government since the founding fathers of the country left us. Christians still have a lot of non violent power here. I can guarantee that the moment Christians become a true minority in this country and we no longer bend to their will, they will start bombing and killing innocent people here in the USA in a similar fashion to what is happening in the Middle East. Religious extremists are religious extremists no matter which religion they choose as their poison. Religion and God have nothing to do with each other.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-22-2015, 10:15 AM Reply   
I had to laugh some of the comments that were below the news story on CBS newsfeed .
They updated the story apparently Mohammed's dad says that Mohammed is now not sleeping and is very distraught about the whole incident and the father has removed his child from that school and is going to take his son on a religious pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia and visit mecca Meanwhile other schools have offered to re enrol the student but the father says he will ask Alla what is best.

What made me laugh was one coment below the story said
"Make sure you bring Mohammed's homemade clock to the airport in sure the TSA will not over react"
LOL
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2015, 11:33 AM Reply   
The weird thing is when I was 14 I used to make bombs and blow them up in the vacant lot next to my house. Made my own gunpowder out of sulfur, saltpeter, and crushed up charcoal briquettes. Packaged in glass coke bottles and electrically ignited it with thin wire wrapped around match heads run back to a 12V battery.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-22-2015, 12:08 PM Reply   
^^^^...aaaah. learned obviously from your days as Bill Ayers' understudy. lol.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-22-2015, 5:21 PM Reply   
Looks like little Mohamad just got invited to the White House.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-22-2015, 8:38 PM Reply   
Different times for sure fly

Okay forget the kid's name and review what happened. Kid brings a homemade clock built inside a brief case to school concealed in a backpack. During class the alarm goes off and a teacher investigates it and finds.........a clock built inside a brief case concealed in a backpack. If your child was in this classroom or school wouldn't you want the teacher or principal to not look into it, regardless of what his name is?

Last edited by LYNRDSKYNRD; 09-22-2015 at 8:42 PM.
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-23-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
I am all for a teacher investigating a suspicious object and/or confiscating a distracting object - such as a clock that went off in the classroom. The problem I have is the administration knew it wasn't a threat while they blew this thing way out of proportion. When the school opened the briefcase (which was actually a miniature) and found there to be a digital clock screen, wires, a circuit. an AC cord and plug... but no explosives and therefore the school realized it was not a threat and thus did not call the bomb squad and/or evacuate the school. But then the administration continued to pretend there was a threat in the briefcase in order to punish the child. That is the moment the school lost my support. I can see confiscating the object and punishing the child for bringing distracting objects to school. However, the crime of bringing a distracting object to school never results in being questioned by the police, suspended, taken to juvenile detention, getting fingerprinted and questioned at the police station... The punishment for bringing a distracting object to school is usually detention or a letter home. However, this child, regardless of their name, was bullied by the administration and the police. And regardless of the child's name, that is not acceptable way to treat a child - especially one who is aspiring to be something great. No amount of fear mongering can make this response seem appropriate, even if the child's name was Satan's Little Helper...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2015, 9:02 AM Reply   
Here is a picture all the little Mohammed's homemade clock
Attached Images
 
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-23-2015, 1:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Chris View Post
I am all for a teacher investigating a suspicious object and/or confiscating a distracting object - such as a clock that went off in the classroom. The problem I have is the administration knew it wasn't a threat while they blew this thing way out of proportion. When the school opened the briefcase (which was actually a miniature) and found there to be a digital clock screen, wires, a circuit. an AC cord and plug... but no explosives and therefore the school realized it was not a threat and thus did not call the bomb squad and/or evacuate the school. But then the administration continued to pretend there was a threat in the briefcase in order to punish the child. That is the moment the school lost my support. I can see confiscating the object and punishing the child for bringing distracting objects to school. However, the crime of bringing a distracting object to school never results in being questioned by the police, suspended, taken to juvenile detention, getting fingerprinted and questioned at the police station... The punishment for bringing a distracting object to school is usually detention or a letter home. However, this child, regardless of their name, was bullied by the administration and the police. And regardless of the child's name, that is not acceptable way to treat a child - especially one who is aspiring to be something great. No amount of fear mongering can make this response seem appropriate, even if the child's name was Satan's Little Helper...

X2. No bomb squad yet arrest and questioning a 14 year old without their parents?! No evacuation of the other students means they in no way felt that they were in danger. That's is where this turned from fine to complete and utter BS
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2015, 2:40 PM Reply   
Ok for the sake of argument.

"No real threat" don't mean jack Example let's say he brought a "toy' or Fake AK-47 to school.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-23-2015, 7:55 PM Reply   
So essentially a water gun?

*with a water pump he made*

Or a carved wooden rifle he made to show his shop teacher?

Last edited by King12; 09-23-2015 at 7:58 PM.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-23-2015, 8:48 PM Reply   
King the only problem with your analogy is putting bullets in a water gun doesn't make it a gun its still harmless. What the kid brought to school just needs explosives to be a bomb.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-23-2015, 8:53 PM Reply   
Wow. Some of you guys are really trying so hard to justify the wrongful actions of the school and police department in this situation. How deep does your racism go Grant? I lost ALL respect for you Grant. It wasn't Middle Eastern people or Muslims who crashed plains into the towers on 9/11 any more than it was Christians who blew up the federal center in Oklahoma City or who founded the Ku Klux Klan. It was a group within the group. Why is this so hard to understand? Do you even wakeboard anymore Grant or do you just hobble around in your pontoon boat, making sausages, and telling the boarders to get off your lawn? Maybe you should move on to a racist geezers floating on pontoons website. This one is for people who enjoy wake sports.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2015, 10:07 PM Reply   
^^^^^
So If you happen to say what's a reality, it's labeled "Hate Speech" or Racism?

People are shot or killed for displaying toy guns all the time. You bring a toy bomb to school and wonder why people would over react?
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-24-2015, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD View Post
King the only problem with your analogy is putting bullets in a water gun doesn't make it a gun its still harmless. What the kid brought to school just needs explosives to be a bomb.
^^^could be said about ANYTHING! My phone only need explosives to be a bomb. My shoe only needs explosives to be a bomb. The toy water gun only needs explosives to be a bomb...
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-24-2015, 7:31 AM Reply   
Gosh you can be frustrating about things. I guess we should just ban all electronics ever right? Kids shouldn't be able to have anything that is run on batteries, wall power, magnetos, anything that is held with one hand, anything that is loud, anything that is square, anything that has strings because those could choke someone if wrapped around their neck. Oh wait that's exactly what you are complaining about your libtards wanting! My kid should be able bring a paintball gun for his senior prank but that pre pubescent brown kid should be patted down if he has a cell phone because he might call in an IED.

It was NOT A TOY BOMB.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-24-2015, 7:36 AM Reply   
Personally I think the group was too nice when they didn't lay the blame on the local police. If you're kid was arrested, jailed and questioned without your presence you are going to tell me they wouldn't have hell to pay?! Bull**** you would be all out ready to rock and roll of you found those cops
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-24-2015, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Chris View Post
^^^could be said about ANYTHING! My phone only need explosives to be a bomb. My shoe only needs explosives to be a bomb. The toy water gun only needs explosives to be a bomb...
Don't even think about wearing a vest.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-24-2015, 8:41 AM Reply   
TX you are correct about adding explosives to a slightly modified phone and you have a bomb because most of the components are there. A power source, and a switch to activate the initiator and the explosives. Just adding explosives to a shoe or a toy water gun, your hyperbolic examples, would not make them a bomb without other components to make it explode.

King if my kid took something to school that looked like that I would expect him to be questioned, and when I saw what it looked like I would ask him wth were you thinking. I would start by asking "what happened and what did my kid do....not what did you do to my kid"

There are a lot more facts to this case available if anyone cares to look into them, but I'm afraid no one cares we have come to a point where we would rather just be killed than to risk hurting someone's feelings.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-24-2015, 9:06 AM Reply   
Yea we are just gonna go around in circles so there is no point. Personally I have dealt with police that think they are Gods and have broken my rights and internal affairs did jack **** and they didn't get he slightest slap on the wrist. So I don't have any time for police that think they can do whatever they want.. and I can't say I don't stereotype so I'm going to be biased. But others have probably had good experiences.
I think everyone screwed up.
I think the adults should be held to a higher responsibility than a 14 year old.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-24-2015, 9:15 AM Reply   
"A child may not be left unattended in a juvenile processing office and is entitled to be accompanied by the child’s parent, guardian, or other custodian or by the child’s attorney"

This should be what matters.

Sent to office, Confiscated, detention, suspension that's what should have happened.

But no your rights only matter *sometimes*
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-24-2015, 9:21 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about your bad interaction with the police and I understand your bias given that situation.
I completely agree with you in that the adults have a higher responsibility than the kid. I believe their highest responsibility is the safety of the kids in the school and i think that's why they did what they did. So yeah round and round we go. We can disagree on how it should have been handled but its hard to make a definitive argument either way without all the facts.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-24-2015, 9:22 AM Reply   
Very true. I just think that if they safety of the students is what is most important they should have been taken the proper measures when it was thought to be possibly dangerous, everybody in the football field, gym that kind of thing.

Glad we can come to some middle ground!
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-24-2015, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD View Post
TX you are correct about adding explosives to a slightly modified phone and you have a bomb because most of the components are there. A power source, and a switch to activate the initiator and the explosives. Just adding explosives to a shoe or a toy water gun, your hyperbolic examples, would not make them a bomb without other components to make it explode.
That is a pretty good description of your typical Hollywood bomb. But in reality, many explosives are not stable and can explode in my shoe or toy gun without anything else.

Here are some examples:
Nitroglycerin (without the diotenatious earth treatment)
Nitrogen Tri-Iodide
Picric acid
Chlorine trifluoride
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2015, 12:25 PM Reply   
The Boston Marathon bombers used a crock pot pressure cooker to kill and cause terror. This was not the media or the government that caused this pannic it was these were Islamic extremists. The term "bedroom jihadist" people that are or have been radicalized via information they got off the Internet and the people around them had no idea. My point is every day items can be used for evil. And you don't know what someone's true intentions are until it could be too late.

In New York they practice the saying "if you see something say something"

Was this the case of racial profiling or did a teacher and or the authorities have a legitimate concern for the safety of others ?
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-24-2015, 12:26 PM Reply   
My point exactly. It looked like a typical Hollywood bomb which is what most people are familiar with, it didn't look so much like a harmless clock.
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-24-2015, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD View Post
My point exactly. It looked like a typical Hollywood bomb which is what most people are familiar with, it didn't look so much like a harmless clock.
If this "didn't look so much like a harmless clock" then why didn't his engineering teacher freak out when it was shown to him? Maybe because it *does* look like a harmless clock to anyone who knows anything about electronics?

If your point was, "It looked like a typical Hollywood bomb"... maybe you should say just that instead of, "What the kid brought to school just needs explosives to be a bomb." Those two statements aren't even remotely related...
Attached Images
 
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-24-2015, 1:21 PM Reply   
Actually those are both true and valid points. Its all good Chris, no worries man I'm not trying to change yours or any one else's opinion of what happened just giving my perspective as are you and the other responders.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-24-2015, 7:14 PM Reply   
This has nothing to do with racism or radical religious types, but I like how everyone makes a big deal saying this kid made a clock. He didn't make a clock. He took apart a clock (probably made in China by child slave labor), screwed the display on the inside of a case, and threw the rest of the guts in the bottom of the case. My kid has turds that take more thought than that did.

P.S. - it looks like a bomb
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2015, 8:25 PM Reply   
As more info comes to light. Check out this video. Texas police chief says teachers asked what the device was and what his intention was and little Mohamad would only say "it was a clock" sounds like little Mohamad escalated the situation by not being forth coming and causing authority's to go into CYA mode. They said they orignaly arrested him for making a Hoax Bomb! Because he would not go into detail what the device was. So funny how so many are so quick to pull out the "Racism Card" sounds like it had NOTHING with race but more to do with little Mohamad not cooperating with a investigation. My guess is this (he had orignaly no bad intentions but when people questioned him and "he thought" he might be being profiled or was being judged he went in to "silent mode" as a way of saying F you ) that's when this went from a simple misunderstanding to calling the cops and becoming headline news. IMO this could have totally been prevented on little Mohammad's part.


http://youtu.be/Mn2JtbA7enY
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-24-2015, 9:26 PM Reply   
It was a clock. What was he supposed to say? Should he have said it was a banana. Listen to yourself Grant. You are a racist. Nothing you said changes the fact that you are a racist. Now go back to being a racist.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-25-2015, 5:56 AM Reply   
It just bothers me so much listening to you tell me my great friend and past roommate who is a Muslim is just going to be turned radical and try to blow me up any day now like he can't think for himself. His whole family was so accommodating, so excited when they moved him into college. His dad worked so hard when he moved here from Pakistan, he payed for his own child's college. He was a computer science and robotics major too, guess all those things he built where all bombs? No. They weren't. I'm sorry that you think all Muslims will either blow people or be convinced they should do so by some crap they see online. It's incredibly demeaning they are humans, many are incredibly smart, many are treated terribly, asked as children why they want to kill their classmates parents, or hurt them. Unreal.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-25-2015, 6:00 AM Reply   
For the record, he said long ago it was just a disassembled clock in a different housing. He said it took like 20 minutes, no biggie.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-25-2015, 7:03 AM Reply   
If it was just a disassembled clock in a new housing, why bring it to school? There no innovation or engineering brilliance here to show a teacher even for a 14 year old. In my opinion it was meant to get a reaction and it did. Was the reaction completely appropriate? It's like saying bomb on an airplane. Just not a good idea. Those involved could learn from it and hopefully make better initial decisions and better responsive decisions.

But this is America, why learn from it when we can inject race, religion and lawyers instead....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-25-2015, 7:40 AM Reply   
Ok let's look at what went down.
Mohamad takes apart a RadioShack clock and installs it inside a briefcase. A school official questions him about the item because it looks "suspect"
Another school official questions the student and based on the kids additude and answers they decide to take it more serious and call the police.
When police arrive and question him about the device and what his intentions were with it The Students only answer or statement to the police is "it's a clock"

Can you see how little Mohammad's additude escalated this situation from Mole Hill to Mountain. IMO Mohamad could have explained away the device and this would be a non issue. But because Mohamad felt he was being judged or racial profiled he decided to not comply with the police when they questioned him and that's when the train official left the tracks He was cuffed and the school then charged him with bringing a Hoax Bomb to school. With a 3 day suspension!
The media gets a hold of it and the race card starts getting pulled out!
IMO the same thing would have happened to this kid if he was Black White Yellow or Red. This IMO was a pissing contest between a STUDENT and a SCHOOL.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-25-2015, 7:43 AM Reply   
But I do appreciate the race card people that have come out of the wood work in this thread. Please contact Al Sharpton he needs more people like you.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-25-2015, 7:56 AM Reply   
^^^agreed
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2015, 8:40 AM Reply   
Religion isn't a race. But there are plenty of people who will judge on it. One of my right wing Jesus loving FB friends recently posted her happiness about 100's of people killed in that stampede in Saudi Arabia. I sarcastically posted that "Jesus is rejoicing". They were too dumb to know it was sarcasm and liked it. She even managed to somehow put "clock boy" in the same post.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-25-2015, 9:57 AM Reply   
I guess I'll be done after saying it one more time. Kid was at "fault" because we have to be more careful in today's world with what we bring to school. Suspension, fine whatever. (Personally, I think the engineering teacher should have said, hey cool! Did you enjoy disassembling it? We should try to build one one day etc. how about you leave it with me until the end of the day because lots of people won't know what it is and might get scared because of how movies portray bombs blah blah).

But.

When police break his rights to have someone else with him that's it. It's over. I don't care if he's being stubborn.. No **** he is 14?! Most 14 year olds are little dbags especially when they get in trouble, and even more so when they think hey are in trouble for something they didn't do.. Which again.. Is always to a 14 year old lol.

But that's it, it's not okay to do that. Ever. Illegal interrogations are a huge issue in this country and somehow no one gives a flying crap about them much less to a minor?! I just can't wrap my head around it.

On the race comment
Muslim has become a religion/race card. Brown = bad. = Muslim = if not terrorist now could become one at any second because they can't think like Grant explained earlier.

TLDR: 14 year old does something kinda stupid (gasp) > police disregard citizens rights (gasp again) > it's okay because rights only matter if they are "mine"(yours)
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-30-2015, 5:48 PM Reply   
If authorities or the administration thought this was potentially a bomb and hazard to other students;

How come the school was not evacuated?

How come the bomb squad was not called?

How come the boy and the "bomb" were kept in the same room?

Anyone that contends that this had nothing to do with his religion is only kidding themselves.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-30-2015, 7:02 PM Reply   
Wake; IMO this was a pissing contest between the kid and the school.

I agree with your statements above. Whenyiusaid the school knew it was not a bomb . In fact I guess The school Pretty quickly figured out that it was not a real bomb but because the kid was not cooperating (for what ever reason) "he took the 5th" and would only say "it's a clock" when the school and the cops started questioning him. The school made a example out of him.

They suspended him for 3 days for "binging a Hoax bomb" to school.

I'm pretty sure the school would have done the same to who ever regardless of their religion or color
If The student acted the way he did. Just my 2c

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:07 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us