Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-07-2015, 12:03 PM Reply   
I am curious if I was to narrow down a straight wake comparison to an older 05-06 LSV (loaded of course) and any of the newer (presumably better) hulls , what would be the best/better wake in terms of size besides the G23? Similar in shape and stability but bigger.

Are the newer boats wake in general bigger and better that the greatest of the last generation?
ie. SA bigger? A24 that much bigger? I would like to narrow down to 3 before I decide to go look at boats so that I don't spend a ton of evaluation time running all over testing boats.

Direct comparisons would be preferable.
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-08-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
Gene go put about 5000# in the new LSV and you won't need to look at any other boats
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-08-2015, 7:06 PM Reply   
Why 'besides the G23'? That's hands-down the best wakeboard wake out there.

I went from an 06 LSV to a G.. it's a whole different ballgame. The LSV started getting good with stock+wedge+1500.. 2500 was better.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-09-2015, 1:15 AM Reply   
Mark, I don't have unlimited funds I am willing to put towards a boat I only ride maybe 30 or 40 times a year. (this year only about 10 times )
I am just curious how it actually stacks up to the old LSV.
Tony, maybe you could give me an invite to check it out. ����
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-09-2015, 12:22 PM Reply   
you can make a great wake with that era LSV.. just add weight.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-09-2015, 6:34 PM Reply   
Yep. I ran an 02VLX with 2500 pounds plus wedge. It was nice. Then ran an 07 LSV with almost 5000 pounds. That wake was the most consistent wakes I've ever ridden. Not the biggest. But was always there. 5000 pounds was a pain to drive but was when the wake got really meaty!
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-10-2015, 4:25 AM Reply   
We've got an 05 vlx and ride behind a friends g23 every week as well. Basically what I've noticed is our boat with full ballast (4500lbs) is about the same size as a g23 with about 2000lbs. once you get a g to full ballast and beyond the wake gets way bigger than anything the older boats can compete with, mainly due to the g sitting so high out of the water and horsepower.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-10-2015, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzz View Post
We've got an 05 vlx and ride behind a friends g23 every week as well. Basically what I've noticed is our boat with full ballast (4500lbs) is about the same size as a g23 with about 2000lbs. once you get a g to full ballast and beyond the wake gets way bigger than anything the older boats can compete with, mainly due to the g sitting so high out of the water and horsepower.
The math here makes sense. My G is roughly 1500lbs heavier than my LSV was.. so with NO ballast, the wake is roughly similar to the LSV with stock ballast (size, not shape). Of course, there's that 3k under the floor, which is nice. One of the things that pushed me to the G over other boats (including MC) was that I didn't need to eat up storage with extra ballast. Even the flagship Xstar had to use plug & play ballast bags in the storage compartments.. not the G!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-10-2015, 11:09 AM Reply   
THAT is what I was looking for Shawn! Only It would be nice if the comparison was a 23 LSV from that era.
So they are comparable. You just have to slam the older boat with a little more weight it sounds like.
Sounds like I just need a bigger engine. lol
I have the 1235 prop but there is supposed to be one that is just a little better. Does anyone remember the only prop that is a little more aggressive than the ACME 1235?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-10-2015, 11:15 AM Reply   
acme 2315, 2419; OJ 945
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-12-2015, 7:16 PM Reply   
2315 ^^
Old     (huskey1987)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-14-2015, 12:51 PM Reply   
One more for the 2315. 08 LSV running 3500lbs + powerwedge. 2315 is a huge upgrade from the 1235
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2015, 8:19 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Just ordered it.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2015, 8:26 AM Reply   
BTW, rode a 2015 23LSV loaded to the gills this weekend. Damn. It is huge. A good 5 to 7 inches taller than my old 23 LSV and can get that straight up pop with the power wedge which I found out was a little more than I needed 3 clicks up.
Took awhile to get used to but I have to say that I find it hard to believe that the G23 is that much bigger if at all.
Brian, the guy I rode with, said they are about the same size when the 23LSV is loaded with extra weight. I believe him.
Thanks for the pull Brian!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-17-2015, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene3x View Post
BTW, rode a 2015 23LSV loaded to the gills this weekend. Damn. It is huge. A good 5 to 7 inches taller than my old 23 LSV and can get that straight up pop with the power wedge which I found out was a little more than I needed 3 clicks up.
Took awhile to get used to but I have to say that I find it hard to believe that the G23 is that much bigger if at all.
Brian, the guy I rode with, said they are about the same size when the 23LSV is loaded with extra weight. I believe him.
Thanks for the pull Brian!
The G may not be much bigger.. but the G can do it stock - and still have room for all your gear, boards, vests, bags, drinks and who knows what else.. I can fit 3 boards, 2 surfboards and all my vests - in ONE back locker.. There is simply no other boat that can claim the wake that it throws without adding lots of extra bags and eating up storage.. and it already has more storage than anything else out there.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-17-2015, 12:35 PM Reply   
I'll agree with Mark in this.

When we first rode the G, from the boat, ya it looked good but it didn't look "that" much bigger or better. Being behind the boat was a different story. The wake was much bigger/better than anything else I've ridden. It actually looks different when you cut into it compared to other boats, so big and clean too. It didn't make me us better riders but wow was it fun!

There is no question it's the wake by which all other wakes are measured.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-18-2015, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator View Post
The G may not be much bigger.. but the G can do it stock - and still have room for all your gear, boards, vests, bags, drinks and who knows what else.. I can fit 3 boards, 2 surfboards and all my vests - in ONE back locker.. There is simply no other boat that can claim the wake that it throws without adding lots of extra bags and eating up storage.. and it already has more storage than anything else out there.
What Gene is referencing from Brian's boat is not a stock LSV wake compared to a stock G wake. The stock G wake is much smaller than loaded LSV wake, and the loaded G wake is just a bit larger than LSV. I have ridden the same boat and it's very impressive. Picture really does not do it justice until you pull in on this thing.
Attached Images
  

Last edited by FunkyBunch; 08-18-2015 at 8:30 AM.
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-18-2015, 9:01 AM Reply   
[IMG][/IMG]

Better shot of the loaded LSV wake...same boat as above

Last edited by T_A; 08-18-2015 at 9:03 AM.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2015, 9:47 AM Reply   
The biggest difference between the new boats and the older boats is horsepower and toque. The new motors let you run more weight.

Most of the older malibus are still very much relevant.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:56 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us