Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-11-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
my parents want me to get a motive(cuz my parents are cheap) but i want to get a better board like a state. is it worth the extra money to purchase the state over the motive? thanks
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-11-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
i tried the state 135 and i didn't like it much...it was slow in the water and the toeside cut wasn't consistent at all....i have a motive and absolutly love it....motive yes...state no...
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-12-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
You may want to demo the boards before you buy. The Motive may work better for you. My son rides a Motive (I must be cheap) and he loves his. The price isn't the only factor of quality and what's best for you.

You could also take some money out of your paycheck or allowance and make up the difference for the State.

Must be tough to have parents that WANT to buy you a board, but you call them cheap. Appreciation at it finest.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
Well said Greg.......!

ps - the Motive is a fine board my wife rides on and I'm going to get one for my 6 year old son.. I dont think he will complain...

E
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-12-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
The State won't ride any different. Water won't react to subtle changes like snow will. Save the money, get the Motive. If you're planning on spending the extra dough, go with the Pure pkg from CWB. It's basically an Absolute. Awesome board.
Old    alaskaboy            06-13-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
How good are you? It's not the board that dictates your riding it's your skill. I had a old Vero board when I started riding and kept saying if I had a ...... I would be better. Well one day a friend came riding that was really good and could whatever he wanted with it.
Old    dusty            06-13-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
Definitely demo your new board, unlike what I did last year. Unlike the other chaps on this thread, I hated my Motive, plus it broke on me which was a major bummer. Haven't ridden the state, but I would like to...

Old    supertahoe27            06-13-2005, 11:14 PM Reply   
I have ridden the State and loved it. The subtle 3 stage really worked well. I just sold my old vero (which I loved) and it was a nice change from my continuous. So what if you have to spend the money to demo the boards it will be worth it in the long run, just make sure you give them both an equal chance, dont base your opinion on $.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-14-2005, 5:08 AM Reply   
I ride the state, I love it. Demo the two if you can.
Matt, did you ride it backwards or something?
Old    river_rider_19            06-14-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
I ride the state and i like it so far but i have never rode the motive also i dont mean to get off topic but im 110 pounds and want to have the board for a while should i get the 130 or 135
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-14-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
130 State Up to 155 lbs.

135 State 145 lbs. and up

from Hyperlite's website