Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-29-2011, 7:23 AM Reply   
If someone who just got back into watersports and wakeboarding after 9 yrs away, 30 yrs old now, has the basics of heelside w2w jumps down and thats really it, how many days would you recommend that they book at the boarding school or wakeboard camp? A full 5 days or will 3 days work? Challenge of burning vacation days at work. Would like to get as much out of it as he can.

Im sure hes going to need to be stripped of his bad habits as I dont think he ever had anyones knowledge to go off of. Thanks for ur input!
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2011, 1:11 PM Reply   
The full camp of 5 days is definitely the way to go if you are physically prepared to ride 14 sets in a week. There's only so much one can do to prepare for the demands of being pulled behind a boat, but a 30 yo in good general condition who knows to take a break when the coaches suggest it should do fine.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       06-29-2011, 1:59 PM Reply   
The 5 days is the way to go. Make sure you do some P90x or something for about a month before going as you will get tired.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-29-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
I was 48 years old my first trip to the wakeboard camp.I did 5 days and i would imagine a young man could do the same.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-29-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
Doin two or more sets a day is killer on the body. I went to the wakeboard camp about 5 years ago and I could barely move after a couple of days. You may just want to do 3 days unless you start conditioning for the beating you'd endure.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-29-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
I'd say know your body, because I don't know what it feels like to be 30 years old, but be a little optimistic. Two sets a day sounds like very little to me. If you prepare yourself a little bit before hand, you'll probably have no problem going all 5 days.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-29-2011, 5:09 PM Reply   
The only thing that made it hard for me was all the diggers i took trying to learn the backroll.Both camps will access you at the start and pace you as necessary.You have to ask to be beaten to death for them to let it happen,they want you to come back.Also don't set your goals too high.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-04-2011, 9:50 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the input guys...after talking to Travis at TBS he says people get alot out of 3 days even and since Im so close can always come over for another day or 2. Just dont want to burn a good chunk of vacation time from work but still want to get good results.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-05-2011, 6:49 AM Reply   
Those guys will give you as many sets as you can handle in a day. You will learn a ton and have a great time. When I went they kept the sets short so you did not tire out and keep going. After everyone did two they asked if anyone wanted more. All the guys are great you will have a blast. Once your spent there you can hit any of the cable parks in the area. Come down to Tampa and hit McCormicks up. I could not imagine lasting 5 days but I am 40.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-05-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Those guys will give you as many sets as you can handle in a day. You will learn a ton and have a great time. When I went they kept the sets short so you did not tire out and keep going. After everyone did two they asked if anyone wanted more. All the guys are great you will have a blast. Once your spent there you can hit any of the cable parks in the area. Come down to Tampa and hit McCormicks up. I could not imagine lasting 5 days but I am 40.
I actually am in Tampa have been to McCormicks mainly during the winter mos.