Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
What is your preferred brand? I like the Pro Tec's but don't know the differences in all their models. The 2 Face looks cool but I wasn't sure if that strap around the back of your head would be annoying. How does it differ from the Ace and B2? Thanks.
http://pro-tec.net/water/helmets_overall.html
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
Shred Ready super scrappy.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-20-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
IMO B2 and Classic Skate (both with the skate pads not the wake pads) are the best. They fit on your head really well and are simple and clean, timeless if you will.
I've had a B2 Skate for 3 years now and its still good as new.
Had an Ace wake before that and it was good a first but the pads just became a pain in the backside, started slipping around all over my head.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-20-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
http://shredready.com/products/index.html

Enough Said. Super Scrappy's where its at for sure.
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
Shred Ready super scrappy x3
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-20-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
I'm a fan of Bern helmets. Comfy and very well built.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
Those that like the Super Scrappys...why do you like them over say a Pro Tec or other brands?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-20-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
#1 is the cool factor, IMO they look so much better than any other helmet on the market its really not even close... plus the little ratcheting system in back makes that sucker fit like a glove. A lid with only a chin strap flops around like crazy... I've never had to adjust my SS while riding, stays exactly where its supposed to.

I have been riding my SS for about 3 years now, and have never had a problem with it. About 6 months ago I met the owner of SR at a rail jam I was MCing and we started hanging out. Tom Sherburne is a rad dude and has really gotten on board with me about pushing the local scene. But like I said, my dedication to SR was formed long before Tom and I became friends because of the quality of the product.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Luker. I guess that was my question. How many liked it because it was a good quality helmet over just the "cool" factor. It sounds like a good product though. So they have one size and then ship you 3 different inner pieces??
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
"Those that like the Super Scrappys...why do you like them over say a Pro Tec or other brands?"

For me its all about the fit/comfort and the quality.
Shred ready wins in a 3 categories for me.

I have Bern as well as SR and they are ok, but not up to par with SR, IMO.

We also used to be a Pro Tec dealer, but switched to SR, for the reasons above.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Jeff - Do you have any 2009's on sale now? That carbon black one looks sick!

(Message edited by eubanks01 on October 20, 2009)
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-20-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
The HOG Lock on my old discontinued Shred Ready helmet broke on me. They don't sell my helmet anymore, but the did send me a new Super Scrappy for free though! Great Customer Service!
Old     (shredred)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-20-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
hey all thanks for all the good words.
2009 models will be in next three weeks.

and our new web site will be launching in the next couple weeks with all our new stuff.

hit me up if you have questions.

tom
shred ready
tom at shred ready
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
Eubanks we are sold out of 09's, but will have many many SR helmets at the Cable.

We will have the Super Scrappy and the industrial in our rental dept.
So Eubanks, if you want to come out to the park, when we get open and ride in both to see what you like, you are more then welcome to do that.

Haha Tom is in the house, you are coming out in Nov correct? I want to see you hit your kicker ramp, when you come out!!

(Message edited by innov8 on October 20, 2009)
Old     (shredred)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-20-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
most likely will hit with my head!

trying to figure it out for Nov.
Old     (shredred)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-20-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
btw: the two face is pro tecs answer for our super scrappy helmet....for what that is worth.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
I noticed that as well Tom.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-20-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
The SS helmet looks good exept for that bill and the fact it has no vents. That bill is going to grab the water and jerk your head no? I can see some major neck strains going on there. Am I off base here?
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-21-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
"That bill is going to grab the water and jerk your head no? I can see some major neck strains going on there. Am I off base here?"

You can flip the HOG system to the front and wear it backwards if you want.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-21-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
Never had the bill grab water and strain my neck and I have been riding a SR for many years, as well as many riders we ride with.

SR offers Helmets with no bills as well, but I have never had any problems with the SS.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-21-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
Thanks. I'll have to try one then...