Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    tkdhav            08-27-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
I'm looking for someone to ride with in Florida, I'm in Venice but am willing to travel. A sales man at Watersports West told me that there are several wakeboarders around the Saint Petersburg area!

Where are you all?

Old    peaceloveboard            08-27-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
Hello,

I recently moved to the Fort Myers area and I am also looking for people to go wakeboarding with. I do not have a boat, but I would chip in for gas money to have an opportunity to go riding. Also, I don't have my board with me here, so I would need to borrow someone else's if they would let me.

Also, I am wondering if someone here could provide me with information about the watersports complex in Orlando. I have never wakeboarded using the cables, and I don't know the similarities/differences between cable parks and riding behind a boat. I thought that using the cable park might help me to practice and learn new skills if I don't have an opportunity to ride behind a boat. Any input you would have for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-27-2004, 7:03 PM Reply   
Scott---
I live right in St.Petersburg and Watersports West is the onyl shop I go to.... did you talk to Steve or John.... They all know me there so tell them you talked to me on Wakeworld... about riding... Im getting our boat serviced right now then I think were sellin it and getting something liek a mobius. So im riding with friends right now but when I get my boat ill take ya 4 sure... do you have a boat?? What can you do??

Mike--
Cables can deffienetly help your skill but its really different.... at all the corners you need to be ready cuz you get a big jerk at every corner. www.orlandowatersports.com tahts there website check it out. Going from cable back to boat also sucks cuz u feel like the rope is level with the water but you get over it.

I had just bought a barefoot nautique taht I thought I would be ridnig behind by now but we were trying to get it to through a wake and its just not happening... The wake at 20mph is all white wash on atleast one side if not both so Im trying to talk my dad into selling 2 of our boats and getting something newer liek a v-drive

ChrIS
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-27-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
Mike, anything you want to know about the cable at OWC I can tell you. I practically live there. Skills you learn on the cable will transfer to the boat. Also you can rent rides behind a new SAN for $30 per 1/2 hour. The cable is good for working on your edge control and practicing sliders. Plus you can ride your brains out as the wait in line is generally small.
Old    tkdhav            08-28-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
Thanks Cris,
I do have a boat but I have not broght it down yet, I have to go back to Michigan next month and I will then bring It back I think. so if any of you want to go with me when my boats hear I'm game!
untill then I sure would like to find someone to go with and am willing to pitch in for gas.
the guy I talked to at Watersports West was John, he seemed pretty cool.

Mike, I'm in Venice and when I get my boat we can get together and I have an extra board that I lend out, sorry dont let most people ride my new board.

I hope some one can show me the places to go boarding at I have seen alot of glass down hear but I dont want to just jump in the water anywhere and get my ass bit off
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-28-2004, 5:44 PM Reply   
Destin Florida
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-28-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
Scott-- Ill deffinetly go with you when you get that boat back and hopefully I can find a cheap mobius in the meantime.... John is really cool at Watersports west and he is really nice... he can tell youh about anything there is to know... Im over by treasure island and tere is a few good spots here in Salt water taht our great and you can go to lake seminole/tarpon if you want fresh water

Also... what the heck are you doing down here and ur boat way up in michigan... that would kill me to look at water everyday and know that my boat is just sittin there in michegan.... guess thats why u started this thread! lol

ttyl,
Chris
Old    tkdhav            08-29-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
I'm in construction and came down to help with the damage, so I had to bring down my job trailer.