Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    bubblefunk            02-09-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
Hey I was thinking about going down to OWC on my spring break and I was wondering how busy OWC is in March.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-10-2005, 6:54 AM Reply   
It's hardly ever too busy. Even spring break shouldn't be that bad. OWC has two cables, so a lot of the riders are neophytes that ride the slower cable. It keeps the wait time down.
Old    bubblefunk            02-10-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Fly - thanks man but what's the speed difference between the two cables and can you hit sliders on both?
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-10-2005, 5:04 PM Reply   
there was a jump ramp on the one cable but i think thats it
Old     (waken23v)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-10-2005, 11:59 PM Reply   
It is a lot of fun. http://www.orlandowatersports.com
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-11-2005, 8:23 AM Reply   
Bubblefunk, the longer cable is run at about 17-18mph and has one small ramp. The shorter cable is run at 20mph and is packed full of sliders and ramps. You should bring a helmet with you or I believe they rent for $5 a day. There is a Sports Authority nearby and you can get a cheapo skateboard helmet as well.
Old    sbvfive            02-11-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
John, hello! Haven't seen you in awhile....I just went by Odub on Thursday, the new funbox is pretty gnary. Hope to see you there soon....Bubblefunk, in case you can't tell, in March, john and I will most likely be the only other people there with you, hahaha
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-12-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
Hey Scott, I've only been out there once since they reopened. It was pretty cold and I only rode for less than an hour, but the new slider is definitely gonna keep me busy working on it. I keep getting pulled off onto the ramp at the bottom of the swoop. I'll probably be out there Sunday and work on it some more. I need to cut a little harder into it and get some weight out on the right edge.

Weekdays are pretty much out for me until daylight saving time comes back. See ya out there soon. Bubblefunk, when you come to Odub just look for the old guy. That will be me.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-12-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, for all those who haven't visited Odub's web site, her eis the new slider...

Old    bubblefunk            02-13-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
Thanks yo for all the info.... Jon sounds like you are pretty hard core at OWC. That slider looks tight. Oh yeah I was looking on their website and I thought they said something about all the sliders being setup for switch riders is that true? I am pretty sure the KC cable park it setup that way too.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-14-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
Bubblefunk, I probably ride there over a 100 times a year. The sliders are equally distributed for goofy and regular riders. The wave slider here is on the right, but there is a big A-Frame on the left side as well. Also on the left side is a table and a kicker.

Cables themselves are suited best for goofy riders because of the counter-clockwise rotation. If you want to perform air tricks like rolls and raleys they are much easier goofy.
Old    bubblefunk            02-17-2005, 6:00 AM Reply   
John, Hey that is cool that they have it set up for both styles but oh well about the direction. I need to work on my switch and toeside riding anyways. Well hope I see ya down there. I still don't have tickets but I'm trying to figure it all out.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-17-2005, 6:12 AM Reply   
Bubblefunk, I'm there pretty regularly. During the week its pretty quite, but I have no idea what it would be like when it gets warmer.
Old    bubblefunk            02-19-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
Nice, I just got a sweet deal on plane tickets for like $150 so I think I'm gonna be there for sure march 4-8 or longer so hopefully I'll run into you guys.. I'll be the one wiping out all the time..
Old    atom_ant            02-23-2005, 1:03 AM Reply   
It's picking up now. The past two days have been warm and a lot of people have come out, but it's still not too crowded.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-23-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
I was out Monday afternoon and the weather was great. Probably 80 degrees and the water is starting to warm up. I tried a couple of switch toeside backrolls off the end of the curve box, but got smacked down both times. Hopefully I will get it this weekend. I'll definitely be out there on the weekend of the 5/6th.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-23-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
How close is it to Orlando. Im going down to Disney for a family holiday and I wouldnt mind taking a day for myself (let the wife and kids hit the rides) and hit OWC
Old    sbvfive            02-23-2005, 10:31 PM Reply   
Chris, it is in Orlando. Maybe 20 miniutes or so from Disney area. It is defenitely worth it
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-24-2005, 6:32 AM Reply   
Chris, when you leave the Orlando International Airport if you go west on highway 528 it's only a few miles and you can see OWC from the highway.
Old    dick            03-16-2005, 11:47 PM Reply   
i just got back from there and i went during the red bull thing and all the top pros were there and when i was going around i almost ran into parks bonifay in the water hahaha. whenever you go nomatter how busy it is its never gonna take long to get to ride, 5 minuts tops.