Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    bross            03-13-2004, 10:56 PM Reply   
I don't know about everyone else's Wakeboard shops, but where I live, the Temet 138.1 (non DNA) is a pale purple color. In catalogs and on the web the board is blue. So what's up with the ugly purple color? Is it just my board shop or did Shaun want it a pale purple color and the pictures are wrong?
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       03-13-2004, 11:09 PM Reply   
One at my local shop is purple as well. But like you said all the pictures I have seen of it, it is blue. Maybe they did it this way so people will buy the DNA, cause I really like the look of that board.
Old    johan            03-14-2004, 6:05 AM Reply   
One that I saw was also pale purple, definitely not like the blue in the pics. On Hyperlites website when you check out the temet in 3D the board is/looks black.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       03-14-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
does it look crappy? any pictures of the real color?
Old    johan            03-14-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
The blue in the pics looks much better than the one I saw IMO. I would have been disappointed if I had ordered it and expecting the blue. Too bad it doesn't come in black as on Hyperlites website. It does not look crappy, just not as good as in the pics. One thing that is nice about the Temets is that they are in a metal flake paint which doesn't show in the pics.
Old    bross            03-15-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
No one has seen a real blue board? That sucks. Hyperlite needs to step up and provide an explination. Peace
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-15-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   

Is this what You mean?
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       03-15-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
hey john, how do you like the board, im interested in gettin one?
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-15-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
Ryan,
I wish I had an answer for You, Between work and the wind and rain (mostly work) I have not ridden it yet. I have had it science November and have not gotten it wet yet. So sad. With ant luck it will be on My feet this weekend. The Sanger has dead Batteries and no fuel. I have some serious problems that will be fixed by the weekend! My limited riding skill may not be a good reference point for You, but hopefully I will be able to report soon. My advice is DEMO!
John
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-15-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
Ryan,
I wish I had an answer for You, Between work and the wind and rain (mostly work) I have not ridden it yet. I have had it science November and have not gotten it wet yet. So sad. With any luck it will be on My feet this weekend. The Sanger has dead Batteries and no fuel. I have some serious problems that will be fixed by the weekend! My limited riding skill may not be a good reference point for You, but hopefully I will be able to report soon. My advice is DEMO!
John
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-16-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
I just picked one up the other month it is also purple.

I like the board, but have only been out on it a few times this year. I found it a bit loose my first time out and it took a couple of runs to find the correct binding placement for me. For what it's worth, I haven't riden in almost two years due to a back injury, so I'm sure I'm just rusty.

SFH
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       03-16-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
i wish i could demo, but the only place that sells wakeboards around me is a ski and bike shop that just has a few hyperlites in stock, and they dont demo. i wish i had a good shop around me.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-17-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
I've ridden it- It is a great board- If you like a belmont then you will like this board. It is very similar IMO. very predictable pop and it is quick also.

alex
Old    johan            03-17-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
I believe Hyperlite did this last year on the 2003 Byerly DNA. In the catalogue pics the boards looks really cool with some glossy almost carbonfibre look, but when seen in the shops they were just plain black(142) and red(137) not anywhere near the pics. I was told that the boards featured in the pics were a limited edition with a "special reflective graphics"... which wasen't mentioned in the catalogue.