Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-12-2017, 8:07 AM Reply   
Been waiting on getting a new sports car and put a deposit down 3 years ago for a manual 991.2 gt3 rumors were PCAR was going to make one this year and they did. Now i placed the allocation 2 weeks ago and cant get my mind off the car, its a jan or feb delivery. So boating has been pushed to the back of my mind.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-12-2017, 10:04 AM Reply   
Sweeeeeeet car. I would be excited too!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-13-2017, 9:35 AM Reply   
fellow car guy....I couldn't do it. lol. I admire your patience. Other than price, that's the main reason I buy my sports cars used. Couldn't handle the wait. the 3-5 day shipping on the out of state buys I've done is long enough. My last one I just waited untill I found local. I've found very little sacrifce off my want list on used car vs new as well.

Congrats on the new ride! post pics!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-13-2017, 11:54 AM Reply   
I love cars but I love a lot of other things more that consume my money. Here's a picture of my baby. Just had some paint redone and wheels freshened up. Thinking about selling her to get a jeep and a quad for my cabin. There's a serious tug a war going on in my head right now.
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-13-2017, 11:56 AM Reply   
My boss just put a deposit on this.
Attached Images

Old     (ctpj)      Join Date: Feb 2017       10-13-2017, 5:20 PM Reply   
Absolutely! Hers & his

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-14-2017, 10:23 AM Reply   
I really did not think i would get an allocation, so the 3 year wait was not so bad, but the 3 month wait is killing me. I have never bought a new sports car, but this is "the one" i really wanted. Will be a great spring in the Smokies this up coming year.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-14-2017, 8:35 PM Reply   
The GT3 will be a lot of fun.

I’m really tempted to get the Mission E - did they give your boss an actually date? If it was coming in 2018 I’d get it for sure.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-15-2017, 8:00 AM Reply   
Go for it Doug !!

that Porsche is sweet

here's my toy
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-15-2017, 10:20 AM Reply   
Jrod You have any more details on your Boss’s Porsche that thing looks awesome. I have seen a few car that are going after Tesla, I think that’s great. Sorry to say but Gas powerd cars no longer have my interest. I hate to cast shade but what I used to think was cool like a nice lambo, I now look at like it’s a glorified corvette,

Hey remember the movie The Last Chase, Lee Major in a Porsche 917 great flick 1981!

https://youtu.be/ASCmH1HdG6g
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-15-2017, 2:11 PM Reply   
I will come in end of december this year. I will shoot pictures, but manual, Gaurds red, not a stripper but not loaded, kinda in the middle I am not a big fam of the carbon add on stuff, and ceramic brakes are bunk for the track so that saved 10k.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-15-2017, 2:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Go for it Doug !!

that Porsche is sweet

here's my toy
That zl1 is a no joke, bad ass car! Chevy is not messing around with the corvette and camero offering
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-16-2017, 6:58 AM Reply   
I love cars, probably to a fault ... starting to run out of room for them:

The '27 project :

'70 Electra 225 hand-me-down from my Grandmother:

The '29 Project:

My wife and my daily driver(s):

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-16-2017, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
The GT3 will be a lot of fun.

I’m really tempted to get the Mission E - did they give your boss an actually date? If it was coming in 2018 I’d get it for sure.

Hey Wes. I believe all they said was 2018. I had to put down a 3 or 4K deposit.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-16-2017, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Jrod You have any more details on your Boss’s Porsche that thing looks awesome. I have seen a few car that are going after Tesla, I think that’s great. Sorry to say but Gas powerd cars no longer have my interest. I hate to cast shade but what I used to think was cool like a nice lambo, I now look at like it’s a glorified corvette,

Hey remember the movie The Last Chase, Lee Major in a Porsche 917 great flick 1981!

https://youtu.be/ASCmH1HdG6g

I'm afraid I don't.

The electric cars make a lot of sense, but I'm just not sure I can give of the sound of a combustion engine and manual transmission. I love to drive and worry that the electric cars would be boring, although I've never actually driven one.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-16-2017, 8:30 AM Reply   
J-Rod I am the same. I have a Chrysler 300 SRT8 that I have supped up pretty good. I have been into buy a Tesla a few times and I LOVE the power and the tech, but there is something about rear wheel muscle with the exhaust that I love. It comes from racing mustangs, cobras, and sunbeam tigers in my youth. I know I would be fine, but hard to spend $100K and not be absolutely in love with the car.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-16-2017, 11:48 AM Reply   
Yeah I agree with you guys - my left foot gets bored. Stomping Teslas is fun for the novelty of insane instant torque but the handling is meh. I have one lease cycle left before I likely move abroad again and by the time we move back I don't think anyone will be offering 3 pedals anymore - BMW is done after this gen and I don't fit in most P cars. Was gonna do an M4 but the reality is that working from home and living on an island I just don't drive much anymore and there isn't much opportunity to have fun with a car here anyway. Considering getting an i3-S instead LOL - fun little car and super quick from 0-30.

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-16-2017, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Yeah I agree with you guys - my left foot gets bored. Stomping Teslas is fun for the novelty of insane instant torque but the handling is meh. I have one lease cycle left before I likely move abroad again and by the time we move back I don't think anyone will be offering 3 pedals anymore - BMW is done after this gen and I don't fit in most P cars. Was gonna do an M4 but the reality is that working from home and living on an island I just don't drive much anymore and there isn't much opportunity to have fun with a car here anyway. Considering getting an i3-S instead LOL - fun little car and super quick from 0-30.

I am 6'4 , all legs, and only fit in PCARS, well 911's I also want a manual, cant believe all the auto, i understand they are faster and better, but i want to enjoy the drive. I have tried shoe horning myself in many cars, the r8 works, a ferrari 458 with buckets but really tight in the head room, AND I CANT DRIVE A VETTE or i would have one. I am not a corvette guy, but the z06 and grand sport are amazing cars and uber cheap for that level of car
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-16-2017, 6:40 PM Reply   
Thread Hyjack: Wes how do you like the I3? I thik that’s a cool car. I have been playing with the BOSCH battery’s that come Stock In that car. The best batteries I have from CHEVY. Yup that’s right how could the Germans out engineer the Americans I’m sorry but the Americans have the leading edge when it comes to batteries right now. This is just my opinion and it’s from real time experience. But Chevy “Volt, Bolt, Spark” batteries are bad a$$ and are working great for me. Here is what a 20 mile Nissan Leaf battery looks like compaired to a 40 miles Chevy Spark battery looks like.
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 10-16-2017 at 6:45 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-16-2017, 6:58 PM Reply   
I’ll let you know if I go forward with it. The i3s “sport” version starts production next month I think. Bit more HP and torque, lower stance and much better wheels/tires.

Still tempted to go M4 European delivery before they shut down that program (or kill the incentives even further) and the 3rd pedal goes away for good.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2017, 10:43 AM Reply   
Back to the Subject of, the Need 4 Speed. And more specific the want for the emotional feeling that a gas powerd super car gives you. This is just me but cars that shake rattle & roll how much of it can you take. Be honest. A 30 min drive In my friends Aventador Roadster , I was like thanks for the headake. LOL if we were at the track and the road was smooth and you had a helmet on ect yes I can see it. But to be honest it was not a driving experience I would want to do everyday. And that’s what excites me about the Electric cars the almost silent pull & torque. I love it. The Mission E looks bad ass, 600 HP. I’m a Porsche lover. And the GT line of cars are bad a$$
The Turbo Porsche’s are IMO one of the best looking cars rolling. I love how they get after it and they don’t make alot of noise doing it. You could blast down a city street at 100 and stop at the next light and you would hardly turn a head. Try that in a Lambo or Ferrari I saw this Porsche in SF 2 weeks ago looks like a fun track car
Attached Images

Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-17-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
I'm sort of with Grant on this one. I tried to get back into tracking a car and bought a mustang and started building. Full suspension, brakes, gears, clutch, cams, exhaust, custom dyno tune, endless amounts of safety wiring, etc.........and after all that, I rarely even feel like going LOL. Now the car is too fast to really enjoy on the street and is too loud and stiff to enjoy on a leisurely Sunday cruise. And god forbid I get stuck in a traffic jam with this clutch, I'm ready to ditch it on the side of the road. I'll probably sell it soon and really try and look for something that's comfortable and fun to drive. She looks bone stock, which is what I was going for, but has surprised quite a few cats w/ a whole lot more dough into their ride.
Attached Images

Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-17-2017, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I love cars but I love a lot of other things more that consume my money. Here's a picture of my baby. Just had some paint redone and wheels freshened up. Thinking about selling her to get a jeep and a quad for my cabin. There's a serious tug a war going on in my head right now.

Best year of the M5 IMO. Beautiful! I was an Audi guy, here is my old one that i still miss to this day. 2000 S4 with Stage II APR tune.
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-17-2017, 12:17 PM Reply   
Audi fan here too. I miss my S5. Beautiful car.

Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-17-2017, 12:24 PM Reply   
yes it is, great color choice too.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-17-2017, 3:01 PM Reply   
Grant has a good point. I made a deal with my wife. If I could drive my Gallardo for a week straight she would stop bugging me abt selling it. By day 2 I had taken cushions off our patio furniture to use on the seat. I scraped the underside of the bumper twice. After zero times in almost 3 years. Got a door ding. Tweaked my knee getting out one morning into my office. Took me 30 min to get out of my parking spot one afternoon ( I’ve been parking in the same spot for 10 years+) b/c the car has the turning radius worse than a suburban. That’s just what I can remember……
But still have it
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-17-2017, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurtis_ttu View Post
Grant has a good point. I made a deal with my wife. If I could drive my Gallardo for a week straight she would stop bugging me abt selling it. By day 2 I had taken cushions off our patio furniture to use on the seat. I scraped the underside of the bumper twice. After zero times in almost 3 years. Got a door ding. Tweaked my knee getting out one morning into my office. Took me 30 min to get out of my parking spot one afternoon ( I’ve been parking in the same spot for 10 years+) b/c the car has the turning radius worse than a suburban. That’s just what I can remember……
But still have it
lol thats funny sh@t I am not using my car daily, will hit the track on and off and spend most days in the smoky mtns So going to work is not the issue. I drive an e350 diesel for work and love the comfort and milage but cant see buying a sports car that feels like my couch. so more noise, more feedback and more fun for me
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-17-2017, 8:30 PM Reply   
This is as sports car as i'll have for a while.. We have a 4 month old now and planning on another soon. It handles like a small 2 door and 400 horses never sounded so good. Not the fastest car by the numbers but the seat of your pants feel tells you its plenty fast. I've always owned trucks/suv so this is the quickest i've ever been in/owned. We also have a new yukon to haul the boat and wifes daily driver. I dont think i'll ever part with the maserati though. I've found that people either love em or hate em there's not really an in between.
Attached Images

Last edited by bass10after; 10-17-2017 at 8:36 PM.
Old     (Padge)      Join Date: Feb 2017       10-18-2017, 2:09 AM Reply   
Nothing compared to a Porsche, but here’s my hotrod. Made 779rwhp
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2017, 7:51 AM Reply   
I would take your 779 rwhp and a lot of money in the bank over a Porsche any day.

I like American cars mainly because they are easy to work on and if you mod them and break them. (and if your going to push the limits they are going to break) your not looking at a 10,000 or more engine rebuild.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-18-2017, 5:38 PM Reply   
Tip of the hat Detox!

Not much use for a Maserati in Costa Rica, so I had to sell mine when I moved here.
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-18-2017, 5:50 PM Reply   
sweet rides fellas! My next will be a classic thinking early 70s trans am. seem to be quite a few still around

Jrod said Jeep, so here's mine. Bought it to leave at the deer lease. Got into offroading and can't bring myself to sell it for a TJ or JK that's much more easily upgraded. lift, lockers F/R, winch. Loads of fun.

Red XJ Cherokee on right
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-18-2017, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
Tip of the hat Detox!

Not much use for a Maserati in Costa Rica, so I had to sell mine when I moved here.
thank you! those old ones are pretty neat, there just aren't enough people who know much about them. I'd really really like to have a '60 3500 gt those are super good looking. Then again i'd like to live in costa rica probably more than i'd like to own either one. Maybe just live there some of the time so the lustre doesn't wear off
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-19-2017, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
sweet rides fellas! My next will be a classic thinking early 70s trans am. seem to be quite a few still around

Jrod said Jeep, so here's mine. Bought it to leave at the deer lease. Got into offroading and can't bring myself to sell it for a TJ or JK that's much more easily upgraded. lift, lockers F/R, winch. Loads of fun.

Red XJ Cherokee on right
Nice! I got into hunting this year which is why I want a jeep too. My HD Ram is awful on the dirt road for exploring. I need a little wheeler.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-19-2017, 9:25 AM Reply   
Nick and Nacho are the only ones in this thread I'd consider "car crazy", nick has classic cars that he presumably does his own restoration, upgrades, and maintenance and while that Jeep is pretty new I doubt he paid someone to do the work or used bolt on "kits" for everything. Guys buying new cookie cutters from a dealer... Definitely not "car crazy" IMO.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-19-2017, 3:04 PM Reply   
I guess I see "car crazy" as anyone who loves cars new or old & just the passion of car culture and the spirit of driving. I saw a guy on Chasing Classic cars that collected MICRO car's Example The BMW izetta & the messerschmitt KR series. It was amazing I never knew they made so many Micro cars
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2017, 7:08 AM Reply   
Cory, different kind of crazy....spending 6 figures on second cars is pretty crazy imo. 991.2 gt3 is hardly cookie cutter.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-21-2017, 4:14 AM Reply   
I took crazy to mean into cars/ trucks of which I am.. but also do my own work on the Maserati as well. I’ve also owned a jeep, diesel truck that was done up and did a lot of work on , Audi etc. I think the thread applies to the guy who reads every car magazine because hes into cars just as much as it applies to a guy who can have a collection of older cars to work on. I’d own a lot more if I had the space and means- I guess I’m just not car crazy enough to live in them instead of a house right now lol Cory you didn’t even post a pic of your rides, don’t just criticize might as well get in on the action man! Ha

Last edited by bass10after; 10-21-2017 at 4:18 AM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2017, 11:12 AM Reply   
While we're on the subject ... another lil project, we're almost ready for the first ignition:

Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-21-2017, 1:42 PM Reply   
Here's one of my '71 CB750, restored a few years ago. I did everything myself aside from paint and chrome. I did not get into the bottom end of the engine but I did a top end rebuild. I really wanted to do an 836 kit but the taper in the worst bore was about .001" so I just honed heavy toward the bottom and put new rings in. I ported the head, installed new valves guides, 3 angle valve job. Wishing I went with a hotter than stock cam now that the head breathes better. Maybe a winter project, that and going into the bottom end to install undercut gears in the transmission. Picture from this morning at a cruise...
Attached Images

Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-21-2017, 2:16 PM Reply   
Here are some more of mine... I know the truck is pretty new, blah, but in any event it's an '86 diesel F-350. I added a turbo, replaced the C6 with a ZF5 I rebuilt, high output injection pump, shimmed injectors to pop at higher psi. On the to-do list is head studs so I can safely put a larger turbo on it and an intercooler to keep from melting pistons when towing. Also need to install a long pinion gearset in the rear and a locker, open diffs suck on steep wet ramps. I'll probably do a TrueTrac up front and call that good enough since this one doesn't see any serious off roading.

The Mustang is my buddy's, originally a 6-banger though I built a 302 for him and converted that. All I can say about that is never again. So many M2 specific parts and everything is in the way of everything else. It's pretty quick even with a mild 302 though as it only weighs around 2600 lbs.

My '68 Galaxie was bought new by my grandmother. Plain jane 302 car, I swapped in a 460. It's still automatic but I have a 4 speed toploader under my bench I may rebuild and install, or bite the bullet and go with a 3550/TKO to get a 5th gear.

The '66 Galaxie I no longer have. It was a blast but I didn't need two Galaxies and couldn't sell my grandmother's car. I traded it straight up for my first boat, an '89 Marlin Cobra. Had fun with that doing various things to squeeze more power from the SBC 'till it blew up then swapped another SBC from a Camaro into it and ran it more but ended up spending more time pulling riders with it than anything so I traded it plus some cash for my current '89 Supra.

The Falcon I no longer have but it was a fun little car in it's own way. 144 and 3 on the tree. No synchros in first gear. Not much power but it was fun and got 30+ MPG. I'd like to find a '64 or '65 eventually as I like that body style better.
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-17-2017, 12:07 AM Reply   
https://www.tesla.com/roadster/

:0
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-17-2017, 6:55 AM Reply   
Yes the new TESLA Roadster. IMO is amazing. First production car to Go 8 second 1/4 Mile. Under 2 seconds 0-60. Elon said 1000 mile range and 250+ MPH! That’s Crazy. The Bad news Dilevery 2020. What’s that thing gonna cost a P100D is up near $150 so this thing has got to be $200+

In my opinion if this thing if it’s for real it’s a true game changer. A electric car that will Destroy pretty much every single super car LOL “sorry sir your Lambo is a slug” Good thing Porsche has the Mission E coming. Lambo announced they are gonna make a all electric super car they are working with M.I.T
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-17-2017, 9:45 AM Reply   
^^Just saw that this morning. Tesla is just killing it lately.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-17-2017, 9:48 AM Reply   
The semi was pretty impressive as well. 0-60 faster than most cars (5 sec!) lol
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-17-2017, 2:38 PM Reply   
The Tesla Roadster 2.0 looks amazing!!!! Makes me really wish I was rich.

... I think kids our in my future, we took the big step to an SUV last weekend. Scooped up a '18 F-Pace to replace my wife's IS350
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-18-2017, 5:16 AM Reply   
crazy tesla, but no sound. i want the feedback, all the noise, frenetic drive experience. so the tesla would be a no for me. although, its uber cool, just would be a dud and not enjoyable if you want the experience
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-18-2017, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
crazy tesla, but no sound. i want the feedback, all the noise, frenetic drive experience. so the tesla would be a no for me. although, its uber cool, just would be a dud and not enjoyable if you want the experience

You should launch in a P100D once before you make that proclamation. It’s bat sh@t crazy! Plenty for the senses.
Old     (flatbroke)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-18-2017, 7:44 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=cadunkle;1969736]Here are some more of mine... I know the truck is pretty new, blah, but in any event it's an '86 diesel F-350. I added a turbo, replaced the C6 with a ZF5 I rebuilt, high output injection pump, shimmed injectors to pop at higher psi. On the to-do list is head studs so I can safely put a larger turbo on it and an intercooler to keep from melting pistons when towing. Also need to install a long pinion gearset in the rear and a locker, open diffs suck on steep wet ramps. I'll probably do a TrueTrac up front and call that good enough since this one doesn't see any serious off roading.

The Mustang is my buddy's, originally a 6-banger though I built a 302 for him and converted that. All I can say about that is never again. So many M2 specific parts and everything is in the way of everything else. It's pretty quick even with a mild 302 though as it only weighs around 2600 lbs.

My '68 Galaxie was bought new by my grandmother. Plain jane 302 car, I swapped in a 460. It's still automatic but I have a 4 speed toploader under my bench I may rebuild and install, or bite the bullet and go with a 3550/TKO to get a 5th gear.

The '66 Galaxie I no longer have. It was a blast but I didn't need two Galaxies and couldn't sell my grandmother's car. I traded it straight up for my first boat, an '89 Marlin Cobra. Had fun with that doing various things to squeeze more power from the SBC 'till it blew up then swapped another SBC from a Camaro into it and ran it more but ended up spending more time pulling riders with it than anything so I traded it plus some cash for my current '89 Supra.

The Falcon I no longer have but it was a fun little car in it's own way. 144 and 3 on the tree. No synchros in first gear. Not much power but it was fun and got 30+ MPG. I'd like to find a '64 or '65 eventually as I like that body style better.[/QUOTE

That '66 is pretty cool there! My pop still has the '66 Galaxie that he bought brand new. Convertible 4 spd and 428 Police Interceptor engine. Has 7 Litre badges on the lower front fenders that was kind of unique back then. Was supposed to be exported to the UK.

Here's one of my main toys. '63 original K15. FI 7.4L 430/528 on bone stock tune. (needs to get to a dyno. Has 63" rear springs, 52" fronts and rides almost as well as our XL Denali. 4 wheel disc, 5 spd manual, 10k hydraulic winches for front and rear. Looks old, runs like new, rides better than new.

Then there is the '77 Police Special. Jockey shifted 88", foot clutch and 18" apes. Can't bring myself to get rid of her. Had her since before wife and kids came along almost 20 years now.

Just picked up an '05 Forester XT (yeah yeah I know. Not any sort of super car or anything) 5 spd. Apparently they were a high 13 sec 1/4 mile car when new and seem to lend themselves to mods fairly easily. This one is stock but will get an up pipe and stage 1 tune after the holidays.

I like it as its kind of a sleeper being a wagon and all. Super fun to drive in the week that Ive had it!
Attached Images

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-18-2017, 8:52 PM Reply   
the tesla semi goes 0-60 the same time as my maserati Pretty incredible. I really like what they've put out and own quite a bit of their stock too...hopefully they turn a profit so mine will go up substantially more and can get the new roadster The acceleration numbers are staggering, i hope the handling will also measure up. The draw for me to my quattroporte isn't just acceleration, its the planted cornering that makes a 100mph turn feel like 35, the engine note and pininfarina styling. To me the current tesla exteriors are far more attractive than the interiors... simplistic is one thing but they need to meet some level of luxury as well at a price upwards of $100K
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-05-2017, 6:46 PM Reply   
As a fan of fast 4 doors my previous 2015 Chevy SS and my current 2017 ATS-V
Attached Images

Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       12-06-2017, 7:33 AM Reply   
^^^ Nice! I bet that Chevy SS will be a good collector car someday.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-06-2017, 8:29 AM Reply   
I'd love to have an SS. I grew up in Australia where it is known as the Commodore, and seeing as they no longer make it it would be a great collector car for me.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-07-2017, 10:40 AM Reply   
Anyone else find it funny that Tesla is claiming that the new roadster is the "Fastest Production Car Ever", and the car isn't even in production yet? :-)
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-14-2017, 5:46 AM Reply   
How do you like the ATS-V I would love to have that car.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-14-2017, 12:23 PM Reply   
I have a friend whos husband recently passed away. I'm helping her, she is selling his Cobra (replica). Here it is... if anyone interested or can help out.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...424471427.html

Spread the word Thanks.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-03-2018, 6:07 AM Reply   
car came in,just waiting to find time to pick it up
Attached Images

Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-03-2018, 7:13 AM Reply   
Wow Doug, that is beautiful!!!!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-03-2018, 5:58 PM Reply   
Thanks, i have been in a mid life crisis,lol have one daughter in college and a 4 yr old. I sold all my motorcycles and really had an itch to get into the mountains with a few friends and my brother and tear up some roads. then hit the lake and enjoy the water after a long day beating the streets
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-03-2018, 8:05 PM Reply   
Beauty, Doug.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-04-2018, 7:03 AM Reply   
Its beautiful!!!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-04-2018, 9:24 AM Reply   
doug, VERY nice!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-04-2018, 12:21 PM Reply   
Doug: that photo is total Junk. For the love of god go down and get your car and take a decent photo of your car
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-04-2018, 3:57 PM Reply   
lol, i know, i will pick it up on saturday. been too crazy busy to get it.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-05-2018, 9:11 AM Reply   
Beautiful, GT3?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-08-2018, 11:41 AM Reply   
The home made V12 my uncle is building is ALIVE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19LVlU6AEnU
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-09-2018, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
the home made v12 my uncle is building is alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19lvlu6aenu

wow!!!!
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-10-2018, 3:44 PM Reply   
Doug i'd stop everything to pick that up! My friends dad bought a limited edition 911 turbo with 550 hp, its supposed to be stupid fast- haven't been in it yet.. Nick that v12 rev is awesome been following the updates you post, nice to hear the beast unleashed! thats some real skill to pull that off

Last edited by bass10after; 01-10-2018 at 3:51 PM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-11-2018, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
The home made V12 my uncle is building is ALIVE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19LVlU6AEnU
yes!!! that thing sounds awesome!!

would like to see inside that bellhousing
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-31-2018, 7:31 PM Reply   
DOUG we never got a decent photo of your car. Too busy driving I hope???

I've been enjoying the i3s. Perfect car for living on a smallish island. Moving back to the mainland next year and have a deposit down on one of these

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-06-2018, 5:17 PM Reply   
i will post some, need to transfer some pics!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-08-2018, 10:10 AM Reply   
few pics
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-03-2018, 12:20 PM Reply   
Reviving this thread..... Anyone sporting new rides for 2019? We just picked up a new family car. So far we're very happy.
I drove the Macan S, Range Rover Velar, SRT Durango, and Mercedes GLC 43 AMG. The Audi SQ5 impressed me the most.
Although if the Porsche dealer would have budged on the price I may have had a tough decision.
Attached Images

Last edited by jarrod; 12-03-2018 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-04-2018, 11:02 AM Reply   
I really liked the way the velar looked....went to go look at them; opened the door and shut it. Car was incredibly small based on how big the body looks. Ended up with a used 2018 Range rover with the desiel as a commuter. Had it for 6 months now. Easily one of the most overrated cars on the road. The best attribute of the car is the way it looks....and the main reason I bought it. I'm still pissed at myself for spending so much on it. 120k sticker cars should be abt $75/80k.

Dealer service blows on top of that.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-04-2018, 12:59 PM Reply   
Nice pickup J-Rod. Those are fast-AF
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-04-2018, 1:12 PM Reply   
^my sister bought a Velar. Be glad you didn't.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-05-2018, 10:56 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Yeah I thought the Velar looked cheap inside for the price. And 65K for 200 horsepower didn't seem reasonable compared to Audi. I learned in the process the Jaguar SUV is the same car with a different body. The interior is even the same.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-31-2019, 10:47 AM Reply   
Unicorn sighting on the road!!!
Singer Porsche
Attached Images

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-06-2019, 6:44 AM Reply   
Been a while since I checked this... still have the Maserati but got rid of the Yukon and got an Escalade platinum. Probably not raising anyone on here’s blood pressure like the rest of the cars but it’s a huge difference in ride, comfort, power vs our slt Yukon. I like the alacantara headliner and touches vs the the other trims and the leather inside the platinum is def a huge upgrade.
Attached Images

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-12-2019, 5:52 AM Reply   
^^^^ Ive been nothing but impressed with my wifes escalade. she has a 17 ( the next level down fr the platinum..luxury?). I'm looking forward to the new 2020 when it comes out and will be ready to trade out of hers. She has the Kona leather which I'm a huge fan of.