Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (x45er)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-07-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
Just installed it today.......Hats off to Larry and the guys. The difference in sound level is amazing.

Money well spent!!!!
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       06-11-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
Did you install this yourself? If you did how hard was it? Do you notice any difference in performace? I have checked out their site and ready their information. Would like to hear from someone who has installed it. I have an 08 X15 that I am thinking about installing it on. On the one hand the MCX engine has a nice deep sound to it but it would be nice to have the noise level lower.
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-11-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
I installed mine and it went fairly easy - other than a mine mishap (not a problem with the FAE). My suggestion would be to install it while its on the trailer and not on a boat lift.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
installed fairly easy, no loss of performance, and way quiter, with no fumes. best 375 ive ever spent on my boat.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-12-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Best audio upgrade available. Now tower speaker or interior sub can match it for what it does to your stereo.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-12-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Have to agree with Steve. Best stereo upgrade I ever purchased was the FAE. Plus, as the driver I can actually communicate with the rider. My neighbors are also appreciative of the FAE since we board at 6:30am.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
Are there any negatives to the system. Do any manufactures warn against the install?
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-13-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
even more important, would it effect the warranty?
Old     (x45er)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-13-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
Ian, The install is easy. There is a crossmember you have to install under the swim platform and I didn't like the method FAE used. I had some SS nuts welded to the ends of the crossmember and drilled the swim platform supports and bolted it down. I'll try and get some pics this weekend of the change.
Old     (craigw3972)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-13-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
I have an 06 x-star with an MCX engine... the exhaust also has a muffler. would my application (muffler already inline) benefit from the FAE? Do you guys that have installed them have exsisting mufflers in the exhaust?
Old     (blownc6)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-13-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
Larry ROCKS!! Customer service is awesome, if you have any questions just give Larry a call he's very helpful. The FAE is an excellent product made of top quality materials, engineered well, and rock solid. Easy to install, took me a couple hours and I took my time. No performance loss that I can tell on my Tige 22V with 340hp GM Vortec. I got the "quick disconnect" option that allows for easy swim platform removal (see pic). As others have said it also quites the exhaust and makes it easier to hear the tunes at 80'. If you surf I'd say it's a must have.

Upload
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
will that thing work with my wedge?
Old     (zoah)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-13-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
Dang, I'm really interested in these. I'm adding this to the list.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-13-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
Great upgrade. My boat was quiet inside already but it really helped things on the outside. Now it's as quiet as an I/O. Surfing experience is sooo much more enjoyable now, CO free.

Upload
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-18-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
I just returned from a week houseboat trip to Don Pedro and my newly installed FAE was perfect! Everyone was impressed how quiet the boat was, and the only time I smelled exhaust was swimming towards the swim deck to get back into the boat. Once again, Larry was top notch on the custumer service front.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-18-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
Tim, from what I understand the current models will not work with the wedge, but I have heard and seen a few posts on various boards that one is in the works for bu's with a wedge. You may want to contact Larry and ask him about, as it has been a while since I last heard any news about it
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-19-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
thanks