Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (boynepat)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
check out my movie here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4UWcK2bvA
I know the quality is bad but just give me some suggestions. This is my first video I have edited.
Old     (deafgoose)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
What program are you using to edit?

Windows movie maker is good for simple things but I use Ulead VideoStudio 11 because I use a HD video cam. Its very simply to use and has loads of features. You can watch youtube tutorials to learn the program faster.
Old     (boynepat)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-02-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
right now my camera is kind of crappy but what kind of camera do you use?
I am looking for a camera in the 2-300 dollar range
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-02-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
cool Dan
I thought that I was the only ulead fan

I have Media studio pro, but haven't upgraded in a while
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-02-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
Whatup Pat!
Vid looks good, but it could stand out a lot more with more quality footage. The tube shot of Mike turned out real good though. We should do some chase boat shots in the next couple weeks to get some real good looking video.

I'm heading up Wednesday, you going to be around?
Old     (boynepat)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-02-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
no, ill be back up in two weeks
how was wake camp?
what new tricks did you learn?
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-02-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
If your camera has a decent optical zoom, bring your shots in a bit. This makes framing more difficult, but it means that a greater percentage of the viewing area is devoted to what the viewer cares about (The rider and what he's doing). You can take a couple of longer shots for variety and to show any scenery, but the majority of what you want to work with should be a much closer shot.

Otherwise great work for a first video!
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-02-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
well, wait a week and roddy will make your video totaly legit........a scarecrow is all you need
Old     (boynepat)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-03-2008, 5:04 AM Reply   
my camera doesnt have an optical zoom so i either need a new camera or have to do all of my shots from a tube and chase boat