Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-03-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
I have a '97 Nautique Super Sport and am currently installing my customer ballast system. Right now I am trying to plumb my front sacs and I'm not sure how I should do it. As you can see in the drawing I have attached, I want to plumb a sac in the front locker and another small one up under the open bow. I have to run both of these sacs off of the same pump.

The first thing I was thinking of doing is how I have it set up below. I was going to run the main line from the pump to the big sac in the locker, then I was just going to hook a hose up to the top port on that sac and run it up to the sac in the open bow so it would fill after the locker sac was full. Would this work? How much pressure would it take before the top sac started filling up? I'm afraid it's going to take a lot of pressure to push the water up there. If this wouldn't work, do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for any help!

Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       04-03-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
O.5 psi per foot of column water, so no more than 1 psi. I have had the same set up in my boat it worked fine.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-03-2005, 5:24 PM Reply   
wpstevenson,

You've run the same set up before? My only concern is that there are some pipes, wires, etc. inside my ski locker and I don't want the bag pushing real, real hard on them. You don't think the locker sac will put too much pressure on that stuff or the locker itself? Thanks a lot for the help!
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       04-03-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
Justin

There aren't any wires or pipes in the ski locker of my last 2 Mastercrafts. I have set up several systems where the ski locker bag and the bags under the front seat were connected to the same pump. No problems. If your thru hull for the overflow on the ski locker bag is higher than the level of the front bags there will be no more presure on the ski locker bag if you had the front bags tied in.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       04-04-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
Why don't you "T" before the locker sack and run a separate line to the bow walkway bag. Put a ball valve in-line just before each bag so you an direct the flow any way you want it. Then you can set the ball valves just right so both bags finish filling at the same time.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-04-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
jklein,

I bought valves, etc. to do it that way, but there isn't very much room in my ski locker to set it up like that. My locker sac is a custom sac and it completely fills the whole thing. I was hoping to not have to use any manual valves or anything. I may just have to test out my original idea and then go with the valves if that doesn't work.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-04-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
I second John's idea. I am doing the same thing as you except my bow sack is going to be a full sized fat sac that just sits up in the bow. I am going to split off after the pump and put a manual ball valve before the ski locker bag and the bow bag. Eventually I am going to put the bow bag on it's on pump when I get enough money to buy another one.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-06-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
Look at my installation...........
http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2192&post days=0&postorder=asc&start=0