Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (purgatory71)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-28-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 SAN and rented a Hyperlite board 5'6" and had a good time. But when I let go of the rope I just lost momentum. I need help with what type of board is good for a SAN and I weigh about 160 and ride goofy. I have ballast and on one side only have about 300lbs. What should I ride and how much weight.
Thx
Purg
Old     (alecia_lts)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-29-2007, 5:34 AM Reply   
Steve-

We have a 2000 Super Air as well. You definately need to add some more weight to the boat. We run about 600lb in the back, 200lb in lead just behind the drive and below the seats on the drivers side and then a 300lb fat sac on top of the seat and the center ballast is full. whats your email and i will send you some pics.
Old     (purgatory71)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-29-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
Thx,
I have in the back 600lbs total. 300 each side, 300lbs in the center locker and 120 in the front. How far R U riding behind the boat and what speed.
Steveng71@ca.rr.com
Old     (purgatory71)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-29-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
I just noticed U live in Fl. I used to live in Boca Raton. I moved west 5 yrs ago before wakeboarding got popular. Where R U riding out their. I used to jet ski in Delrey and Lake Worth and the ocean around Light House Point. Is the cable park still around at 441 and Hillsborough. Take it easy.
Old     (alecia_lts)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
Steve-

Right on! Yeah we have a school on Crystal lake (sample and military) in Pompano Beach. for your weight distribution, put all of the weight that you have in the back of the boat on the drivers side. when you add weight to the other side of the boat it washes out the wake. take that 300lb fat sac and put it on the seats right behind the driver. we are surfing at 10.5-11.5 mph..but each speedo is very differnt (maybe try a bit faster or a bit slower depending upon your personal preference. yes, the cable is still around. i will email you some pics when i get home from work.

a
Old     (jstrong89)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
I just got my super air last week and took it out over the weekend. We got the thing to throw up the huggest wake ever! It had a full on barrel and everything. Here is what I did- put 600lb bag in v-drive locker on top of stock ballast (which was full). Put 4-sparklets water jugs behind driver on the seat. Put 3 more sparklets jugs on driver side seat in bow. Put a big girl in back drivers side seat as close to the jugs as possible and had 2 people hanging out on top of the ski locker on drivers side. Our wake was so gnarly we almost knocked 2 fisherman off of their dock. We were about maxed out on weight and the rub rail was in the water. I think the whole idea is to get as much weight evenly distributed on the side you want to surf. It doesn't matter what boat you have, just sink one side until it gets scary close to taking on water and then ride. If you put weight in the bow it really helps more than you think. Also it's much harder than you think to let go of the rope and it took me about two hours before I figured out the sweet spot.