Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    ccstev            10-09-2003, 6:26 PM Reply   
We are starting the South Texas Wakeboard Club at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi and could use some help with getting sponsors. We've talked to some people but the club is still in its infancy. We just finished the paperwork and should start recruiting real soon. Can anyone help us to maybe smooth things out a little with some advice or links? ANYTHING will help.

Thanks

(Message edited by ccstev on October 09, 2003)
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-09-2003, 7:32 PM Reply   
Hmm...I did not know people in Corpus wakeboard that much. I grew up in Corpus and rode their for a few years and when I lived there(about 4 years ago) I rode with the only person in Corpus who had a Tige. I guess things are starting to come around.

Anyway, my good buddy Jacob Bocanegra is a photographer and is finishing up his last semester their at A&M. He can be found at just about every wakeboard event. He is deep in to the scene and has published articles and pictures in Wakeboarding Magazine. Maybe he can do something for ya.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on October 09, 2003)
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-10-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
Get hot chicks and make them do carwashes in bikinis, then post the pictures.

Actually, on the serious side, Steve, you'll find that a lot of the people that come out to those things just want to ride without having any responsibility to a larger group. I know you need people to be a club, but be very selective in who you let in. Also, usually it's not the most talented riders that will help your club, it's the hard-core average rider who wants to put in lots of time for rides. Just get a good balance of really good guys and the guys who'll do anything for a ride.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-10-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
I like my first idea better.
Old    ccstev            10-12-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
We're working on your first idea already... don't worry, I'll have my camera ready.