Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (m3the01)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-29-2005, 8:58 PM Reply   
Please note to everyone the Skylon Deafcon V's 2005 model sound and look great but DO NOT FIT ON A Correct Craft FCT.

Steven
Old    doubleup1080            05-30-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   
Also doesn't fit pre-2005 x-2/old x-star. I made mine fit with custom mounts.
Old     (m3the01)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-30-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
Same with me, custom mounts.

Honestly, they should have done a little more research on the design.

Steven

Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-30-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
They barely fit my 03' VLX. The outside cans probably are about an eighth of an inch or less away from the side of my tower and I could not have mounted them any other way seeing as the cross bars on the top of my tower would have gotten in the way. Thank god the clamps are solid and they don't move at all. It's a shame that you guys are having problems cause they really do look and sound awsome once everything works.

Steve and Brandon, did they offer to give you guys custom mounts or work with you in any way being as though they are so much.

Chad
Old     (m3the01)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-31-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
Well i got them in on friday and monday was a holiday. So calling today,

I was wondering though, ive never heard any tower speakers before:-). I have the 8 pin wiring harness and the suggested Kicker SX600.2 amp. The system is forsure pretty loud. But how loud are we talking? I have them on the full range mode(custom level 1 on the amp), but there not cray loud. When your sitting in the drivers seat you wouldnt really know they were there. But when you get to the back of the boat there very loud. Really really nice sound quality.

Can you guys hear them while wakeboarding? Havent tried yet, it was a windy windy weekend.

thanks,

If there suppose to be crazy loud, can someone suggest some settings on the amp or stereo(clarion XMD-1) to adjust. Its strange in the manual for the stereo it says pushing button 13 gets you to treble and bass adjustment. But not mine, just fade and balance.

thanks for the help/advice.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-31-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
when you go through your menu with the Z+ button stop on custom, then you will be able to bring up the bass and treble. The kicker amps have a few different input settings also, I think they have a gain control and a separate input level.scroll through the menu on the amp and it should come up.
Old    marshman            06-06-2005, 11:50 PM Reply   
They do fit on the rear bar of the 2005 FCT, I have them installed. Just trying to finalize the wiring in the tower at the moment. Does anyone know if the wiring can run through the cross members that run from the front bar to the rear bar?
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-07-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
M3THE01-Did you ever get your speakers mounted? I order the Deafcon V's 2 weeks ago and figured I'd have to fab something to mount them to my "01
SAN. Any pics?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
Marshall,

Grant ran some wires from the back to the front on his FCT for his hot buddy powerflag through the tube on the side. As with most of his installs there is a detailed writeup with photo's in the archives.