Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    blazin            03-09-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
What do you all think about the prostar 190? What is the wake quality like, and are they easy to weight? Also how much can you expect to pay for let s say a 98 or 99? thanks
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2005, 6:50 AM Reply   
I own a 96, see profile. A tower is a must or you will be cramped with friends and gear. wakebaording mag did a writeup on them in there last issue "ranked as one of the best bang for buck wake boats" up there w/ the nautique 2001. When weighted properly 1500-1800 the wake is nice. it's very peaky. You have to watch for rollers with that much weight, its easy to sink the nose if you not careful. They are also very agile boats, great on small rivers, ect. They suck in the chop though. I got my 96 for a steal...10, 500. It's proabbly one of the best slalom boats out there. MC took that hull as a basis for the hull to the x-2. I've seen pricing all over the board on those boats.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-10-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
Sorry Adam,MC did not base the CURRENT X-2 or previous X-star off a 95-97 PS 190. The X-2 hull had is original bottom insepction from the older 205. Early 90's. The 95-97 PS 190 hull did render its design to the X-5 and Sportstar series. The 98-2000 Model would not lend itself very well to wakeboaring. It is a HULL the MC would probably like to forget about.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-10-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
Mine is a '93, see profile. I carry 700lbs. of lead always, well when we are at home, and if the kids want more add a sack or two. With the 700lbs. and three people it is a great wake. Only problem is the room, five people and it's full. I like the closed bow because of all the storage when we are out. Landlock, kneeboard, wakeskate and skis all hidden. The only thing we take off is the wakeboards. If you want quality you can't go wrong with a MC. It was the X5 from the Prostar.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-10-2005, 6:41 PM Reply   
Mine is a 90 and it throws a great trick wake! Can't put enough weight in it to get a good wakeboard wake... But who wants to wakeboard anyway!??
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-10-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
The prostar 190 is a good boat. I think that the 205 would be better if you can find one for a good price. With the 99 and 00 MC boats the interior was put together kinda crappy. I have a 99 205V. The boat is a great boat but the interior is not the best just part of the design people those two years. They have now fixed that problem. If I were you and you wanted a 190 I would stick with 93&94. I used to have a 94 but lost it in a flood at the lake. That boat was hot. 1 fat seat. Tanks on the sides and one in the bow. Threw a nice wake. With the 190 the newer the boat is the smaller the wake is and therefore the more weight you need for it. Try finding a 205 between 93 and 98. Those boats were awsome for the price. I have had alot of experiece with MC so if you have any questions please feel free to email me. Hope that helps

P
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-10-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
For a 1993 205 expect mid teens
For a 1998 205 expect low to mid or high 20's

all of this depends on the accessories like a tower etc