Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-16-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
Any thoughts? found Brothers boats are selling the 232 w/ tower, ballast, for $48k. any thoughts,
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
take a look @ Calabria Pro-V over at Larson Marine, around the same price.
Old     (brad_m)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2007, 11:36 PM Reply   
Marc, Saw a '06 Supra 21v Launch today for $45k at the Supra/Moomba dealer.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/352168880.html
Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-16-2007, 11:53 PM Reply   
what do either of those have to do with supreme boats?
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-17-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
I think they are saying he should look at these other boats also. I had a supreme last year and it seemed to be made cheap. little things would break or fail. Didn't help dealer was lame. they are over all good boats. The resale is not the greatest.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
Here's my opinion on Supreme boats-I bought a 2006 V220 in Antioch, CA. last November and I got a great deal on it. I live in Houston, Texas and there is NO dealer here so I have my warranty work done at the local Nautique/Sanger (Kal Kustoms) dealership, so far this season my boat has spent 7 weeks sitting at the Houston dealership waiting to have minor fit and finish work done.
My purchasing dealer the Sporting Edge in Antioch has gone above and beyond to try and get things fixed...here are the issues.

1. The local Houston dealer doing the warranty work pushes my boat back and does not make it a priority to fix it, he has to make the customers he sells boats to happy first(IMO).
2. Shell and Scott and Kal kustoms and Fineline try and weassel out of honoring warranty work and try to say things like, its just cosmetic so it really doesn't need to be fixed or we will fix it but you have to pay the freight to and from the factory.

What I have learned from this is...that if your Supreme/Fineline/Kal Kustoms dealer is local than you can expect repairs to be done quickly and without a fight. But if you buy a "Westcoast" boat and live in Texas without a local supporting dealer then bubba your screwed. I'm about ready to dump my 2006 V220 and buy a Malibu or Mastercraft from a local Houston dealer. Oh you Sanger guys might be thinking why not just go buy a Sanger from the dealer doing your service, but after the treatment I have received from the local Nautique/Sanger dealer they won't get anymore of my business more less buying a 50K boat from them!

So back to your question
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
"So back to your question" Buyer beware of Supreme and check the dealer out. Nuff said.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Would that be M2?
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-17-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
We had a 2002 Supreme V220. Loved it.
Never had a major issue with it in 900 hours. Our dealer was great, the wake was great. It did pretty good with gas consumption.
Maybe its not as "plush" on the inside as other boats but that never effected the ride.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Aaron,

No it's not M2 but they are located at the same dealership, I'm not naming names but everyone in H-Town knows who the Nautique/Sanger dealer is.
I'm sure they are a great dealership if you buy your boat from them and they do support the wakeboarding community a lot, but they also don't go out of their way to fix boats they don't sell.

Andrea,
I too love my boat and haven't had really any major mechanical issues, most just fit and finish issues that should have been quality controled at the factory before delivery, it has just been really hard to get decent customer service and communication from the warranty people at Fineline, Kal Kustoms and Supreme.

I'm not saying don't buy a Supreme, what I'm saying is you better have a local dealer and one that has a great reputation for customer service. Kelly at The Sporting Edge, has gone out of her way to try and get my boat issues resolved including buying the "yellow" replacement impellors for my ballast puppy pumps out of her own pocket and express shipping them to Houston from California!

What it all boils down to for me is just have a dealer nearby that you can count on and that Supreme needs to be more proactive in warranty work and quality control, thus having higher customer satisfaction. (I hope Karl Kloster, Drew Hobbs, Scott Pelleton and Shell from the manufacture reads this post and takes some action on their product line!)
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-17-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
Sounds like you should have bought a Sanger.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
HateNPain,

Perhaps your right but after the treatment I've got from the local Nautique/Sanger dealer, I would never buy from them, thus leaving me in the same situation. If I do decide to bail on the Supreme, it will be for a Mastercraft X1 or Malibu VRide or VTX, or maybe a Moomba or Supra as they all have local H-town dealers!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
Steve

The Supra dealer (Rinkers Boat World) has treated me very well. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Every one there has went above and beyond for me.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
Marc,

Sorry we hijacked your thread, the V232 is a great boat for rec. use Vs. boarding use I have heard a few people complain about the wake on that boat, So it depends on what you plan to use it for and your level of riding.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-17-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
No prob, I have rode behind the Calibria Pro-v alot, & I know thats a true Wake boat, not yet convinced about the Supreme for the money. Just beacuse its a v-drive & has a tower doesnt make it a great wake boat. The Supreme 22 has a flater bottom, & the 23 has more V to it. So is it more of a family styled boat or a real wake boat?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
I have a Supreme V220... If wakeboarding is your priority... I would stick to the V208, V220, the new V212, and there is a all new 23ft coming out... the V232 is the same as the old V230... Could not get a good wake out of it ... no matter what we did... weight.. no weight.. etc... could not get it dialed... all the others were great...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-17-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
You're right Steve no matter how nice the boat nothing to me is more important than good customer service. This not the first time I have heard of dealers that didn't get the sale treating a service customer poorly. I may be in the same boat as my dealer is nearly 200 miles away and there is a mercruiser service department nearby that also sell's Svafara's
Old     (wiscoepic)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-17-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
My dealership in Lake Geneva WI just picked up Supreme. We have nothing but good things to say about the boats. They're selling like crazy here.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Hate N Pain,
You know what's funny as the service dealership has 3 2006 closeout Sanger V215's I could probably get a hella deal on and would be interested in but I'm not even going to try because of the way they have treated me in the service department.
My purchasing dealer and Kal Kustoms said they should have all the work done in 3 days max, but three weeks later it's still there with little to nothing completed and this is after I had to wait 2 weeks for a service appointment.

After the warranty is up I'm changing to another mercury service shop as I have the 5 year extended warranty on the engine.

Lessons learned!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-17-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
I agree completely with kyle.

My neighbor bought one. The V232 is difficult to get a good wake out of. The wakeboard wake is small. With enough weight the surf wake is pretty rideable.

He had a whole host of issues with the boat. The dealer here is exceptional and has fixed every one, but it got to the point that he was afraid to take the boat out for fear of what would break next. He has had the boat nearly a year and so far this spring things have been better.

The boat is beautiful to look at and very comfortable to sit in, but I would not get one. Just my .02.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-17-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
It's amazing that they don't want your money now or down the road, just another case of missing out on the big picture. Had they treated you right they could likely gain your business in the future. It sounds like something the owner might be interested in knowing.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-18-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Bump!! I want the Fineline/Kal Kustoms/Supreme guys to read this! Nothing like a little bad publicity to light a fire under some as#!!
Old     (kerryn2skiing)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
I too have a Supreme V220, and I agree with Steve. I have had a lot of little problems with the boat, from a bad fuel pump to not finishing the electrical wiring to the stereo and the ballast tank. We have fixed all of the problems ourselves, except for replacement of the fuel pump, because the Mercruiser dealers here in CA don't won't to hassel with Supreme's.

We also needed to replace the dashboard after it cracked. We contacted Supreme and Fineline directly and they were unable to help us. We ended up making a new dash ourselves.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-18-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels like Fineline/Kal Kustoms/Supreme need to listen to their customers feedback and step up to the plate and start honoring what they build.

Sooner or later enough people will read these online threads and move on to another boat company before they even consider a Supreme.

I like my boat but I'm not one bit happy with the level of customer service I have received to this point and it's only been 7 months!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-18-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
SUCKS! I really hope you guys get your stuff taken care of. Did any of you get the 6 year extended warranty? I have the 06 and 07 V220's, only problems Ive had have been with the ballast pumps, which were problems for all boat manuf that had the Jabsco Ballast puppies, and i had them all replced with the yellow impellers by Kal Customs with 0 hassel and done in a week. Besides that My supremes get ran hard and sacked to the hilt and no problems. Hopefully this continues and if i do encounter problems-which i know i will, i trust my warranty will take care of it. My contact at Kal Customs was alwyas Ron M., and he took care of me with no questions asked and turnaround time was always within a week. But now that hes gone, then i guess Ill be taking it back to my dealer in Tracy, but they seem to be top notch as well. So maybe im just lucky? But wish you guys all the best of luck. Heres a pic of my 06 sacked down-probably close to 3,000 lbs with internal ballast aswell. PS-not me in the pic.
Upload
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-18-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Migs,
Hey bro I think a lot of why you have had great service is because you are close to where the boats are built and had a great relationship with Ron. My selling dealer tells me that if I was on the west coast most of this would be fixed ASAP without the hassels!

Thanks for the picture of the engine hatch but I still have to pay the freight to and from the factory for them to fix it even though I provided 3 pictures of engine hatch's done right. Scott P. says it's only cosmetic so he doesn't feel they should have to fix it, I strongly disagree but have agreed to pay for the shipping.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-18-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Just a point
Kal Kustom owns Supreme and Contracts Fineline to build the hulls.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-18-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
Kevin true, but the warranty manager Shell works for Fineline and makes all the decisions on what they will repair/warranty and what they decline to repair/warranty for Supreme and Centurion and what ever else Fineline makes.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-18-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
Ok but you said "Scott P. says it's only cosmetic so he doesn't feel they should have to fix it,"

Many people get the kal Kustom fineline thing confused
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-18-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
Kevin, true again, I'm having my warranty work done at a Nautique/Sanger dealer and Scott P. was involved with Shell on making calls on what they would and would not honor. IMO it is to many people with their hands in the cookie jar , which just adds to communication problems and frustrates the customer.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-19-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
Bump! Is the Supreme subject dead? Usually the bashing goes on for days. I'm surprised no one has told me I told you so about buying that Supreme.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
Oh come on Steve we all know I told you without a doubt to stay away from those Supreme things. The only proper place to get anything Supreme is Taco Bell. Everyone knows this. Heheh
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-20-2007, 5:39 AM Reply   
I knew I should have not ordered off the "Value" menu! All I got was the runs and bad gas with my Supreme, not to mention the customer service at Taco Bell is a heck of a lot better than Team Supreme/Fineline/Kal Kustoms!
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Hahahah man you sure love those guys!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-20-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Matt,
At this point I think Houston Watersports Complex and Supreme/Kal Kustoms/Fineline are worthless at wet toilet paper!
Old     (calygirl_x2)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-21-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
In reference to the "Taco Supreme" boat; evidently you fail to notice the 99.6%(unfortunately you fall in the .4%) customer satisfaction award at HWC.HWC cant be held responsible for the cosmetic and or the parts needed for repair.If you wanted a prestigious boat you should have bought from HWC versus buying a 2nd class boat.Again you should have noticed the plaque given for outstanding customer satisfaction which was well deserved!!!!!}}}}
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-21-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
Allyson,

Yes it is very unfortunate that I fall into the .4% customer satisfaction category. I have the highest respect for Cliff and his support of the Houston watersports community. In fact I has thrilled to have HWC perform the warranty work on my boat based on their outstanding reputation but I have been disappointed in the turn around times to have simple repairs completed (6 weeks this season).

As far as your comments about me buying a second class boat, that is strictly your opinion, I always say opinions are like a holes and they usually stink and I think that yours definitely has a foul odor.

I was perfectly content to let this go but you had to throw it back out there so now its back up at the stop of the thread getting more negative exposure, nice work Allyson.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-21-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
I could be wrong in this but I was led to believe that Supreme was sold by the owners ( somehow connected with Karl Koster (owner of Kal Kustoms) and purchased by Olympic Boats out of Washington. I was told this occured sometime last year.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
so the only other reason i started this post was that I found a 2002 Supreme D/drive in the boat trader w/ a new engine for $13000. looks like a Sean Murray Edition, so hows the wake. is it worth it?
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-21-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
Marc,
I agree it's got way off, again sorry for hijacking your thread!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-21-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Thank god for first time posters, if Calygirl had not brought up the relevance of customer satisfaction awards, we might have thought that Steve was actually telling the truth. Good lord, what the hell does customer satisfaction awards have to do with this conversation. HWC should not agree to do warranty work if they don't make it the same priority as their own customers. Steve is a customer of HWC (based on warranty work) and I would love to know who nominated any service organization with 99.6% satisfaction rating. They must have talked to only two people.

Calygirl, go somewhere else if you want to bash someone else's boat - we do not need you here or at least log off and go back to your desk at HWC.

(Message edited by phatboypimp on June 21, 2007)
Old     (calygirl_x2)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-21-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
I would love to sit at a desk at HWC-however my qualifications arent outstanding;therfor Im happy in the medical field. Customer service has everything to do with it since our world revolves around satisfied and repeat customers.
Old     (calygirl_x2)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-21-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Im not bashing your boat;Im just stating comments previously made. If you are so dissatisfied with the turn around time for minor repairs why do you continue to deal with them. How can you blame a dealership or anyone else for that matter who doesnt carry that type of boat. Have you considered the problem might be on the other end?
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-21-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Allyson,

Absolutely I think that the boat company Supreme/Kal Kustoms/Fineline has a lot to do with it (Customer satisfaction), it is not just HWC fault that the boat has spent nearly 2 months sitting on their lot this season.

All I'm saying is that they (HWC) should look at the broader picture and want to make me happy as much as people who buy boats from them too and thus increase the chance that I will come back buy a new 50K boat from them as well as keep spending my service dollars with them.

I spent nearly $400 on my 25 hour service with HWC and I am sure that they have made at least another $500 in warranty labor. I want this thread to end mainly because of my respect of HWC owner Cliff, he might not know me by just looking at me but we have had several great conversations over the last couple of years. I think I should have just had a sidebar with him instead of putting my frustration out on the internet. NUFF SAID!!
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-21-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
Allyson , I'm actually a little shocked you work in the medical field. I guess its OK to leave a heart transplant patient for 2 months because you didn't sell them the heart.

Either your seriously missing the point here or somehow affiliated with the dealership in question.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2007, 11:02 PM Reply   
Wow, really good point nate
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-22-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
hijacked again, why dont you start a Supreme Sucks/Rocks Post, & answer my question j/k
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-22-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
I looked half hearted at buying one for this season and decided that for the money I was better off buying a loaded 05-06 Malibu VLX; so theres my answer. The Malibu will throw a better wake, great options on most of them, they look better, plus and most importantly the boat will hold its value better and be 10x easier to sell because the demand is so high for malibus.

I also wasn't very excited about the company who was going to be servicing it just becasuse its a new boat to the dealerhip, they have no track record working on them what so ever.

hope this helps Marc
Old     (calygirl_x2)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Steve,
I totally agree

I should have just had a sidebar with him instead of putting my frustration out on the internet. NUFF SAID!!
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-25-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Nate go and get your malibu from Darryl Moore Marine and then try to get it serviced.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-25-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
If you like surfing... kicks up a nice roller!

Upload

Upload
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-25-2007, 11:49 PM Reply   
^^that has no relevance as to what we are talking about.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2007, 12:07 AM Reply   
What exactly had no relevance? Kyle's topical response to the question posed by the thread starter, or your bandwagon comments about a Houston dealer to someone who lives in Washington?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
J Whelan... maybe you should go back and look at the Topic and what the original post is. He is looking to find out whether he should consider a Supreme for his future boat purchase. That was all. So I just showed him a wake surf pic from my Supreme.

My apologies. It wont happen again...

Hahahaha... who am I kidding.. it will definitely happen again.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-26-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
i wasnt paying attention. i got caught up in the debate about the dealers so its my bad
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
damn thats a big surf wake..... hey.. thats my surf wake!
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-27-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for everybodys help & contributions. From what it sounds like, Supreme is entry level & not designed for real wakeboarding.
Since "dealers" are just about anyone that decides to sells them, the "bugs" dont get resolved as correctley as well as say a Mastercraft/Malibu/Sanger/Anybody else dealer would.
I think I'll play it safe & look for a sanger v210. Any diff in wake quality form the 210 to the 215???
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-27-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Both are kick arse
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-27-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
I like the ride of a Sanger... butter smooth... But I like the high freeboard of my Supreme. I like the interior and the fit and finish of my Supreme over the Sanger... but thats just my opinion.

My boat is not really designed for "real" wakeboarding... but my friend who throws nasty off axis 5's and lands the odd toeside 7... when I have it loaded up with 3000lbs and 8 people... doesn't mind riding behind it when he is just screwing around...

But he usually requests the X-Star when he is doing "real" wakeboarding.

We don't really do a lot of "real" surfing... but when the stars are aligned... and it is a full moon... we try and do some "real" surfing.

Test drive the boats... find out which boats will allow you to do "real" wakeboarding!!!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-27-2007, 10:19 PM Reply   
Not to offend any supreme owners... but Kyle you're just being obnoxious now, and there is no way you can compare your supreme wake to that of a sanger v210 or v215. I've seen both supreme and sanger wakes first hand and they dont even compare. Post some pics of this supreme with 3000lbs though never seen that. What prop are you running? What engine? You're way past being safe with 8 people and 3000lbs on that boat.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-27-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
I am running the 6.2L 340hp Black Scorpion with ACME 3 blade 10.5 prop. She gets up and goes without a problem.

3 bags up front - 500lbs each.
2 tanks in the rear factory - 300lbs each
2 bags in the rear - 500lbs each

My wake is tiny... but it does the trick.

My friend is the Sanger dealer... no doubt.. it is the smoothest ride out there... loved it! Considered it... but did not feel comfortable loading it up with peeps and weight... just rides so low...

My boat is a piece of crap... but it was given to me... so I had to take it!

(Message edited by hamkj on June 27, 2007)
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-27-2007, 11:26 PM Reply   
you really amaze me sometimes....
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-27-2007, 11:50 PM Reply   
No offense... why should people be offended.. not everyone can afford the best or better boats... we do what we can with what we have. Here are some shots of the crew.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-27-2007, 11:56 PM Reply   
"not everyone can afford the best or better boats"
Sangers are one of the cheapest boats if not cheaper than supremes and have one of the best wakes out there today. So anybody rollin a 45-60k boat with a bad wake could save some change and get a sanger. Why not?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-27-2007, 11:57 PM Reply   
For value boats right now... I kind of like the new Moomba LSV... they wont admit it... but it is so damn close to the Supra LSV... just a lower price tag!!!! Or see if you can get a good deal on the new Epic. Or go with X1. All totally different boats.. but all kick up a wake.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2007, 12:01 AM Reply   
Sorry Tyler... did I say something bad about a Sanger... I have to go back and read... if I did.. I apologize... I try not to bash boats on these boards... I try t0 offer constructive pros and cons... but everyone has pros/cons with their boats...

Sometimes late at night... I just babble... and see if I can get people's panties in a knot.

I always tell people to test drive test drive and test drive.

As for me.. I just take anything that is free!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-28-2007, 12:06 AM Reply   
Kyle- You said nothing bad about Sanger so no worries. But you did make a money reference and I'm saying your boat costs more than most Sangers and produces less wake capability IMO of course. Maybe you were being sarcastic but you said your boat is a piece of crap... If I were a Supreme owner I'd be offended!! Oh and I think your Supreme looks pretty good, wake and color scheme.

PS- whats a Supra LSV

(Message edited by tyboarder03 on June 28, 2007)
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2007, 12:13 AM Reply   
As for some first hand experience with Supreme.
I have not had any problems that I can think of.
Boat cleats kept coming loose. Lost some of the parts which Supreme sent directly to me... and when I put them back on.. I used a dab of silicone.
The teak swim platform warped a bit... and the Platform Company sent me a new one.
My heater core cracked... probably from bad winterizing... but Heatercraft sent me new core free of charge.
My Perfect Pass surges a bit in Speed mode.. I use RPM mode for boarding.. and speed mode for Surfing... just gotta play around with settings when I am fully loaded and have a rider with strong aggressive cuts.
My Faria gauge after 3 years + shorted out on me... Faria is fixing free of charge.

My friend's Supreme... when he went in for first service... the engine mounts were all loose... had to get everything re-aligned.

My ballast pumps.. I take very good care of.... As all Jabsco owners should do....

Try and keep water in the pump.
After emptying... click on fill so the impellor fins are facing the right way... so if they do get stuck... the pump will turn over easily.

I didn't like the one piece back bench seat.. so I took it to the upholstery shop and had him cut it in half... now I can remove the seat when people are climbing over to the back.

Now I would like to get a new glove box... I pulled mine and gave it to Epic to make a mold... so of course it got wrecked... they gave me a new plastic one.. deeper and more spacious.. but it is paper thin... and the stereo is just barely hanging on in there... it will eventually crack and I will have to make something myself.

Other than that... its been a champ... are there other boats I like... absolutely...

Has my Supreme been bad... no... But I would never by the V230 or V232... they are the same hull and you will get a horrible wake.

Stick with the V220 V208 V212... or the all new 2008. V2?? Which will be out soon!

As for Sanger... I think the V210 has a VLX type of wake... where as the V215.. is not as nice of a wake as the V210... but dont know for sure...
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2007, 12:15 AM Reply   
Sorry... I think the Supra 21V???? is very close to the Moomba LSV..... I love the new hull on that LSV..... I would be mad if I had bought the LSV back in 2005... because it was a new hull in 06.... which was very similar to the Supra.... but they do say it is different...
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-28-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
I have owned both boats Supreme and Sanger. Here's what I think.

My Supreme V220 was $35K out the door... With 2400lbs, it threw a GREAT wake. Scott and I learned almost everything we know behind it, what we call "REAL" wakeboarding. For the price you cant get a better wake. Maybe not THE biggest, but it was very nicely shaped and had great pop. I think the V208 wake is even better!

My Sanger V215 was $50K...with a dealer discount and no stereo, so I def. dont think Sanger's should be considered CHEAP! The wake is the best wake I've ridden and very similar to that of the infamous X2/X1. We considered an X1, and actually liked the Sanger wake and boat better!

That being said, I don't think the BIGGER MORE EXPENSIVE companies have worked out the "BUGS" any better than Supreme or Sanger. They all have issues, and its a matter of luck and having a good dealer. I have had very little problems with either of my boats, and I have a kick a$$ dealer/shop: Tracy Boat Sales.

please stop bashing the lower priced boats just because they dont have the huge price tag and marketed name, they do the job just as well and you can save the extra cash for the real rip off...gas!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-28-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Small wake??? NOT MINE... 3000lbs i run in my 06 & 07 and wake is big, not peaky like a nautique or X1, but big,rampy and smooth. No problems on either one of mine aswell, just the ballast pumps, which I switched to the yellow impellars and now 0 issues with them. All wakeboats out there these days are solid boats, each with thier own pros and cons, spend some quality time and weight them right and get the wake dialed and theyre all great. I ride on avg 4 days out of the week - 8 mnths of the year on pretty much every boat out there(except the epic - would love to try that bad boy out soon) and all the boats and all the wakes are great - just different in their own way.

NO respect for the supreme wake? PM me, come out to the delt and ride mine, then jump on any one of my homies setups (x1, vlx, SV230, Naut 210, Sanger v210, MB v23, cent avalnache, cent warrior, Calb pro v) and theres usually 3 or 4 of us out at the same time. Then tell me what you think.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-28-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
kyle - on your last pic, looks like you can extend your rope another 5 feet and get that extra lip back there.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
i hear ya!!! I keep if short for those just learning to go wake to wake... We usually ride at 75....

I tell ya... one thing a lot of people dont know about supreme... the wake with no weight... is good... and as you add weight.. the shape doesnt change.. it just gets bigger...

A lot of other boats I have tested... as you added weight... sometimes the shape changes...

I have no complaints.. Wish I would have paid $90,000 for it... they may get a little more respest then... hahahah
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-28-2007, 10:45 PM Reply   
So it looks like the question has been answered.
Both are good boats w/ respectable wakes for
"real wakeboarding", w/ or w/o ballast.
I know alot of it seems to be personal opinion, but every bit helps.
My next boat will be one of the two because of price. I want to get the best boat for my budget.
No matter what boat i get it wont make me a better rider, or will it.
I just dont want to buy the "obviously" wrong boat, ie my 87 Four Winns. Had I only known.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-29-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
Marc, I've owned a Supreme Comp and sold it went to the Calabria pro-v in 2005, bought a 2006 Calabria pro-v because I liked the color scheme better. I don't have a dealership in my area for either. Only problem I've had is with the DHM trailer the Calabria comes on. Both boats the axle's bent. DHM is very nice and worked to get them fixed from Calafornia so I've got no issues. The Calabria folks in CA have been more than great to work with. When we're at the lake on Sat/Sun parked next to the big names people come look at mine because they've never seen one before. I give many rides to advanced riders and all have been more than pleased without me filling up the extra 600lbs in the back two compartments. If you find something you like try it...
Old    stillstandin            06-29-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
Ive onwed a Supreme, and now a Sanger. My 03 Sky 220 (direct drive) was a great boat, never had any problems with it, except for a shredded drive belt which was fixed quickly. With some extra weight, the boat threw a nice wake, learned the basics about boarding, and boating with that boat. I now own a Sanger V215. Def has nicer fit and finish than my Supreme did. I would not turn my nose up at a Supreme.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-03-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Deal or no deal on the Supreme?