Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    robertt            07-02-2005, 7:48 PM Reply   
First, I know I do not need a new board...but at what stage in riding do you think that a CWB Sol with Mobe bindings should be replaced. The money side is secondary....I use it almost every day so its easy to justify.

I just started a month ago or so, but wanted to know at what stage it will matter. I have a wakeboard boat....but on my lake I cant use a ballast so if a certain board will work better on smaller wakes that is a huge plus.

The biggest thing is my size...I am 6'5" and 250lbs. The sol is a 141 I think, or real close to it.

The binding feel OK, but hurt after about ten minutes...I wear a size 13-14 shoe.

So, when do you think I should get at least new bindings...does it make that big of a difference?

There is no local shop to speak of.....at my size what do you think is the best board/binding combo that I will be happy with?

Lastly, at my height and weight I have been told that I should have my bindings spread all the way....does that make sense?

Thanks in advance!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-02-2005, 11:45 PM Reply   
The Mobe bindings are a good binding, but there are better out there. Get new bindings. Try out the Liquid Force Transits. If you get the right size, and break 'em in, your feet won't hurt at all. Bindings make all the difference. If you were to wait until '06 I know that CWB is going to do some cool things with bindings.

As far as your board, bottom line is you need something bigger. 141 is the absolute smallest board I would recommend for you. Hyperlite is the only company that I know that makes big boards, I know they make the State 145, and the Era 147. Both good boards. Some Transits with the State or Era would probably do you good.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-03-2005, 12:44 AM Reply   
I am 6'4" and weigh 250. I ride a Hyperlite Motive 144 w/ '03 Parks bindings size XXL. I love them both, and have no issues with my feet hurting.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-03-2005, 5:23 AM Reply   
Look into the Hyperlite State package. The 145 would be good and wont hold you back.
Old     (bmfb)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
the state's 3 stage rocker should help considering the lack of ballast.