Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2004, 3:24 AM Reply   
Flight Control Tower

New Dimension Towers just completed their first Nautique wakeboard tower modeled exactly after a 93-97 Sport Nautique. This is an exact-fit OEM type tower that is slightly improved over the OEM SAN Flight Control Tower.

There was a huge void for people that want an OEM Nautique look for an older boat. Eventually New Dimensions will offer exact-fit towers for all popular Nautique models.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/new_dimension_wakeboard_towers/new_dimension_nautique_flight_control_tower
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-29-2004, 4:52 AM Reply   
Does anyone know what an OEM tower from a nautique dealer is? I am pretty sure it's only around $2,000.
Old    ag4ever            05-29-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
It looks like they must be paying a stiff royalty to CC. Still the $300 surcharge would probably be less than buying a CC FCT and having it re-made.

But for $2,300, I would just use a pole!
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
I don't think that a Nautique dealer has a tower that exactly fits a 93-97 Sport Nautique.

The royalty that New Dimension Towers pays to CC is the same as every other tower manufacturer. It is not higher because it looks exactly like the FCT.

Mike
Old    ag4ever            05-29-2004, 8:22 PM Reply   
Wow, that is supprising. I would figure CC would want more because it is an "exact" copy. That is to be taken loosly.

BTW, the exact fit thing is why I said that you would ahve to buy a FCT and have it customized. Somebody here did that to their 2001, and it looks sharp.
Old     (xxxlair)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-29-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
You need to check your facts. You CAN put a FCT on a '93-'97 Sport Nautique. I don't know why you would buy a copycat when you could buy the real thing for about the same price!
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-30-2004, 12:24 AM Reply   
I'm not really sure what is available from CC for older boats. I heard somewhere about needing to modify the FCT to fit on some of the older models and I'm not sure which ones. I do know that the ND tower fits the 93-97 Sport Nautique exactly.

I talked to Wayne Hartford, the owner of New Dimension Towers, about the FCT tower on Friday and he told me that he improved the design of the joints over the original FCT tower. I need to get more details from him and post it on our site next week.

xxlair- Do you know the price of the FCT tower from a CC dealership. Something to consider when buying online is that you get free shipping, no sales tax, and reward points (worth 10% in store credit). Not everyone is near a CC dealership, so the convenience of having it arrive at your door is important to some.

Mike
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-30-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
We got our image gallery working for this tower. We will add more images as we get them.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/index.php?page=images&id=26&f=26.jpg

Mike
Old    ag4ever            05-30-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
I don't know what it is, but the top of that tower just looks too square. I like how my FCT tapers in at the top. It makes the boat look a lot more ballanced.
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-31-2004, 7:58 PM Reply   
I just got my FCT for $1550 bare metal. Paying an extra $150 for powdercoating. Less than $100 shipping. You do the math..... All original, with the decals. Talk with Henrick at Ski Nautique of Miami. I am sure he will give the same deal to anyone. He is a great guy.