Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Andy_Elliott)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-19-2012, 6:12 PM Reply   
hi guys, so last day of riding last summer i ran over my line (im dumb) and it was getting dark and i sacrificed it to the water and cut it off my prop.

anyway now i need a new line and i dont know what to get. im looking at LF and i just wanna know which kind of line the pros use. im sure theres one line that most pros use and i want that one.

my old line had this hard coating on it and i did not like that.

any insight on liens would be great. Thanks !
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-20-2012, 11:32 PM Reply   
IF you want to stick with liquidforce and don't like the plastic PU coating then the "Dyneema" lines would be best. get one in a light color so you will see it easier to limit running over it again.
You may also consider the "flight line" as well. it actually has a PU coating too, but the coating is around each strand and not a shell/tube around the whole entire rope.
The LF "vision" lines have a PU shell so you will want to avoid those if you don't like the coating.

Many Pros use the lines with the hard coating because it coils easier in storage and it glides through your fingers easier.
what is it that you don't like about the coating?
Old     (Andy_Elliott)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-21-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
thanks! The coating on my old line was actually really rough and cut up my fingers sliding through my hand and was nearly impossible to coil and always got tangled. i had some crappy store bought brand though so maybe that was the problem. the bad thing is im gonna have to order online as there's no shops where i live to actually feel the ropes.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Elliott View Post
thanks! The coating on my old line was actually really rough and cut up my fingers sliding through my hand and was nearly impossible to coil and always got tangled. i had some crappy store bought brand though so maybe that was the problem. the bad thing is im gonna have to order online as there's no shops where i live to actually feel the ropes.
You should not have a problem with any of the coated lines doing this. you would have to leave the rope out in the sun for days and or run it over to put cracks and edges in the coating. Buy a coated line from LF, Straight Line, Proline, Accurate, or any other brand connected to a wakeboard brand with a big name and you will be set.
in my opinion, the only drawback to a coated line is that you cant tie it off wherever you want. you must use the loops of the sections that it comes with. if you try to tie or loop it around the tow hitch mid-line with the coating then it could damage it.

As for a new handle. especially since you will be buying online and cant feel it first... safe bet would be any handle with a leather/ shammy type grip. very comfortable and grippy
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
If you are looking to buy a combo (rope and handle) then this might be a good option with a cheap price. There might be cheaper out there, but this is what i found on a quick search. these are ropes with a tubular coating on them by the way.
http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboard-...ft-a-line.aspx

if you want just a rope for a good price. again, not guaranteeing it is lowest price
http://boardersmall.com/xcart/produc...cat=371&page=1

be sure to stay away from the colors blue and black and other dark colors as they are least visible in the water
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
if you want even cheaper i have heard good things about this one, but have not used it myself. it is kinda going against the recommend to buy from a wakeboarding brand, but i have seen this one come up on the wakeworld forums multiple times for a good cheap option
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CIMBEPMCMAE
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
the evogear website link takes you to a blue colored rope, but there is an orange option
Old     (Andy_Elliott)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-21-2012, 6:12 PM Reply   
Thanks Jeremy i think im gonna go with the accurate combo you posted...in orange, my old line being dark blue definitely did not help with running it over.