Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-14-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
So I saw this post in the Harley 1 set thread.

"I find it really funny you see all these wake companies go out and spend good money on making videos and put a lot of time and energy into making great sections, and this kid goes out with the help of Norbi and just throws down the most insane 3 minutes of riding I've ever seen. I'm not knocking all the sweet videos that are out now but this section seems to have it all for me, and was made with no weird angles, no stupid animations, and great tricks."

Which I brought up last night over some beers one the lake with my fellow wakeboard bretheren. What affect does this have on the wakeboard video community and wakeboarding as a whole.

I know for me that I need fresh video constantly, I cannot tell you how many hours I would spend in the past searching Youtube for fresh new video. Norbi and others are filling a Giant void in wakeboarding, feeding the constant need for new fresh video, up until a few years ago the content on wakeboargingmag.com and alliancewake.com did really get updated daily, maybe weekly if we were lucky. Now there are fresh videos posted almost every day. I think it's people like Norbi, Shredtown, Spencer, and others that are pushing this to happen. Thanks guys. Somebody also stated in that thread they, "love Norbi's videos but nothing gets them more pumped than a full length video." There is something magical about getting that new wake DVD in the mail or at the pro shop, unwrapping it, and popping it in the DVD player. Its much like buying a new CD, verses downloading it. But overall I have to disagree here, I love that I can watch them on my phone. My wakeboard community extends far beyond my house, my lake, I love that whenever Norbi posts a video I can blast an email to everyone I ride with for them to check it out and share the stoke.

I must say the level of riding and the crew that Norbi is riding an filming is amazing, your in the right place at the right time man. The latest Harley video is honestly the best set of wakeboarding I have ever seen. The Rathy videos out of this world. Keep it up Bro.

Which leads me back to my original question, with these viral videos becoming the norm are we going to see a end or a least a decline in full length videos? Or is this something that is going to help guys like Norbi to get backing (financial backing) to start shooting full length videos and become the next generation of Ronnie's and Stephens?