Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-27-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
OK, so one of the things I enjoy about WW is that it is fairly unrestrictive about the types of stuff you can embed. On one hand, it isn't automated, so you have to know what you are doing, but on the other hand, it allows almost embedding anything I have tried.

However, for some reason, and this has driven me nuts (no reflection on WW or DW), I cannot embed flickr slideshows. When I paste in the embed code, it just doesn't work. At least they don't today.

iFrames do work though. What is an iframe? An iframe is a section of a webpage that is really a page on another site within a page, almost like a browser within a browser. So I figured, I can make a dynamic page on wake9 that serves up flickr slideshows, and make it designed to be embedded, then use an iframe in WW. So I did that, and it works. So here is a flickr slideshow:

If you would like to use this to post your flickr slide shows, feel free. Don't worry, it won't add a wake9.com watermark, I swear. ;-)

Just copy this code below, and substitute 2 things. Get the SET number from the flickr slideshow and put it in place of the "sid=" and your flickr userid in place of the "aid=". So, here is the code I used for my slideshow:

HTML Code:
<iframe src="http://wake9.com/post_content/ww-flickr-slideshow.php?sid=72157624535627683&aid=wake9" width="800" height="600"></iframe>
So if your flickr set number is "2135234534343" and your flickr user id was "badbob" then your code would look like:

HTML Code:
<iframe src="http://wake9.com/post_content/ww-flickr-slideshow.php?sid=2135234534343&aid=badbob" width="800" height="600"></iframe>
And just paste that in your post.
Old    surfdad            09-28-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
Ok so I wanted to try this. I found a set of sequence shots where James stalled an ollie oop and rode the board backside switch and the board was revert. I had to ask Robert's help with the sid and aid mumbo-jumbo, so if it doesn't work it's HIS FAULT!

Old    surfdad            09-28-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
That's not an ollie 3! Part of an air reverse, but still - the slide show worked! Thanks Robert.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
Very cool. I love the flickr slide shows, they are my favorite, and you can go full screen if you want. Sometime, its gets so burdensome to past picture after picture into a post, and posting a slide show makes it much easier, and I like hitting next, next, and working through.

Nice stall btw.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2010, 8:51 AM Reply   
no problem. If more people use it, I will make a tool to paste in a slideshow url, and it will make the code for posting here.
Old    surfdad            09-28-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
Hey Robert, one thing that was a nuisance was getting the order into the flickr slideshow. I selected the sequence shots and then uploaded them in a batch - well then they showed up in reverse order, so I deleted those and created a new set, uploading them in reverse order. But those didn't get posted in upload order OR alpha/numeric order it was sort of random so I had to create the slde show manually. Is that just how flickr is or am I doing something weird?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
I upload from aperture, and if you do it from an app like that, it usually will follow your order in your app. But otherwise, go to the SET in flicker and then you will see a menu above the main thumbnail. One of those menus is ARRANGE. Click on that, and then pick how you want them arranged. Then say "YES, SAVE".