Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-31-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
Hey All,
I was just thinking about how much I love wakeboarding and how this site has contributed to that love. If anyone has benefited from Wakeworld it has been me, I have use and abused this site to its fullest over the last six or seven years. This got me to thinking about all the people who I should thank that I probably haven't...

First, thanks to David Williams!
Thanks to Wakeworld!
Thanks to Correct Craft and the Golden Calf, my 2006 SANSE 210
Thanks to my dealer, Century Marine!
Thanks to my boss for letting me take Saturdays off!
and most important, thanks to all my friends - past, present, and future!

Everyone has had a huge impact on my life and happiness... and I am sorry if I put you through any BS, I know I probably have. Thanks for putting up with me.

When I tell people that I have spent 95% of all my Saturdays over the last seven years at the lake wakeboarding and having fun, people ask what I like so much about wakeboarding. They can't imagine why I would like it so much, especially after they see or hear about:
- shattering my leg
- my deformed, completely smashed finger
- dislocating my knee
- the medical bills and all the surgeries
- the boat drama, repairs, and associated boat costs
- the time spent on maintenance
- the time spent planning and the disappointment of people not showing up when they say they will
- blowing up transmissions in my truck and all other truck maintenance
- finding someone's underwear in the backseat of the truck that I don't even know, not mention all the other trash they left behind
- finally getting to the lake only to have it blown out with white-caps
- having Johnny Law continually pulling us over for "Safety Checks" (they are really just checking out the ladies on the boat)
- buying and breaking tons of gear
- and many, many other things that I can't remember...

They just can't figure it out.

To me nothing is better than that last set on glass, right before dawn, after all the other boats have gone home, landing a trick that I have been working on all summer, and mostly, just spending time with my buddies! It doesn't get any better than that, at least for me!

Thanks WakeWorld!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-31-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-31-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
Oh wait, wrong thread.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-31-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Love the boat!
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-31-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
chatt, i cannot tell you how much i just laughed and how loud it was. what a great ending to my day. hhahahahaha. i'm still laughing that was awesome. on a side note. that is a fine boat. bet that cow makes some good ballast. just don't let him tear up your seat like a coon. (i think i just hinted at 3 other threads in this one post...go me.).
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-31-2012, 2:07 PM Reply   
That is one of the many things I love about this forum... as a side note a neighborhood cat had kittens under my observer's seat a couple weeks ago. I found them on Saturday morning and had to evict them so we could go to the lake!
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-31-2012, 2:43 PM Reply   
The wake behind that thing looks washed and crumbly.

I hate cows on boats.

Wait, wrong thread.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-31-2012, 10:04 PM Reply   
Glad we can provide the forum to you! It's crazy because I started thinking about all the people I ride with and hang out with and 90% of them come from the WakeWorld forums! Is that sad or cool??
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-01-2012, 6:28 AM Reply   
Surprised you came back..

Great post.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-01-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Glad we can provide the forum to you! It's crazy because I started thinking about all the people I ride with and hang out with and 90% of them come from the WakeWorld forums! Is that sad or cool??
My wife thinks it is funny that I meet guys on the internet........ I try to tell her it is not like that, and she just goes, "uh huh"
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-02-2012, 6:59 AM Reply   
^my wife says the same thing, I told her I could meet women to go ride with instead dudes, she said keep doing what you're doing....
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-02-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
X3
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
I'd swear you did this post within the last two years Sam...not a bad thing but did you do one like this previously? By the way get your butt back in the Non-Wakeboarding section all the libs miss you ~
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-04-2012, 9:40 PM Reply   
Maybe the same post... I know I'm still thankful for the friends I have and the stuff I can share with them!

After seeing some of the threads on this site and the less fortunate people everywhere I look, I just have to say thanks!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
After seeing some of the threads on this site and the less fortunate people everywhere I look, I just have to say thanks!
I hear ya