Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-09-2011, 4:08 AM Reply   
We haven't been skiing in 2 years and when we do we ski Winter Park CO. Usually we go the week before spring break for epic conditions and minimal lift lines and punks.
Problem is Feb-March is my crazy busy time of year for business. I was loosing too much on top of spending what it costs to ski a family of 5. With that in mind we decided to try a Christmas trip this year.
My sister and mom live in Denver.
I have the plane tickets paid for. Four nights in the on mountain house paid for. 1 day in S school for all three kiddos organized. And we are all set, right?
Nope. 18" at Winter Park and they have I think 17 of 480 trails open. Mary Jane isn't even open at all.

We fly in on the 22nd. I know CO weather is crazy and anything can happen but we need several feet, not a dusting.

Oh well, the kids will have just as much fun anyway with a cardboard box.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-09-2011, 7:20 AM Reply   
Just drive in to the summit. I bet they have more snow.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-09-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
There's no snow in California either. Tahoe is bare. This is the weakest start to a season that I can remember.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-09-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
I have been to Breck a few times. Its not bad at all, they just opened Peak 7 today. I am sure we will get a storm before Christmas.
Old    SamIngram            12-09-2011, 10:37 AM Reply   
I have a nice cabin in Fraser for sale/rent...
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-09-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
Little late Sam, but send me the details. maybe a spring session could be done. I like that area. are you up on the hill looking South?
Old    SamIngram            12-09-2011, 12:27 PM Reply   
No, I'm down in the valley. I don't even know what the place looks like. It came with a timber purchase. My cousin has lived in it for the last six years. I doubt it is in very good shape, he sort of lived an alternative lifestyle so to speak... He worked at the newspaper in Fraser, was a waiter at some restaurant, and did tattoos and piercings there too... His nickname is Swany if you are a local, you know him.

It doesn't really have an address. The legal address is 1717 South Boomwhip Rd, Fraser, Co. If you go to the cemetery and go south past "the hill" and keep going on County Road 72 for 11 miles you will be on the property, 26 acres. It should be cleaned up and on the market by April.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       12-09-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
I dunno about CO but at least for CA it's looking like we have to wait until the end of this month and January until the snow storms roll through, but they are suppose to be epic.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       12-09-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
It will get better by Christmas. We could get a system that dumps multiple feet. This is my first year getting the Copper/Winter Park pass (usually get the 5 mountain). I'm hoping for some big things out of WP this season!
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-09-2011, 2:39 PM Reply   
Lake Louise (Alberta) was skiing quite nice, as is Marmot Basin

I've already had a boot deep powder day ...new snow would be great though!

Pray for La Nina!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-12-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
Still dry in California, and no big storms projected for at least the next 10 days.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-12-2011, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Still dry in California, and no big storms projected for at least the next 10 days.
This sucks.. I am ready to shred some powpow..
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-13-2011, 2:32 PM Reply   
Should get some action out of this big system moving east. Hopefully it dumps for ya.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-13-2011, 6:02 PM Reply   
Not much.... but some.
Looking like maybe an inch tonight and four or five more Thursday.
I need feet, not inches. Oh well, like i said the kids will have fun in a slush puddle.