Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       03-22-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
A little clip from last October on Okanagan Lake, nice wave!! Wish we had a surf style board though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZPdtaIdzlw
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-22-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
Is it me or is he really only surfing one wake. There are two wakes, but he's only surfing his toe side wake, right?
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       03-23-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
I wouldn't say he is only surfing on the one wake, majority of the time he on his toeside edge, but is in the big pocket of the 2 wakes quite a bit. I would love to show you some other guys hitting it but this is the only vid we took, can't argue with the size and potential of that wave though.......
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-23-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
So much potential!
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
One of the better double's I've seen. I'd love to have a go at it.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-26-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
I will post the vid of us behind 2 LSV's,

The waves create a huge pit there they meet and suck you down. Plus it is hard to hold speed and have the other boat catch up with so much weight.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       03-26-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
From my experience the spot where the waves meet actually boost's you forward very quickly. This is why I want to try it with a more traditional surf style board/bigger finned board, it would be fun to play with that extra speed......

No problem holding speed with 2 boats that have perfect pass............
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-26-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
We tried the double thing at the Morse Lake Indiana gathering last year. The wake didn't develop nearly as well as in the video. The one person surfing got sucked into the center. The force generated by the center when feel hurt his leg.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-26-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
"
No problem holding speed with 2 boats that have perfect pass............"

It isn't holding the speed, it is getting up to speed to catch the other boat.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       03-26-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
start off at the same time and stop at the same time......
Old    mobster            03-26-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
The Lake Nacimiento 2 Clip @www.mobgroup.tv is all 2 boat wakes
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/img/21039

Sorry just found it.....
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-25-2007, 11:57 PM Reply   
hey jl your a kook man, stay outa the water or i may have to carate chop you in the neck. besides i do know a few guys who got barrles out there. hey send me thoes skate pics from the spillway.
Old    mobster            04-26-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   
Johnny you are the bigger kook you land the 1st ever benny hana free surfing. but not during the comp then you make the biggest drop at the spillway skate session but you won't shave your head to join the Clampers that's wak just got bak from santa cruz looking at the footie now 9 hours left to capture
great showing at the comp now you can tell your mom your in the mob and the ninja turtles want their wet suit back
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
Hey J.L.; When are you guys going to Santa Cruz to Grinch? I have some fresh Carne Asada in the works ready to throw down onto the grill. I'd like to hook up with you guys over there.
Old    mobster            04-26-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
We will be back at Santa Cruz for the grinch demo tour in the middle of may will post the dates soon We have to pick up our trailer & motor home from our sponsers Shawk Board gear www.shawkboardgear.com next week so we will be in santa cruz for that Santa Cruz was sick we hooked up with boys Barney, Homer Henard, Adam Reploge, Nelly from transworld will be posting video soon winching, wakesurfing, 2 skating sessions, and some Clamper hazing for some humor mobgroup.tv
Old    mobster            04-26-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Hey Greg thanks for the Grinds at the South Shore Tulloch you da man official bbq of the MoB
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-27-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
yea i skined a ninja turtle for that suit. my mom was pretty upset when she found out that i joined the mob... until she found out what the mob was haha.yea i have some perfecting of the bennie hana to do before i throw it in a contest. but hey i have tried 3 shuvits ever wakesurfing and all have come out bad, and i just threw one and landed it in the contest so thats pretty good right. any way im gunna come grinch with you guys soon.
Old    mobster            04-28-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
Check out the skate page also the grinch mobile page for new clips good on ya johnny
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-02-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
j.l do you have a myspace page as well?
Old    mobster            05-02-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
MoB Group Productions@myspace.com We Just started playing with it. If you want to do some work on it i will give you the password To much time to maintain 2 web sites plus my other stuff, The movie should be done this week setting up the store editing both Hydro-Dynamics & the tulloch stuff Late JLUpload
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-09-2007, 12:32 AM Reply   
ya jl shoot me the password to my email and i will add some goodies to the mob group myspace page. see if i cant get some friends on there for ya!
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-09-2007, 2:59 PM Reply   
He should have went back and forth to both wakes. That would have been sick. Cool Video!
Old     (shawk)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2007, 11:56 PM Reply   
Santa Cruz stop "Grinch Tour" more photos available www.shawkboardgear.com or www.shawkboardgear.smugmug.com
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
yea i was with the boys all day on sunday at the rock during thier tour. im gunna meet up with them again during their la stops.
Old    mobster            05-26-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
1st demo clip is on the grinch mobile page
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-26-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
jl is the master.
Old    mobster            05-26-2007, 11:24 PM Reply   
Good work on the my space page Johnny, 3 stops left on the tour more clips to come JL
Old    mobster            05-29-2007, 11:05 PM Reply   
Morro Bay clip is up on the grinch mobile page