Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-09-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
Hey, I will be in Panama City March 7 - 11 for my spring break, and I was wondering if there is anybody out there that would be willing to take me riding with them sometime. I can throw some money your way!
Old    blind5            02-09-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
i go to auburn, and will down there march the 26-30 to compete in the collegate nationals on the 28. sorry, that your spring break isn't later cause that is a pretty bad ass event, just like pc always is. we tow a boat down there and go riding everyday about 20 min. away from the strip in a freshwater lake.

what school do you go to?
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-09-2004, 10:42 PM Reply   
I go to Washington University in St. Louis. Yeah, it sucks that our spring break is so early, I'm really itching to ride. A friend of mine has a house about a block from the beach, so a few of us are crashing there. Kick some ass at nationals...they give away a boat to the school that wins don't they?
Old    watarski            02-11-2004, 5:19 AM Reply   
Rob - Do you know what lake you ride at while you're down here? Deer Point or White Western?

Craig
Old    blind5            02-11-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
Tom, they give a boat away to the top 5 finishers, by school.
1st-X-star
2nd-SAN
3rd-VLX
4th-Supra
5th-Moomba

Craig-i think we ride at deer point, the water's not real clear, right?

(Message edited by blind5 on February 11, 2004)
Old    watarski            02-11-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
That's right. It's more like tea than water. We'll have to hook up with you guys when you get down here. Last year Andrew Adkison brought his fresh out of the shrink wrap X-2 out there...maybe he'll be up here again this year.

craig
Old    blind5            02-11-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
ya, andrew showed us where deer point was before everything got started up last year. and yes he should be there this year. last year i had to worked the nautique tent, but the dealer that puts their boat down there hasn't asked me to work it yet.

do you normaly ride deer point?
Old    watarski            02-11-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
I ride Deer Point the majority of the time. I keep my boat up there, so it's real convenient. Sometimes we'll shoot 15 minutes up the road to White Western. That lake is insane. It's a clear, spring fed lake with white sand. Pretty much everyone that rides in Panama City got started at White Western.

craig
Old    blind5            02-13-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
sounds like a bad ass lake we might have to try it out
last year we rode deer pint for about 6 days and didn't see another rider the whole time.
tell me if this sounds right we rode in a cove to the right of the ramp were we put in
Old    blind5            02-13-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
that lake must be bad a, we sould ride there.
last year we just rode deer point, tell me if this sounds right we rode in a cove to the right of the ramp where we put in, maybe. we didn't see another rider the whole 6 days we rode there
Old    watarski            02-13-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
Deer Point doesn't have too many regulars other than me and the people I ride with. If the cove you were riding in has a slalom course on it, I know where you're talking about - that's the best place on the lake to ride. If you guys want to hit up White Western, let me know. It's private, but a good friend has access through his own ramp.
Old    blind5            02-15-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
sounds good. we will bring down a new super air and go check it out. i thought that my post up above had not gone through right, i don't know what happen.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       02-15-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
Hey Tom,
Where do you go while you are in STL?
Tim