Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
so apparently byerly is starting his own company [no longer riding for hyperlite], and now i'm hearing parks left hyperlite? who's he riding for? and when did this happen?
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-08-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Grant
He will be riding for Hype but under his own companies name and designs.
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-08-2006, 9:21 PM Reply   
that makes absolutly no sense
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-09-2006, 2:55 AM Reply   
Makes good sense, the new ceo of hyperlite came from Nike, they manufactured "Air Jordan" brand shoes and clothing to capatilize on the fame of Michael Jordan. Probably the same for Byerly. There was a long thread about Parks leaving to join Herb Obrien's new company a couple weeks back.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-09-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
exactly. byerly has his own product line now, still owned and produced by hyperlite.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-09-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
This is going to sound crazy... but correct me if I am wrong but has Byerly really even riden a wakeboard much in the last couple years. It makes me wonder what kind of shapes he will make now. I really respect him and am sure he can produce a good product but his devotion to skating really makes me wonder.
Old     (kacer)      Join Date: May 2006       07-09-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
I'm guessing it's going to be a wakeskate line?
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-09-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
A lot of the features you see on todays shapes have been inspired by byerly... im sure his shapes will be nice no matter what
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       07-09-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
pretty sure he qualified for the tour this year...
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       07-09-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
check out retrospect and give the man the respect he truly deserves
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Pretty sure he did not quailfy for the tour and I own retrospect. His only recent footage in that movie was on a skate. I too think this will be a skate line which will probably be very inovative. Do not get me wrong I have tons of respect for this guy.