Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-23-2012, 9:14 AM Reply   
I am in recovery mode after an apparent concussion. I guess I went to last night and rode and took a hit and got off balance and landed kinda backwards and rocked my head. Don't remember much and what I can feels like a dream. Got a lot to sort out. Don't know why I am posting, maybe for some insight. Went to the ER and they seem to think it is ok. I guess I had an MRI that I don't remember. I guess my wife was pregnant that I don't remember and I had a daughter I couldn't describe. I was calling my dog my babysitters dogs name.

Obviously still messed up. I'm not even on the drugs I have been prescribed yet. Whoh
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-23-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
Get better soon. Rest up!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-23-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
Be careful and make sure you have someone around you at all times over the next week especially while sleeping. Best of wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-23-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
Nobody has said it yet so......................Congrats! you are having a baby!

Heal up soon
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-23-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Is the fall that broke my head going to be the one that sells the boat? Not sure where I am going from here. I feel a little better but I need my Vicodin soon, and another nap. Hopefully my wife gets out there soon to get it for me. She wants me to go but not sure if I can stand the sun in my face right now.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-23-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
I had a similar experience. Now I rock a helmet. I wear it "for the kids".
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-23-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
When you have a concussion the best thing to do is rest your brain and almost be in sensory deprivation so that your brain can heal, that means not doing anything that makes your brain work harder. That means no TV music,Internet whatever... even excess conversation with your wife.. so I hope this is the last thing you read.... they say that's this is the best way and the quickest way to recover from a concussion.

Hope you feel better.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-23-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hey honey, doctor said I'm not supposed to listen to you for a while.

Someone smack me on the head please
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-23-2012, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by raf1985 View Post
hey honey, doctor said i'm not supposed to listen to you for a while.

lol!
Old     (tige21i)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2012, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
Hey honey, doctor said I'm not supposed to listen to you for a while.

Just pretend the wall is my hand.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
wow. that sounds pretty bad. I've gotten rocked hard enough to lose my memory for the day. Your situation sounds a little more severe. Rest up. For me, bits and pieces of the day started to come back over the course of a few weeks.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-25-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
Been there dood! Had to take 4 days off work to let the swelling in my brain go down so that I could remember where I worked and what I was working on! Once the swelling subsides you'll start to remember stuff. Took me about a week to remember everything but I still to this day don't remember the day it happend.... waking up, getting in the boat, hospital, MRI, ride home, everything is just stories... dont remember a thing.

Don't let it get you down bro... sh*t happens. Keep riding!!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-25-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
A few years back I got a concussion the night before I was supposed to fly down to Florida to go to the Wakeboard Camp. Needless to say that didn't happen. Had to put it off for a month.
I was not right for about 2-3 weeks after I had mine and the first few days were weird. I remember my first day back at work I had a conversation with a customer and by the time I hung up the phone I couldn't remember what we had talked about. Take it easy and rest. A concussion can take a while for the brain to heal and make you feel right again.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
For a sever concussion you should definitely not ride until the doctor gives you the "all clear". If you were to go out too soon and do it again, it could very well be fatal. Not worth it.

Congrats on the kid, and good luck finding your daughter in a crowd.