Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    wickedwake            09-15-2004, 3:45 PM Reply   
Who here has transit bindings? I just want some opinions on them. So what do you think? Im going to wait on the 05's. Im concerned with the FAST system b/c everytime i ride my buddies Sphynx's they come loose when i land hard in the flats. Hopefully LF will have this worked out. But are the transits comfortable? How is the high ankle support? Anything you dislike? thanks! Clay
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
i have the transits but i dont really use them anymore since i got the temets. but they're comfortable but my foot still cramped after a while..but the landings are nice, they arnt made for support as much as they are comfort but they still do give you nice ankle support for being lace up. thye did come lose on me after a couple rides which sux. but they're a nice binding
Old    wickedwake            09-15-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
Hmm, well you dont sound too convincing :-). Are they worth 300$? Do you think they are LF's best binding?
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
haha i wouldnt pay that much for them. but thats only becuz i dont have to. i have my pair if your interested
Old    martini            09-15-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
own them...love them...one of the best bindings ever..i'm looking forward to the team edition!
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2004, 5:22 PM Reply   
i have a substance 134 too..could give you a sweet deal
Old    wickedwake            09-15-2004, 5:38 PM Reply   
Are the Transits 05's? How about the substance? Name your price.

bigtaco_usmc@yahoo.com
Old    wickedwake            09-15-2004, 5:39 PM Reply   
Pete: Team edition of the transits? Deatils?...i havent heard anything about them. When will they be released?
Old    trickskisrock            09-15-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Most comfortable bindings ever. Especially if you like a high ankle support. Still the most comfortable bindings I've ever ridden. Haven't tried all the new LF gear for '05 yet though.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-15-2004, 5:44 PM Reply   
Yeah i too am waiting for the 05 Teams. My buddy has 04 Transits and i personally didn't like them but that is only because i have a thin foot and my feet were swimming in them. If it helps i ride 03 Exo's and love them but everyone i know hates them. I am looking forward to the Team bindings here is a link:

http://wake.com.au/modules.php?name=Bindings&id=36
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-15-2004, 6:16 PM Reply   
I have 04's and had the opportunity to demo 04 parks bindings and the 04 temets. I was sold on the parks except that I felt they were difficult to get out of when I wanted to. I tried the Transits at the shop, and they were easy in...easy out too. I agree with Randy as I also have narrow feet, but I crank them down pretty tight and they are great. Oh, and they were almost $100 bones cheaper than the parks or temets. FWIW I ride an 04 Byerly, so I am not a brand loyal shopper...I buy what works for me.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       09-15-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
Those of you with narrow feet like myself will appreciate that Liquid Force is making bindings in a large narrow or XL narrow for 05. The large narrow uses the large footbed with medium overlays, and the XL uses the XL footbed with large overlays. The Team binding looks a bit like a basketball shoe, and is supposed to be super comfortable. It has a lace up the front and the rear that are both tightened at the same time by pulling the set of laces in the rear. I'll try and post a couple pictures here:
2005 LF Team binding
05 Team binding back
I'm supposed to be getting a pair to try out from my rep soon, so I'll try and remember to post a review.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    wickedwake            09-15-2004, 8:08 PM Reply   
Yeah, ive seen the Team's before, i thought you said "team transits" I may go for the Teams but they are FUGLY (that matters to me :-) ) It will be a few months before i get new bindings so hopefully some others will be ginea pigs and let us know how they are.

What does high ankle support help??
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-16-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
wont those get really heavy when they soak up with water?
Old    scorched_ice7            09-16-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
I have the Transits and really like them. It took along time for me too break mine in though. I ordered mine online and they sent me 1 size too small, but it wasnt too bad as I was a 11, which is right at L and XL. Anyway it took awhile to break them in so they wouldnt hurt the top of my foot but they are very comfortable now. Very easy entry and exit. I think they are supportive. Because of them being so snug over the top of my foot I dont tighten the top laces at all but the ankle laces I pull as tight as they go and they hold very solid.

They do get heavier when wet but when Im riding it doesnt even feel like Im in bindings or anything is weighting me down.
Old    wickedwake            09-16-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
What are the main features of the new Teams that make them so great? Right now it's a toss up between them and the Transists.
Old    martini            09-16-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Clay-i really like the Team color ways...but, thats just me...they are differnet from the normal
blacks,greys and reds and blues everybody and their brother have been using for decades now...

they are based off the transit model, but offer some different tension points and some revamped lacing attachments...

just some small improvements to allready impresive binding...

i would wait and score the teams...but, if not the transits are sweet!
Old    martini            09-16-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
leo-why would you think they would get heavy???
they are not made out of leather???
Old    dm180502            09-16-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
I have been riding the tansits all summer(riding buddy has them) and love the fit and the footbed. I have to say they are the most comfortable binding I have tried. Problem is they are disposable, the part where they attach to the base plate is a horrible design. If you look the way they attached the screws form the side doesn't spread out the force at all. If you look at the Alphas they were done correctly. My buddies blew out in this location last weekend as I have heard many others have done. Basicaly they are an awesome fit but wont even last a season of hard use. I personally am looking for another binding for my new board as I cant see having the warranty run out after 1 year and be told "Tough luck" by Liquid Force as they did with the Pro Suctions.
Old    wickedwake            09-16-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
Does anyone know when LF is releasing the Team's? Sounds like they are what i want after all.

Jake: Is the mounting plate supposed to be any better on the Teams?
Old    dm180502            09-16-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
This is actually the first I've ever even heard of the teams, however looking at the picture above it looks as though they have made the same mistake as with the Transits. I dont understand why they would overlook such a problem 2 years in a row when it could kill their reputation. If you look close at the base of the binding they have the plastic strip holding the upper boot material from the side again rather than rapping it around to be held in a downward direction spreading the load across the entire plastic peice to eliminate pressure points. These pressure points are what tear out. They need to stick with the clamping like they used to use on the suction series bindings, its not as pretty because of the extra material that sticks out the sides but it was strong.
Old    sbvfive            09-16-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
While we are on the subject, I have had 2 pairs of Transits. I love them, they are the most comfortable bindings I have ever ridden. They do have a tendency to rip though. Hopefully LF will have it fixed for 05. ANyway, I do have a pair of 04 Size Large Transits that I am selling. They are brand new, still in the plastic bags that are inside of the box. I never even so much as opened the box. They were given to me thru my shop sponsor this summer, and I already had a pair so I never opened them. And then like 3 days later I had surgery and I haven't touched a board since. So anyway, anyone who is interested, email me and make an offer. I was hoping to get like $225 or so for them, but I am listening to offers, and I will sell to the first reasonable offer.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       09-16-2004, 7:50 PM Reply   
Liquid Force has changed the attachment of the overlays for 05. I haven't had a pair in my own hands yet, but the durability issues have been addressed. I was told that the overlays now wrap around underneath the footbed for a secure attachment. The hardware used to attach them has been altered. There shouldn't be a ripping problem for 05. The Teams are supposed to be released around the end of this month, but I haven't been given a firm date yet.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-16-2004, 8:08 PM Reply   
im thinkin like 450 for both they're are 04's but i rode the board twice and the bindings like 10 times maybe not a mark on the board