Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-02-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
I personally like my boat, but cant stand my trailer. I have been having so many problems with it. Lights falling out, screws coming out of the fenders to hold it on. I had a fender fly off on the freeway once.. I was wondering what a new trailer would cost? I would like to go from my single axle to a double axle. Are trailers length specific? What do trailers cost?

Thanks
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-02-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
New Trailers are fairly expensive... Might I suggest you refurb your current trailer. depending on how far and fancy you go it can be done between $700-$1000 and really make a big difference in look and function.

For example I replaced my springs and shackles, added prop guard rollers, refiberglassed the fenders, added a swing-away tongue, LED lights, powdercoated and repainted the fenders, new decals and pinstriping and its like a brand new trailer... Tows better and looks better...

Just a suggestion... I would suspect a new tandem axle is in the $3500 range.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-02-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
I would call DHM in Sacramento. I just had my trailer essentially rebuilt and they did really nice work. They can also convert your trailer from Single to Double relatively easily. I think the new trailers are more than $3500, but DHM could tell you the specifics on that as well.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-02-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
Tandem Axles are going to be closer to $5000 depending on weight ratings.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-02-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
Just paid 5200 for a new tandem axle, breaks, blinged out lights, spare tire, etc.......It's an extreme and LOVE this trailer.
Old     (smcd)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-02-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Isaac, I have the same boat & trailer and the caravan trailer sucks, the lights are not submersible which I have replaced and I also lost a fender going down the hwy. I have drilled thru the mounting holes and used a bolt with a rounded head with a nut to remount. It works for now but I think I will be replacing the fenders with some metal ones and adding steprails.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-02-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Sean, I really need to do something.. this is getting rediculous with my trailer...What fenders are you going to get?
Old     (smcd)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-02-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
I am looking at something like the one in the link below, it will not be a bolt-on but I have a friend that is a great welder.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200330931_200330931