Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (malibu_23_lsv)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-21-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
I have a Malibu dark blue hull that resides on my bouy (fresh water)all summer and I have tried everything to get summer long water spots off....I need help....please advise me of some way to remove/avoid them (other than hualing out after every use)....
Old     (morganmac)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-21-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
When you want to remove them, I have found this to work - StarBrite Hull Cleaner.

http://www.starbrite.com/productdetail.cfm?ID=1054&ProductCat=Marine&Produc tSCat=Cleaners%20%2D%20Washes%20Marine&ProductSSCa t=Hull%20Cleaners
Old     (jrc240)      Join Date: May 2007       11-22-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
Most of the time Hard water spots and stains wont come off by just a product and a hand towel. It might take some different polishing compounds and a orbital buffer. I use adams car products on all of my cars and boats. They have some great products on there that might help but machine polishing always makes a dirty boat look brand new if its done right.
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-23-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
I second the hull cleaner mentioned above.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-24-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
Here's my list in order of potentcy/effectiveness:

1) Vinegar/Water
2) Meguiar's Hard Water Spot Remover
3) Babe's Spot Solver
4) StarBrite
5) Muriatic Acid

Babe's Spot Solver in a pressure washer took care of them better then all of the other methods did the old fashioned way but went through it very quickly since it is forumlated for the pressure washer. I really like the Meguiar's because of how thick it sprays on compared to the Babe's but they both work.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-28-2008, 10:56 PM Reply   
kaboom... works wonders and have had no issues for the last 7 years using it
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-29-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
we use flitz. microfiber cloth and a jar of flitz just makes them disapear. we have a 23 foor boat and i can do the whole thing (hull included) in about an hour.

what also helps, is when you pull your boat out of the water use babes boat bright. it helps get rid of them and keep your boat looking good.
also babes spot solver works great to get any spots off. WEAR gloves. it burns like hell! haha
good luck
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-02-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Brush on hose off & wax

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/264455/377%20710/