Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       02-02-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
This question is for people who have closed toe boots and also snowboard. Most people say that snowboard boots should fit so your toes just touch the front of the boot, should a closed toe wakeboard boot have a similar fit or did you get them a little bit bigger?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-02-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
On a wakeboard binding your toes should touch the liner but not the hard plastic on the toes. Try on a pair and youll see what i mean by liner and hard plastic.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-03-2007, 7:02 AM Reply   
my Shanes has the same fit as my Burton Ruler... my toes touch the end but are not cramed against it...
Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-06-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I'm worried about this too.

I had '06 Watson's, and now I ordered 07 CT Watson on same size (9-10).

I tried a couple of weeks ago a friend's pair of shanes 10-11 and my toes barely touch the end, i'm worried my 9-10 would not fit.

By the way, i'm a shoe size 9.5

(Message edited by wakeecuador on February 06, 2007)
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-06-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
my Shanes are 9-10 and I'm shoe size 9.5... so I'm pretty sure the fit will be perfect... be sure to mold them before you start worrying... immerse them in hot water for at least 5 minutes then put them on pushing your heel as deep as you can(opposite of cramming your toes in the front of the boot) lace up and let cool down for 15 minutes... you'll obtain best heel hold down when riding and no pain from toes in the end of the boot...
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-12-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
I know snowboard boots pack out a lot, so i always bought them SUPER tight, so that my toes would push into the liner. They would hurt the first 4-5 times of riding, but by the 15-20 day of riding they would fit like a glove. I dont know if wakeboarding boots will pack out that much though. good luck.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-13-2007, 2:50 AM Reply   
Drew, what binding are you looking at? I just bought some '07 3DS large that is supposed to fit 9-11. I'm 9 1/2 and my toes are in the liner and close to the end. I can't see a size 11 in there.
Old     (hfpesko)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-15-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
I just got a pair of 07 Shane CT and they were a little tight at first, but just break them in and they fit great. My foot is a size 10.5 so i went with the size bigger and im glad i did. I believe they are XL