Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-23-2013, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holidayking View Post
Robert,

Great to hear the Natique was a gem. Looking forward to owning one. Yes, the figures may have been off slightly as I changed the options so much and have like 6 build sheets. My original build was MSRP at like 176K with a 126K price tag. It changed a few times with the help of many on this forum! Ron Nordicon suggested the XR 550 versus the XS 550. That was a major help and huge savings! That tip alone made this forum highly worthwhile! Thanks Ron!!! Sorry for putting you in the hater category. My bad. Cheers!
Jay V now I can give you a unbiased opinion.A friend of mine in Texas took me out on her new Nautique G23 with factory ballast.I believe it had the 550 hp motor.It was a closed cooling system and a 17k option.

1 The boat was impeccable finished with huge storage everywhere.The details were nice everywhere.You will love the sea deck mat everywhere ,great traction and soft on the feet.The boat was noise and vibration free.Also it had ample power.

2 The wakeboard wake with stock ballast was awesome.It will boot you as high as you need to go.Very clean wake on both sides with a nice transition.

3 The surf wake was taller than the pictures above of the Mastercraft.It had tons of push,even 15 to 20 feet back.I had tons of push even for backside switch riding.

All in all a totally awesome boat I would gladly recommend to anyone that can afford one!
Old     (iamcdn)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-23-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
Robert, did the G23 have NSS? Any pics?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-23-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
No it didn't have NSS. But she is adding that option later as hers is a early release 2013 and didn't have it.As far as pics I didn't bring my camera,but she may have taken some.I'll check and post some if we have any.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-23-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
No it didn't have NSS. But she is adding that option later as hers is a early release 2013 and didn't have it.As far as pics I didn't bring my camera,but she may have taken some.I'll check and post some if we have any.
Any chance your friend could share her ballast setup for surfing? I have a friend with a G23, and a friend with an X30, and the G23 owner is very frustrated that he can't get the boat to surf like the X30. His G has a great surf wake. It can get as tall as the 30, but not nearly as clean or deep.

He is running stock plus 750 in the locker, 750 in the coffin, and 400 up in the port bow. He also has about 250lbs of lead that we put under the starboard front to help make the wave a little longer. we tried the lead all over in the boat, and that spot produced the best results. We tried adding weight in the walkway, but that had a negative effect.

The X30 is running stock + 400 in the locker, and 1000 in the coffin.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-23-2013, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Any chance your friend could share her ballast setup for surfing? I have a friend with a G23, and a friend with an X30, and the G23 owner is very frustrated that he can't get the boat to surf like the X30. His G has a great surf wake. It can get as tall as the 30, but not nearly as clean or deep.

He is running stock plus 750 in the locker, 750 in the coffin, and 400 up in the port bow. He also has about 250lbs of lead that we put under the starboard front to help make the wave a little longer. we tried the lead all over in the boat, and that spot produced the best results. We tried adding weight in the walkway, but that had a negative effect.

The X30 is running stock + 400 in the locker, and 1000 in the coffin.
Is it curling over? It sounds like you just have way to much weight on one side of the boat, even for surfing. Try moving some over to the other side or mess with the NCRS a little. I have NSS on my G23 so I don't have to worry about that as much. Are they planning on getting the NSS? It is amazing well worth the $3,000 or what ever it is to have a dealer install it.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-23-2013, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcdn View Post
Robert, did the G23 have NSS? Any pics?
My G has NSS here are a few pics. These are both with stock ballast and maybe with only one or two people in the boat. The top picture, the NCRS was at 4 and the NSS at 4 so the wake wasn't as steep. The bottom one the NCRS was at 5 and the NSS at maybe 3 or 4

Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-23-2013, 7:37 PM Reply   
James no offence but that is the worst surf wake I have ever seen.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-23-2013, 7:40 PM Reply   
I see you can't even go wireless on it. I suggest a better camera angle and maybe a X30. Good to see your shaft hasn't snapped yet though.

Look, we all know the G is the best wake boat there is, but why do people insist on thinking it's a good surf boat?
Old     (wakewoody)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-23-2013, 8:52 PM Reply   
Jet ranger! Yer wrong, Malibu has the best GOOFY wave out there. Check my profile pic. Their regular side is only average.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-23-2013, 8:57 PM Reply   
Got to love Dr. Flipper (aka Jet Ranger)... Always weighing in with something less than useful. Remember JR is the same person who was in love with the G23 and suddenly flips to an X-30 never having surfed behind either. He is, as you know, from his brillaint history posting on this site, a highly credible source on this forum.(LMAO) Glad he's back with such great information! Thanks Doc!
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-23-2013, 9:08 PM Reply   
Robert T:

Thanks for the great post. I apperciate you reporting this back to me. This is the kind of first hand "empirical" data that is highly useful and much appreciated. Glad I ordered the G23!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-24-2013, 5:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Robert T:

Thanks for the great post. I apperciate you reporting this back to me. This is the kind of first hand "empirical" data that is highly useful and much appreciated. Glad I ordered the G23!!
Jay the G23 i surfed behind had easily twice as tall a wave as JamesHawl101.The owner is a long time Nautique owner.This is her fifth Nautique,so i'm sure she knows the scoop on dialing it in.When she gets back in town i'll check to see what her setup was.I think you may have grounded the Jet Wash of Danger!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-24-2013, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Jay the G23 i surfed behind had easily twice as tall a wave as JamesHawl101.The owner is a long time Nautique owner.This is her fifth Nautique,so i'm sure she knows the scoop on dialing it in.When she gets back in town i'll check to see what her setup was.I think you may have grounded the Jet Wash of Danger!
Easy Robert, need I remind you that HolidayKing also stated that the G had the BEST surf wake. That would imply a better surf wake than any Tige.

And HolidayKing, most here on wakeworld would NOT consider anything Robert says as being empirical. Also I would implore of you to look up the definition of empirical. So far the only data you have is JamesHawk's pictures and a couple of broken prop shafts.

The good news HolidayKing is you only have 19 years and 11 months left on your boat loan.

I'll sit back now and wait for you to regress to one of your defence mechanisms: telling us how rich you are or insulting me using high-school locker room jokes. Maybe another hockey reference?

I hope you go on about rich you are again. When someone uses a direct flight to Maui from Calgary that he paid $500 for as a barometer of his wealth, you know he's baaawwwwlin'!
Old     (MuskokaJ)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-24-2013, 2:02 PM Reply   
This thread has taught me so much.

1. Due to the recent sale of my RZ2 and purchase of the G23, I have transitioned from a Wakesurf Connoisseur to a Wakesurf Poser & Wakeboard Connoisseur.
2. OP made the best decision in going with the G23.
3. OP made the worst decision in going with the G23 and should ask for his money back, pronto.
4. Guys who love to slam wakesurfing curiously browse this wakesurfing-specific forum so they can tell the surfers what morons they are.
5. There are some intelligent and objective people on this forum.
6. There are some interesting human specimens on this forum.
7. I could care less what anybody thinks about XYZ boat. I buy what I want. I buy what I like.
8. Opinions are like ___holes. Everybody has one.
9. I can't wait for summer.
10. Smile. Be happy. All of us should be thankful we have the ability to enjoy any watersports, and have the ability to buy any boat, whether it's $10k or $150k.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-24-2013, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post
Is it curling over? It sounds like you just have way to much weight on one side of the boat, even for surfing. Try moving some over to the other side or mess with the NCRS a little. I have NSS on my G23 so I don't have to worry about that as much. Are they planning on getting the NSS? It is amazing well worth the $3,000 or what ever it is to have a dealer install it.
His boat came in last august, so it didnt have NSS. I think he has it installed now, and we should be in the water in a couple weeks.

We tried 100 weight combinations in that boat, and couldn't get a better surf wake than the setup above. I hope the NSS will help, but not sure it will make a huge difference.

Realistically he has no reason to complain, as it is a great surf wake. I really don't see it beating the X30 wave though. The NSS addition will tell......Besides, he is the one smiling, when the glass comes, and we strap on the wakeboards. Wakeboard wake is huge on that thing!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-24-2013, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskokaJ View Post
This thread has taught me so much.

1. Due to the recent sale of my RZ2 and purchase of the G23, I have transitioned from a Wakesurf Connoisseur to a Wakesurf Poser & Wakeboard Connoisseur.
2. OP made the best decision in going with the G23.
3. OP made the worst decision in going with the G23 and should ask for his money back, pronto.
4. Guys who love to slam wakesurfing curiously browse this wakesurfing-specific forum so they can tell the surfers what morons they are.
5. There are some intelligent and objective people on this forum.
6. There are some interesting human specimens on this forum.
7. I could care less what anybody thinks about XYZ boat. I buy what I want. I buy what I like.
8. Opinions are like ___holes. Everybody has one.
9. I can't wait for summer.
10. Smile. Be happy. All of us should be thankful we have the ability to enjoy any watersports, and have the ability to buy any boat, whether it's $10k or $150k.
The situation is comical for sure. I'll summarize the roller coaster ride:

1. Op asks which boat has best surf wake
2. People with no credibility and no experience jump in wakeworld-style (we all know and love the opinion ninjas) and within 10 posts the Op has his mind made up
3. I call the Op out on his decision and question his about-face as he went from asking which boat had a better surf wake to declaring the G had the best surf wake of ANY boat. I ask him what evidence he has of this besides the 10 WW posts which show no pictures and offer only speculation. I question his bad judgement and question how anyone who can afford a G can be so frivolous
4. The Op loses his mind
5. Several people post pics of the X30's wake showing (actual evidence here folks, CSI-style) that it is much better than the G's. The consensus is now that the X30 has a better surf wake with several WW'ers offering credible experience behind each boat.
6. The Op strikes out at me in anger
7. The Op tells us how rich he is
8. The Op refuses to answer the question "on what evidence do you declare the G's surf wake to be better"
9. The Op continues to dodge the question
10. I let him off hook due to his "between the legs" submission
11. JamesHawks posts his slammed G surf pics which are likely the worst surf pics we've ever seen showing that the G cannot even produce a surf wake allowing one to go wireless
12. A known non-entity and outsider offers that the G's wake is better but he "didn't take his camera." He also rarely ventures from a Tige.
13. The evidence keeps pouring in that the X30 has a better surf wake. The Op remains silent. Likely inquiring on how he can get his deposit back.

The facts are these and evident to anyone who reads this thread which has all posts time-stamped as well so we can easily trace the speed of the Op's conversion: he jumped into the decision prematurely without adequate evidence.

Game, set, match.

Oh yes, I almost forgot:

14. The Op is one of approximately 500K Canadians who own a condo in Arizona or travel there in the winter. They call them the snowbirds, Canadians who leave the country for six months for the warm air of AZ. The Op says this is a sign of wealth, but really this is a sign of age, as this movement is mostly comprised of retired seniors.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-24-2013, 5:57 PM Reply   
I am glad i have no opinion worth listening to. Thank you GET ANGERED! I'll take a picture next time i take a "JET RANGER" that way everyone will recognize your face.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-24-2013, 6:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am glad i have no opinion worth listening to. Thank you GET ANGERED! I'll take a picture next time i take a "JET RANGER" that way everyone will recognize your face.
Which surf wake is better Robert?

1) RZ2
2) Z3
3) G23

Don't forget the Op says the G's surf wake is better. Do you agree?
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-24-2013, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
I see you can't even go wireless on it. I suggest a better camera angle and maybe a X30. Good to see your shaft hasn't snapped yet though.

Look, we all know the G is the best wake boat there is, but why do people insist on thinking it's a good surf boat?
Both times, it was the second time we had surfed the boat. I have perfected the wave and don't even touch the rope now. It isn't a bad wave either its a personal preference for a wave. I was on a skimboard in the top photo with no fin so I didn't want it to steep at all making me slip out. You all together just really need to calm down. I respect that you think the X-30 is a best boat, I have rode in/ behind it before trust me I KNOW its a good boat and throws and nice wave, but in the end it comes down to personal preference and yours just happens to be the X-30. Please just stop trying to shove down peoples throat that the X-30 throws the best surf wave out there. Also I didn't slam my boat at ALL, I said it was stock ballast with 1-3 people.
Old     (MuskokaJ)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-24-2013, 7:05 PM Reply   
Here is a vid of the G23 at the 10,000 Lakes Open last year. This was a pre-NSS boat, and the G had just recently come on the market, so I'm not sure how much time they had to set-up the boat properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN3j_-hlC1A
Old     (MuskokaJ)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-24-2013, 7:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Game, set, match.
Game, set, match? Dude...I think you take these internet forums a little too seriously. Saying what is the best wake boat is like saying what is the best car. Ferrari? Porsche? Lamborghini? Aston Martin? Just because you like Brand X, why would you feel the need to "convince" someone that Brand X is "best"? Just get out and have fun. If someone wants my opinion on a boat/board/etc., I'll give it to them, but why would I take offense to them having their own opinion? Relax dude.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-24-2013, 8:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Game, set, match? Dude...I think you take these internet forums a little too seriously. Saying what is the best wake boat is like saying what is the best car. Ferrari? Porsche? Lamborghini? Aston Martin? Just because you like Brand X, why would you feel the need to "convince" someone that Brand X is "best"? Just get out and have fun. If someone wants my opinion on a boat/board/etc., I'll give it to them, but why would I take offense to them having their own opinion? Relax dude.
This man speaks the truth. Wakeboarding, boating, and action sports all have the same goal. Have fun.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-24-2013, 8:47 PM Reply   
Wow, Dr. Flipper is highly agitated. Got in your kitchen again EH Doc? Glad you took such great notes of my self pronounced wealth. Not sure how you found out what I paid for my tickets to Maui or that I have a condo in AZ. Very interesting. Do they teach you computer hacking at your "OLD MONEY" medical school? Let's pray to God that your ability to summarize ones health is far better than your erroneous summary of this thread. BTW - I thought you were leaving me alone as I did not answer your beloved questions? Looks like I finally broke you... And yes, of course, as I said in all my previous posts the G23 is by far the best surfboat on the freaking planet!! Was that sarcasm Doc? Oh ya, you don't have the ability to discern something like that. Typical! Dr. Flipper you once loved the G23 and only a few posts later fell in love with a MC X-30. Have you accused me of your own offense in your brilliant summary of the events? You are so ridiculous you actually provide some form of bizarre entertainment. Not bizarre like Duck Dynasty as that would be insulting to the Robertson's. No, finding your posts entertaining and even reading your posts is almost nonsensical, like having a toothache but you like to wiggle the tooth even though it hurts.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-25-2013, 2:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Read the whole thread champ. I'm not saying any boat is the best. The Op is. I am (as are the vast majority of people here) saying one is better though.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-25-2013, 5:32 AM Reply   
@ HolidayKing

Your rebuttal raises more questions than it answers. These questions are:

1) Are you or are you not in fact a sophisticated Nautique robot sent back in time to save the future of Nautique?

2) Are you JamesHawks dad?

3) Did Wizard Lake Marine insert a microchip in your neuronet processor, a learning computer, to get you to buy a boat?

4) Is your great business called Cyberdyne Industries?

5) Are you going to terminate me?
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-25-2013, 5:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Here is a vid of the G23 at the 10,000 Lakes Open last year. This was a pre-NSS boat, and the G had just recently come on the market, so I'm not sure how much time they had to set-up the boat properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN3j_-hlC1A
That looks exactly like the wave that my friends G23 puts out. Definitely nothing to sneeze at.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-25-2013, 6:37 AM Reply   
Dr. Flipper,

Still LMAO at you JR. The good thing is this summer I’ll be surfing effortlessly behind my 118K G23 at my gazillion dollar cottage on the lake and you’ll still be fighting to get admitted to medical school while using valuable study time (which you need BTW) to make daft posts.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-25-2013, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
@ HolidayKing

Your rebuttal raises more questions than it answers. These questions are:

1) Are you or are you not in fact a sophisticated Nautique robot sent back in time to save the future of Nautique?

2) Are you JamesHawks dad?

3) Did Wizard Lake Marine insert a microchip in your neuronet processor, a learning computer, to get you to buy a boat?

4) Is your great business called Cyberdyne Industries?

5) Are you going to terminate me?
I can answer #2. No he is not my dad... Your taking this way to far.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-25-2013, 7:29 AM Reply   
The G23 has a excellent surf wake as the above video shows.As for the Mastercraft i can't say because i've never surfed behind one.As far as comparing them to a RZ2 or a Z3. I can't because i only surfed the goofy side,so my report would be incomplete.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-25-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dr. Flipper,

Still LMAO at you JR. The good thing is this summer I’ll be surfing effortlessly behind my 118K G23 at my gazillion dollar cottage on the lake and you’ll still be fighting to get admitted to medical school while using valuable study time (which you need BTW) to make daft posts.
You'd trade it all for my youth. Though I doubt "all" for you is really that much. Let me guess, your hotel in Maui costs $129/night and that included continental breakfast?

We know you're a weak-willed, easily swayed and oft-puppeteered self-professed business man. You laugh at my posts, rightly so, they are hilarious, I would just hate to be there when the laughter stops.

Wealthy as sin
All I do is win
HolidayKing is my name
Though really I'm a joke
And I'm actually broke
Self-delusion is my only game

See I bought a G
Cause thats what WW told me
"Maybe they'll respect me if I tell them I'm rich"
But my new boat really sucks
What a waste of one hundred thousand bucks
And now some young med student is making me his bi*#~

"Oh please someone post a pic!"
"Of a G wake tall, clean and thick!"
But only silence from the crowd
Your hundred K would have been better spent
On groceries, gas, and the rent
And in Red Deer a grown man cries aloud
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-25-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
The G23 has a excellent surf wake as the above video shows.As for the Mastercraft i can't say because i've never surfed behind one.As far as comparing them to a RZ2 or a Z3. I can't because i only surfed the goofy side,so my report would be incomplete.
But we can make some reasonable assumptions that the G is generally a better surf boat than the Tiges, right? Or no?
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-25-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
Dr. Flipper (JR)- Not sure what is with your infatuation with my families Maui trip or our economic status. That is actually really weird. You boil bunnies too? Last time I checked this thread was to discuss the G23 versus the X-30 as surfboats. You did weigh in on the subject matter initially and then flip flopped around so much that we had to take you to task. (Big error, although entertaining nonetheless). You even flip flopped on your conviction to be done with me until I answered your questions. Now you’re back annoying everyone. Reading your posts is so painful it makes having a root canal seem pleasurable.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-25-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
why can't i stop clicking on this thread?
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-25-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
Newwhit,

I agree, I am not only clicking but actually engaging in this nonsense. Like I said it is like a bad toothache and although it hurts you keep going back with added pressure. I hope to get this tooth pulled soon!
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-25-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
Is there an ignore user function on these forums? These personal attacks are rather juvenile.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-25-2013, 10:56 AM Reply   
Unlike Dr. Flipper, I will commit to and follow through on, as a favor to all, including myself, no longer replying to Jet Ranger and his useless posts. His attacks are highly juvenile, and make no mistake; he was the one to start it all. With that said I do not Flip Flop and therefore will not enter into further debate with this imbecile on this forum.

Getting back the reason this thread was started....The G23 in the video posted yesterday looks very good. It has incredible push in the wave it creates. No NSS even. Wow! I was highly impressed with that video. Thanks for posting that one Muskoka.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-25-2013, 4:25 PM Reply   
WTF wakeworld vs. this thread, it's a tough call which to look at first each time I log on. So much entertainment, so little time.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-25-2013, 4:26 PM Reply   
I guess HolidayKing isn't a fan of poetry and I'm now just a protagonist without an antagonist. He conveniently gave up, claiming the high road when it was clear his faculties were dissolved. In rebutting his asinine drivel he failed to summon even one inch of my intellectual capability. What a shame.

With the last word I'll say this:

The unknown future rolls before us. I face it for the first time with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-25-2013, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCBoarder View Post
Is there an ignore user function on these forums? These personal attacks are rather juvenile.
There is not an ignore user function on these forums. I hope you didn't spend too much time looking for it. You can instead use your own biologically built-in ignore function (your brain) and simply choose not to read the thread.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-25-2013, 4:33 PM Reply   
I vote for Ragboy to take a G and a X30, dial them both, throw RJ on both waves for some feedback, and get some pictures.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-25-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
I vote for Ragboy to take a G and a X30, dial them both, throw RJ on both waves for some feedback, and get some pictures.
Wouldn't it be easier to just ride the waves yourself? It's similar to you needing someone to pick your favorite color.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-25-2013, 5:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just ride the waves yourself? It's similar to you needing someone to pick your favorite color.
I already know the answer. As do 90% of us here. The proof is in the pudding mon ami.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-28-2013, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
The Malibu MXZ22 will be your best boat in the 21-23' range for surfing, wakeboarding, or anything else. Malibu's fit and finish is superior to CC and MC and they don't over engineer their boats. I find Malibu's have a homier feel to them too.
Now THAT is funny! I nearly fell out of my chair...
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-28-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
Now THAT is funny! I nearly fell out of my chair...
I forgot to mention Malibu also has the highest carpet-to-surface area ratio and the wedge which is my favourite of the simple machines.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-25-2013, 11:53 PM Reply   
Been riding behind my new G23 for 2 months now. Officially this is the best surf boat on the lake here in WA. Lake Osoyoos. Even better than the Enzo that is here this week. The X-30 does not have near the push of the G23. The G23did have one major issue.... the exhaust fumes stock are lethal. I installed and FAE kit and there are no fumes at all now. This boat dominates! There is nothing better out of the box. So easy to use, no weight distribution issues and switch sides with the push of button!!. Add weight and I cannot imagine what would happen. Sorry MC lovers, the X-30 is not in the same league. Glad I ponied up the 128K for this bad boy!
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       08-26-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
You, of course, are wrong.
And.. Without pictures and video you are double wrong!

Lets hear your weight setup and get some photographic evidence!

X30 wave

Last edited by kimper; 08-26-2013 at 7:43 AM.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-26-2013, 7:59 AM Reply   
I don't think I have seen any X-30 goofy pics, but the regular side looks great from what I have seen. The Vilands have one and it looks pretty dialed to me.
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       08-26-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
Yeah, we don't have any goofy riders, so no clue what it does on that side.. If I get the itch to work on my heel side maybe ill try it sometime.
Old     (axxxiswake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-26-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
If you're looking strictly at surfing, and malibu is in your area, look at the 23' LSV w/ surfgate. Also, if you can wait, check out the a24
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-26-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
There is a guy on our lake with a 23 LSV with surfgate that wants to take us out, hopefully we will soon, should be fun.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-26-2013, 9:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Been riding behind my new G23 for 2 months now. Officially this is the best surf boat on the lake here in WA. Lake Osoyoos. Even better than the Enzo that is here this week. The X-30 does not have near the push of the G23. The G23did have one major issue.... the exhaust fumes stock are lethal. I installed and FAE kit and there are no fumes at all now. This boat dominates! There is nothing better out of the box. So easy to use, no weight distribution issues and switch sides with the push of button!!. Add weight and I cannot imagine what would happen. Sorry MC lovers, the X-30 is not in the same league. Glad I ponied up the 128K for this bad boy!
I remember you now. It was your thread where F-Man and TheWoons posted all those epic X30 surf wake pics.

Let me guess, the CC dealer told you it had more push than the X30 and was better than the Enzo. Do you have any independent thoughts of your own? Please post pics of your supposed wake. Sounds like you are saying your G has the best surf wake period. Please tells us again how rich you are. Oh wait, a 60K condo in AZ, an annual winter trip to Maui (direct flights from Calgary $600) and hotels $129/night...and a G with a 20-year loan available in Canada...with payments of $830/month.

Let me guess, you ride alone.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-26-2013, 10:07 AM Reply   
Ok just re-read the thread.

Interesting to watch Holidayking's journey from surf boat connoiss-not to surf boat connoisseur in the space of two visits to a CC dealer. The pics are all still here PROVING beyond all doubt or speculation that the X30 is world class.

Of note, after 200 posts no one has posted a decent G surf wake pic.

Ipso facto and ibid. Holiday you truly are an insecure individual. Don't need to open up the DSMIV to diagnose you...
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-26-2013, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimper View Post

X30 wave

The man is a plant. He is probably MHunter. He even sounds old just like MHunter did.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-26-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimper View Post

X30 wave

Weird why does it looked like the boat is going to fall over? Oh that's right because you have to lean the heck outa that boat to get it to make that wave and load every compartment you have with bags of water. That wave is nice looking but I don't think it is any better than what you will find stock on a G23. And with a push of a button you could have the same thing on the other side! Oh an then as soon as the surfer is done hit the button again change out the rider and throw a wakeboarder out there and you have a freaking insane STOCK wakeboard wake too! Seriously no comparison between a x-30 and G.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-26-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Weird why does it looked like the boat is going to fall over? Oh that's right because you have to lean the heck outa that boat to get it to make that wave and load every compartment you have with bags of water. That wave is nice looking but I don't think it is any better than what you will find stock on a G23. And with a push of a button you could have the same thing on the other side! Oh an then as soon as the surfer is done hit the button again change out the rider and throw a wakeboarder out there and you have a freaking insane STOCK wakeboard wake too! Seriously no comparison between a x-30 and G.
Decent rebuttal but we lean Tige's and Enzo's too. So what?
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-26-2013, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Decent rebuttal but we lean Tige's and Enzo's too. So what?
What do you mean so what? Ever drive a boat leaned over like that? It sucks! To me times is changing and if these other guys don't come up with technology similar to NSS or BU surfgate then why on earth would you ever consider buying their new boat? Lets face it most of us are weekend warriors at best and the convenience that is offered by these new systems is pretty hard to overlook.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-26-2013, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
What do you mean so what? Ever drive a boat leaned over like that? It sucks! To me times is changing and if these other guys don't come up with technology similar to NSS or BU surfgate then why on earth would you ever consider buying their new boat? Lets face it most of us are weekend warriors at best and the convenience that is offered by these new systems is pretty hard to overlook.
Agreed on all counts. But the premier surf boats (Tige and Centurion) still lean as well. Paint them all with same brush. If a boat needs to lean it sucks, come out and say it!
Old     (NautiqueMN)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-26-2013, 2:13 PM Reply   
Edit from our 10K Open, not too bad i would say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa-Dwr_BTdM
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-26-2013, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiqueMN View Post
Edit from our 10K Open, not too bad i would say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa-Dwr_BTdM
Average, smallish at times, washy on the port side, some of those pros look like they are really pumping to stay in pocket.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-26-2013, 3:27 PM Reply   
Curious to see Holidayking's 128K wake. He's so rich...
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-26-2013, 4:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Curious to see Holidayking's 128K wake. He's so rich...
Might be alittle more than that with the 550. But in all honesty I'd spend 125 on a G before I'd spend 100k on any x-series, MXZ, or a Tige it's just that awesome of a boat! Do they make 100k Tiges yet?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-26-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Might be alittle more than that with the 550. But in all honesty I'd spend 125 on a G before I'd spend 100k on any x-series, MXZ, or a Tige it's just that awesome of a boat! Do they make 100k Tiges yet?
Just like I'd spend 100K on any X Series or Super Air boat over any MB, Tige, or Sanger. They are just that much better of a boat.

Looks like Nordicon is also MHunter. Well played MHunter, well played.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-26-2013, 5:31 PM Reply   
Wakeworld never lettin me down with the LOL's.

Thanks fellas.

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-26-2013, 10:30 PM Reply   
For those of you here that want pictures of the surf wake I will be sure to upload once I get home. I will also send some of the FAE. It looks good too. Most of our photo’s are still all on the camera so no uploading just yet. fficeffice" />>>
The G23 is one sick boat. The x-30 is very good but not the push that the G23 produces. Its quick. On this lake, this summer, there was not another boat that could produce a better surf wake than the Natique G23. That was reality here and there were all kinds of boats here.
Dr. Flipper (aka JR), >>
Nothing new in your arsenal? Same old remarks… A cut and paste master. Maybe that’s the ticket to passing med school. (I am assuming that would be the only hope for you.) You are such a positive contributor on this forum. Thank you for weighing in with your daft remarks. Always appreciate wasting my time with your idiocy.
>>
>>
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-27-2013, 5:16 AM Reply   
There are many good boats out there. Much of this is personal preference. I rode the G23 in the USA Nationals competition at Callaway Gardens last weekend and the wake was very good. I would say it was the closest I have ridden to the wave on my Centurion which is set up VERY good.

Surf and be happy with whatever you ride!
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-27-2013, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
I don't think I have seen any X-30 goofy pics, but the regular side looks great from what I have seen. The Vilands have one and it looks pretty dialed to me.
Robert. I don't have a lot of goofy pics (not many goofy riders, and most are beginners). We used the X30 at the Arizona event and most goofy riders had good things to say about the surf wake. I have surfed the goofy surf wake heel-side and I was impressed, but I have not tried other goofy wakes for a valid comparison. The great thing about the goofy wake is the easy setup...We use a 900 in the locker and 300 lbs of lead in the corner pocket. Speed at 11.0 and center tab at rider ability.

For reference Adam is 5-10, and Jean is 6-0 tall.
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-27-2013, 10:51 AM Reply   
Awesome!!! Just read this thread!! Here's a couple pics from our Sanger V230 wake ....... goofy and regular
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-27-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
Sorry here's the goofy wave!!
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-27-2013, 10:54 AM Reply   
We are Really Fortunate we don't get any Closed Out Days!!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-27-2013, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wofrankwo View Post
Awesome!!! Just read this thread!! Here's a couple pics from our Sanger V230 wake ....... goofy and regular
LOL! Where is the Sanger bandwagon and how do I get on it?
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       08-27-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wofrankwo View Post
That's a great way to end this thread! Lol
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2013, 1:14 PM Reply   
LOL, the rainbow was the nice touch Frank.
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       08-27-2013, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Weird why does it looked like the boat is going to fall over? Oh that's right because you have to lean the heck outa that boat to get it to make that wave and load every compartment you have with bags of water. That wave is nice looking but I don't THINK it is any better than what you will find stock on a G23. .
The key word there is THINK. You have no clue because you haven't surfed behind both boats.. I have. I can guarantee you my weighted x30 has a superior wave to a stock ballast G23. Also assuredly if you think a leaning boat is a bad or odd thing you have an extremely limited Wakesurfing history and likely ability.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-27-2013, 3:04 PM Reply   
I have surfed both and think G23 with NSS is the winner no doubt.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2013, 3:13 PM Reply   
That's awesome, Frank!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-27-2013, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post
I have surfed both and think G23 with NSS is the winner no doubt.
I have surfed both and I think the X30 is the winner no doubt. I also am older than 14 and have surfed both more than once unlike you.

But like you, I'm living off my dad's $$$ until I'm done school.
Old     (JetRangerThePoser)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-27-2013, 3:36 PM Reply   
I've got an X30 - at least I like to think I do. Well - come to think of it - I guess I only dream of owning an X30. Well - sometimes not even that.

I have had some really bicthin' boats though -

Here's my old boat - all sacked out - that sucker is slammed!
Attached Images

Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-27-2013, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRangerThePoser View Post
I've got an X30 - at least I like to think I do. Well - come to think of it - I guess I only dream of owning an X30. Well - sometimes not even that.

I have had some really bicthin' boats though -

Here's my old boat - all sacked out - that sucker is slammed!
This guy clearly knows how to slam a boat and how to party!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-27-2013, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
G's are so sick, in a good way though, not like ill, but yes, ill, but ill as in so cool.

G's are ELITE. X30 is just another marginally OK boat in a class with 10 other average boats.
-This guy gets a lot of airtime for being boatless/boardless
-Don't forget the flip=flop that occurred only a few months ago...our little hipster can change his mind so quickly. I'm surprised he even can reply considering using a typewriter in a coffee shop is the trendy thing to do nowadays..skinny jeans and a beard I presume?
Old     (JetRangerThePoser)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-27-2013, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
This guy clearly knows how to slam a boat and how to party!
Dude:
Attached Images