Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-08-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
I was on vacation last week and pulled up a couple of young kids for their first runs on a wakeboard ( 7 and 9 ). I have an 02 X-star. Had the ballast empty and was going 18mph. Wake was really washy. Any way to clean a wake up at slower speeds? Or should I just run them closer to 20 where the wake cleans up? I just figured I'd go a little slower seeing it was their first time. That washy wake at slower speeds seems to eat up there board when they try to cross the wake!
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-08-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
I have the same problem behind my 210. I usually start off slow with the little ones and encourage them to stay behind the boat for a couple minutes. Just to avoid that initial face plant that will ruin the day. As they start to move around and get more comfortable I slowly ratchet up the perfect pass until the wash vanishes. It is true the wash will eat up their board once they start crossing the wake.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-08-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
You can fill the front ballast or throw a fat sac in the bow to help the wake keep from crumbling at slower speeds
Old    dustinwiemann            08-08-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
jd is on the money. i was having this same prob at low speed. i just let all the weight out of the rear, kept the front bag full, and prob solved
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-08-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
I suppose it didn't help that we had 6 adults and 3 kids in the boat at the time too! I had all three ballast tanks empty at the time. Next time will start moving some adults up to the bow area to see if this helps. Thanks.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-08-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
We empty the back ballast and leave the front full. The wake still has wash slower under 18
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-08-2007, 11:58 PM Reply   
19 is the slowest I've been able to go on my 210 and get a clean wake. No ballast, and one adult up front with driver and one other adult mid-ship.

This is my wake at 19.5.

Upload
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-09-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   
In currently pulling my 8 year old at 12 mph with a pretty clean wake. Sanger D215 with wakelate down all the way, front ballast full, wife in the bow, 55' rope. The plate really helps.
I slow to 9 or 10 when he's inside trying slides or 180's. Same setup on the skate.