Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-22-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
I have a 99 205 V X-Whatever and I still have the standard prop. Yes I know that I should have replaced it a long time ago. I don't have a spare becasue the Texas Ski Ranch will do a rpoop swap if I need one and I am only a few min from there. So here is the question. I have consisered replroping the boat becasue I run about 2000 pounds and sometimes it can be a b*tch getting on plane. Here is my problem: I am, thinking about buying a new boat next year and those boats are possibly a new X1 X2 or BU VLX. If I buy a new prop now will I be able to use it with any of these boats or will i have to sell it on the classifieds or give ti up with the new boat.

Thanks for replies

Preston
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-22-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
New MasterCrafts have a splined shaft and require a splined prop. It has been that way since 2002. The rest of the industry uses a tapered shaft and a key in the shaft keyway. The Acme 1235 and the new OJ (I don't know the model name) have better performance. From the perspective of the 205V, the prop of choice is the Acme 1161. The prop stays with the boat.

Get a prop puller or the weekend saver kit. You need to be able to change your prop on the trailer at the ramp. It keep a 5-minute job from being a several hour or two day long project while the store opens or the part comes in. It is the same as a spare tire. You carry the spare tire and jack even though you are minutes from the tire store....
Old    ejojprop            05-22-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
Master Craft went to the splined shaft for the 03' model year boats. What motor does your boat have? We offer 3 sizes in the original wakeboard specific OJ XMP EDGE propeller line, 14.25 X 14 LC, 14.25 X 14.5 LC and 14.25 X 14.75 LC 4-blade, available in Spline or 1 1/8". Master Craft uses all of these OJ PROPS as standard with their various motor choices. Please give me a call if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Eric Johnson
OJ PROPS
800-359-9730