Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       11-29-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone is riding in New England this time of the year, because after 6 years of being in San Diego, I am moving out the Massachusetts.... (however the heck you spell it). Now that my knee is healed up and I can ride, I am moving to a place where I won't see good weather for another 5-6 months. It has been great being involved in the San Diego riding community. I have met many great people out here and have so many good times. Thanks a lot everyone, I'll soon be the biggest mooch on the east coast.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-29-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
Why are you leaving us?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       11-29-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
I am going to a new job. Depending on how I like east coast living, I might be back in a few years.
Old    svfara            11-29-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
I don't know anybody that's still riding up here at this time, I've already had my boat winterized as we have had some chilly nights (10-20 degrees)

I've known some people to ride in Dec on a freakishly warm day, but the season is essentially over.

Looking forward to snow skiing now!

Good luck with the new job!
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       11-29-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Eric,

You ever look for some professional boat mooches during the season?
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
I'm from PA, but I'd say the season is probaly over up there. My season is over here. I last rode here two weeks ago. Would've rode over Thanksgiving if it wasn't so windy. Problem with this time of year is it's usually windy when it is warm. The northeast isn't the best place to live for a wakeboarder. Try snowboarding, it'll make the winter go faster and if we're lucky a warm winter might get us back on the water in mid to late March.
Old    sbvfive            11-29-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
I lived in CT for 18 years before saying screw it and moving to FL. The riding season is about April to September if you are normal, April to October if you are like me and have ridden during snow flurries. That job had better pay well...
Old    svfara            11-30-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
Sean,

Yeah, definitely look me up when it gets warmer out, I mostly ride in the Worcester area...

I agree with sp0tts, take up snowboarding to get thru the winter :-)
Wachusett has a pretty good park for only being 18 minutes from my house. I can get you a cheap season pass up until 12/9/4

You moving to the city? suburbs?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       11-30-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
I think I'll be living out in Cambridge near Porter Square.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-01-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Sean, you will surely be missed in the west coast wakeboarding community. You are such a doll and always a ray of sunshine at the comps. God bless you in your new adventure back east and make sure you come to visit!! (and ride!) hugs, robyn
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-01-2004, 3:32 PM Reply   
I agree with Scott, I am just west of Worcester and we pulled the boat out November 1st...but only did a little boarding during October...water was quite cold...can't wait to get back into it..