Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tristan)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-19-2013, 2:44 AM Reply   
Hey,

Anyone out there got any private cable setups? I've been looking around but haven't found any. Considering the price of the system 2.0s versus buying a boat and the lower maintenance and running costs it's starting to look like a good option if I can find the right piece of land to put it on.

Would love to hear some current owners experience with planning, maintenance, enjoyment etc.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-19-2013, 6:44 AM Reply   
There's a lot more people that do this than we realize, yes it's worth it, it's easy and convenient, you still have to have another person and can't do it by yourself, and you'll need to be into building rails and hits, or rich enough to buy them often enough to freshen it up
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-19-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
I know UK wakeskater Ollie Moore has. Also isn't that how those breddas brothers got so good while staying pretty unknown?
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-19-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
Buying obstacles is ridiculous. Costs of plastic and metals are sky high hence the costs of the obstacles. A bigger funbox will cost more than the cable(straight line system) itself.

I would defiantly opt down the DIY wood builds and keep them fresh every year or two. If you aimed to keep all the rails a standard width you would have no problems recycling the plastic.
Old     (texfrost)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-20-2013, 1:58 AM Reply   
If you're good at building then it won't be too bad on obstacles. Especially if you know how and have access to a welder. You will wamt some basis boxes though. UHMVW can be had on the cheap via puckboard from ice rinks if you want to go that route. Won't slide quite as fast but will save some cheddar. I will expound a little more on this later when I have more time.