Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
http://www.chaparralboats.com/Xtreme/XtremeChallenge.html

Check out this bs they're trying to feed us! Go to comparison and click on wake!

my favorite part- state-of-the-art deep v hull! lol!

ballast an expensive inefficient band aid? I think not!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-06-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
I looked at one at the boat show and liked some of the interior ideas, but I haven't been able to find any wake video or better yet first hand report from a non biased, proven rider. We all know that is the true standard the boat will be judged by. If ballast is an inefficient band aid, why does it come with a ballast system?
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-06-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
I like the fact that the site states v-drives are overpriced yet the 224 is 60K+ and the 244 is 70K+. That aint cheap.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-06-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
Hahaha, at least it looks good.

Oh, no wait...
Old     (running_turtle)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-06-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
haha they are pushing their "wake" boats so hard
they are advertising alot! they have atleast 1 ad in WBM and on lots of websites too
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-06-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
I didn't mention how much I like the tattoo graphics (a fresh idea) and the name Xtreme. I do wonder how long it will be untill an I/O manufacturer produces a boat that does make a nice wake. This company is at least making an effort to capture some of the wake community as I have seen it advertised here on wakeworld and also in some of the mags.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
i like the "Safety" argument under the comparison menu. nice.
Old     (tversetti)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
is it me or is he not getting alot of height in their video....
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
wouldn't you love to see that little guys leg float over and get chopped off?
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       04-06-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
What really annoys me is that I think they have a great idea - but screwed it up!

Sure there is space in this industry for I/O's aimed at Wakeboarders. at the end of the day not everyone (me included is a pro) and some of us (me) ride ont he sea so prefer an I/O.

Now I've owned a super air and i/o's and am looking for a comparomise.. but their comparisons suck! They put me off totally with what could easily be seen as out and out lies...

Focus on the slow speed manouvering advantage - great. but don't try and make out it tracks better than a tournament boat. Highlight the on board crapper and wet bar but don't say this boat has more room than a wakeboard boat of the same size - because that isn't true.

It seems like they pick chop and change the 'type' of competitor boat (V drive, Direct drive, wake hull, ski hull) just to prove their weak points. if they actually put that thing up against something like an X2, a VLX or a SAN I don't see it stacking up so great - but at least there are comparisons they could take and use against them.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-06-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
In the video the wake doesn't look very wide. The guy keeps landing in the flats. Also the claim of safety with the extended swim platform is funny since if you look at it the prop is still far closer to the boarder than on a v-drive. I guess we shouldn't be too hard on the boats they are advertising on this site! And its always fun to watch some guy at the lake forgetting to lift the outboard up at the end of a long day!
Old     (tversetti)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-06-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
Love the classic zoom in zoom out really fast marketing strategy in the video. Whoa, Speakers!
Old     (jaysus)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-06-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
Laughable attempt at getting their customers to drink the "kool aid".

Apples to apples boys. Now that they have completed their first boat show season with the Xtreme(original :-) )"wake" line and realized how many educated consumers there are out there, they have set up a site to compromise their customers safety to overcome every reasonable objection to buying an i/0 wake boat.

I just lost a lot of respect for Chapparal. That site is a joke.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-06-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
I will say this about the Sunesta, the outdrive is actually recessed into the hull about 2-3 feet as opposed to other I/O's where the outdrive is flush with the stern. So that may improve safety over other I/O's, but not compared to V-drives. They would also have to figure out a way to make them safe for wakesurfing before I would buy one. It would be nice for those people who need an I/O for their riding conditions to have one that produces a proven wake.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-06-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
awful! just, awful!
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-06-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
yeah the zoom in and out reminds me of waynes world. whoa whoa whao.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-06-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
The wake is still washed out and not crisp. Not what I want to ride on.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-06-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
I read all of the camparisons... I SOLD... can someone please take my tournament V-Drive off my hands... Can't imagine what I was every thinking... Considering what Charpparel has to say... I think I will find myself a Bayliner i/o... basically the same thing.. I feel so much better about things. I can't believe I got brainwashed!

Thank you Chapparel for bringing that to my attention!

I feel bad for the long time companies like Correct Craft, Malibu, and Mastercraft... lets home they start making i/o's. And the new guys like Epic and WakeCraft... no chance on surviving now...

I/O's have all inboard companies shaking in their boots!
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
Keith you beat me to the safety thing

I will give Chaparral the win for low speed control but on everything else they are out of their firggin mind
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-06-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
they need to place the drive under the boat like they're larger models
real cool
can turn 360 degrees like a tug boat
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
wait guys everyone knows that as soon as you add tribal graphics and a tower it becomes a hard core wakeboard boat. give them a break

Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-06-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
That is the funniest thing I've read all year! Probably will be for the rest of it. There's just too much to point out. I loved it. Are we sure it's not a hoax?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2008, 11:35 PM Reply   
Chaparral... "we didnt invent the wakeboard boat, we just made a mockery of it by releasing the new sunesta xtreme."
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-07-2008, 12:25 AM Reply   
What was I thinking! I drove a 22' Chaparral and I bought something else.
I must have been having a bad day. It should have occurred to me, having a boat that weighed an extra 1000# would save me ballast. And that less interior room could be made up be a big swim deck way up out of the water.

Sounds like a frontal attack marketing plan to make up for dropping sales. I wonder why their sales are dropping?

Edit: I just built one on their site and realized it would have cost me thousands more to get it. Now I feel really bad.

(Message edited by rallyart on April 07, 2008)
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-07-2008, 3:43 AM Reply   
Dude, he said that the mother in law loves it. I'm sold!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-07-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
Classic I/O driver. Ignore the mirror, and turn around to watch the rider.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-07-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
Looks like a Mastercraft.