Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    billy_ray            02-26-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
does anyone have any pictures of what the wake looks like with the power wedge deployed?? wakesurfing and wakeboarding wake..i just ordered my new 06 vlx..how can i make the best wake to start doing flips??
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       02-27-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
Best i've got for now, this is a partially deployed power wedge on an '06 VLX with the diamond hull, I now have the wake hull that's another discussion.
I can take more in the spring if you need em, best I have laying around

Upload
Upload
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-27-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
Water Boy,

The power wedge is a nice improvement over the standard wedge, mainly because you can adjust it, as opposed to it being at a set position. My advice is to mess around with your wedge, extra ballast, positioning, speed, rope length, etc., and get the wake you want. The power wedge just gives you one more adjustment to properly tune your wake. I am sure you know that no wake will make you do inverts. That is all on the rider, and I know many riders that can go over on just about any wake. The wedge is about versatility, and adjustments with your wake. Good choice. Have fun with it!
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-27-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
OK, here's a crazy question: Since the power wedge has some mid-way adjustments that make it a little better for wakesurfing.....

Has anyone ever re-drilled some holes on the standard wedge to allow it to be down and locked at say 50% ?
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-27-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Hugh, there is a thread on the malibu site where a guy drilled holes or made a new mount for his wedge... his "tests" were inconclusive.