Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       09-12-2005, 5:20 AM Reply   
i had never broken a board before, but it's pretty d@mn loud when it happens!

guess i'll check out the 06 line up.
Old     (wakesa)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-12-2005, 6:11 AM Reply   
holy s#*t. I neva knew u could brake a board unless u do sliders, but that was from a simple scarecrow. you must have gone big...
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-12-2005, 6:28 AM Reply   
Is the board still covered under warranty? That sucks man!
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-12-2005, 7:04 AM Reply   
hey Cody...I know you just got a new Substance...what bindings are you using with it? I demo'd a PS3 this weekend (very similar to a Substance) and couldn't use it because my Hyperlite Belmont bindings would tighten down on it due to the board being very convex and I think the screws were too long. So curious as to what bindings will work with Liquid Force boards. Sorry for the thread hi-jack.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-12-2005, 7:32 AM Reply   
My friend watched an Absolute break in Canyon's backwater this summer; again, not slider-related. Is there anything to this?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-12-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
Andrew, I'm using LF Elements (LF's lower-end). I haven't had the bucks to invest in new bindings just yet. They really aren't that bad though, I really like them. I've rode the Sphynx and really couldn't notice much of a difference.

Did the LF dealer you demoed the board with tell you the Hyperlite's would work in th PS3? I'm not sure how mixing binding/board brands works, but typically there isn't a problem (I have a friend who rides a Hyperlite Byerly w/ Sphnyx bindings). I do know, if somehow the dealer/manufacturer found out, you'd invalidate your warranty by mixing the brands.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread :-)

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-12-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
So you're saying that a board company will void the warranty on their product if you mix board/binding brands? That doesn't sound quite right.

On another note, if you have trouble with LF board with HL bindings, just use some nylon washers as spacers in there. Works great. Or just change out the screws to shorter ones...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
Nice work..... Boards break. It's a normal thing. Hopefully its still new enough to be covered under warranty.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-12-2005, 8:33 AM Reply   
Yea, I know Liquid Forces warranty is that way, David. I assume all of them are similar. If you use other-brand bindings, fins, or other accessories (heck, maybe even stickers, not sure), they can refuse to honor your warranty.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-12-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Cody, thanks for jumping in. Yeah, I don't have the cash right now to throw down for a complete new set-up either. I like my HL bindings just fine, but want a new board. The chick at the board shop asked if I had bindings when I took it out, but then when I brought it back and told her that HL bindings didn't work she said "yeah, we've been having some problems with the HL bindings stripping the LF board inserts". I was like "then why in the hell didn't you ask me what bindings I was going to use with your demo board?" Anyway, frustrating to get out on the lake, fill the bags, get up and jump first time and have your binds complete turn all over the place on impact cause they're not designed to be used with HL bindings. Good thing I brought my old board with me so I was still able to ride.

Tparider...good info on the HL bindings and LF board. My HL "claws" already have 2 nylon washers per screw...are you saying to add some more washers under there to take up the space? The other problem I found was that HL Binding plates are perfectly flat whereas the PS3 that I demo'd had a convex surface...so my HL bindings only touched in the middle next to where the claws bolt on....the toe and heel of the binding was completely off the board...this seems like a problem as I would think that you would want the binding plate to always be in contact with the board. But I could be wrong on that.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       09-12-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
the board is an 03 so i don't know about warranty. i'll give cwb a call though...
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-12-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
ive broke at least 6 boards the same way..
4-5 140 Greg Nelson's Pro Model Double Up
1 LF 138 Trip
couple more too.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-12-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
CWB will give you 2 years. You may be in luck
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-12-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
cdm, thats impressive! Those double up boards are TANKS!, I don't think I could ever break my nelson (then again, I don't ride it much any more).

Guys, the HL LF binding thing is nothing new. It has Always been that way. Same w/ HL and Double UP. I'm not sure about CWB. HL sells longer screws with their bindings because their boards have deeper screw inserts. To fix this problem use more washers on your non hype board, or hack saw off 3 notches of the screw. Put a bolt on first all the way, saw the notches off, then unscrew the bolt (it makes it so you can rethread the cut part).
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       09-12-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
CWB is sending an 05 out to me as a replacement tomorrow.

There are some great board companies out there, and CWB is one of them.

}
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
Yup, good to hear it. About the binding thing: yeah, nothing new. I'm not so into crossdressing. I usually try to stick to one companies products for compatibility and warranty reasons, although there are a lot of people who think differently. Not hatin', but that's what works for me.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-12-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
CIE....valid point about the not into crossdressing...just hard sometimes to fork out for a whole new package when all you really want is a new board. But, its not a cheap sport to begin with...so you know that going in.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-12-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
My 03' broke as well and it was replaced, no questions asked.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-12-2005, 2:39 PM Reply   
Sounds like an upgrade to me. Need to go bigger and break mine!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-12-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
I did a scarecrow to snap, unfortunately the snap was a couple bones and skin rather than my board!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-12-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
i backroll to snapped an 03 platinum after less than a month.......too bad i had already hit sliders with it. Oh well, it was a good excuse to upgrade to an 05 plat, and now i always keep an extra lute around just in case.......

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (dustin_c_wilson)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2005, 5:32 AM Reply   
Good job D1